Chapter 38

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just tell me, Jaebum,” Jiyeon said, looking at him. “Tell me you hate me. Tell me you want me to go away. Tell me you don’t like a girl like me. Tell me to move on. Just say it to my face, Jaebum!” Jiyeon cried as JB bent down in front of her swing, staring at her. “Jaebum.” She started before feeling his hands on her face, his thumbs wiping her tears from her eyes.

“Why are you crying for such a useless guy like me?” JB asked. “Don’t you remember me hating it when you cry?”

“You’re not useless,” Jiyeon replied, staring at JB.

“Why are you telling me to say those things? You can’t boss me around,” JB muttered, wiping her tears, and feeling his heart pound against his chest.

“Because it’s the truth,” Jiyeon whispered.

“Who said it was?” JB asked, taking out the picture and placing it on her lap as she looked down. “Who told you it was true?” He questioned, leaning in closer to her as Jiyeon held the picture in her hand.

“I don’t know what is true and what isn’t true anymore,” Jiyeon replied, looking up as she realized how close they were to each other, making her gulp.

“Should I… Show you what’s true?” JB asked softly, staring at her lips as he leaned in closer, making Jiyeon close her eyes when she felt his breath getting closer to her lips. “Should I tell you the truth?” He whispered, closing his eyes. "I can't do this. No. I can't. Why is my mind telling me no? My heart is beating so fast. Do I kiss her?"

Leaning closer, JB stopped slightly before her lips.

"Stop running so fast!" Jr yelled.

"You're so weird! Go away!" Kai shouted back.

"What are you two doing?" Jr asked before Kai could cover his mouth.

"Way to ruin the moment!" Kai hissed before JB and Jiyeon's eyes opened widely.

"I-," Jiyeon started looking at JB.

"There was a leaf in your hair," JB spoke up, reaching up and taking it out of her hair.

"O-Oh," Jiyeon nodded, standing up quickly. "I should head back." She pointed before running off. "How could you even think he was going to kiss you? He was probably laughing at me. I'm so stupid." She muttered to herself, slightly pouting.

"Let's go." JB pointed, playing with the leaf.

"I ruined the moment, didn't I?" Jr whined.

"Isn't it obvious?" Kai rolled his eyes.

"You ran over here!" Jr argued.

"Only because it was the only way back to our campsite!" Kai replied.

"It's no ones fault," JB shrugged, looking down at the ground.

"You were going to kiss her~," Jr sang, skipping backwards in front of JB's face.

"Shut up," JB glared at him.

"I think he was going to too!" Kai danced.

"Leave me alone!" JB yelled.

"Never ever!" Jr laughed.

"What took you so long?" Kai asked.

"Did your lips touch?" Jr questioned.

"Was it like the dramas?" Kai added.

"I wasn't going to kiss her!" JB shouted with a slightly red face.

"Just admit it!" Kai demanded.

"You wanted to kiss her, didn't you? You were going to, weren't you?" Jr smirked as the two stared at JB.

"Well..." JB coughed softly. "Maybe... Maybe I was going to kiss her." JB muttered with a red face before pushing the two away and running back.

"Woohoo! I knew it!" Kai cheered.

"Our cute Jaebum strikes once again!" Jr laughed.

 

~Few Days Later

“Taecyeon, don’t you think you should go home?” Yoona asked on the phone while helping Tiffany with her work.

“Don’t you think you should have showed up to work today?” Taecyeon chuckled, while driving.

“I’m being serious, Taecyeon,” Yoona sighed. “I have nothing against you staying at Siwon and Tiffany’s house but, they need space too.”

“So are you saying I should stay at your house?” Taecyeon joked.

“Taecyeon.” Yoona said sternly.

“Alright, I’ll go home. Besides, I have a lot of work at the office and I know you have to help Tiffany too.” Taecyeon replied.

“I forgot! Jaebum won’t be home today, he has to meet up with some old friends or something,” Yoona told him.

“I’ll just pick Yoonhyun up later and take him with me,” Taecyeon said, parking his car outside his building.

“Alright, I’ll see you later, bye, Taecyeon,” Yoona smiled before hanging up.

“Work time.” Taecyeon muttered before walking into the company.

 

“Are you that nervous?” Jr asked as he watched JB pace back and forth in the restaurant.

“The last time I saw them was before our incident,” JB replied, fixing the table and chairs reserved specifically for them.

“Jaebum, you’ll be perfectly fine,” Jr chuckled, sitting in his seat. “They’ll be here soon.” Jr said, ing his school uniform. “Take your apron off and sit down.”

“I’m still on duty… Till they come,” JB told him before the doors opened and four guys walked in.

“My friends!” Jr stood up and ran towards them, tackling all of them.

“You know, you coming and helping us pick up these three foreigners wouldn’t hurt you,” one of them laughed.

“Youngjae Hyung is right. I’m the youngest, why do I have to pick them up,” the tallest one laughed.

“That’s because I let you stay at my house while you were in LA, Yugyeom,” one of them chuckled while Jr tackled him with a hug.

“You do that for everyone, Mark Hyung,” another chuckled.

“How is Thailand, Bambam?” Jr ruffled his hair.

“How can you guys leave the y and wild Jackson on the streets of Seoul by himself?!” the last guy shouted as he opened the door and walked in.

“It’s not like you’ve never been here before,” Jr chuckled.

“Well, it’s been awhile,” Jackson muttered before they noticed JB standing there quietly.

“Hey…” JB waved nervously. “It’s been a while. I hope we can get along again. Jinyoung told me last minute that you guys were coming. If I knew I would have prepared something nice but I didn’t so this is the most I can do.” he finished before the all tackled him in a hug.

“It’s good to see you again too, JB,” they all laughed while they took their seats. Kai walked out of the kitchen, watching as the seven guys laughed together as he placed the drinks and food down at the table for them, before leaving quietly and sitting in the corner to do his work.

“They’re having a good time,” Kai sighed before wiping the silverware.

 

“Wait here. It’ll probably be quick.” Mr. Ok said as he stepped out the car and walked towards the door of the daycare. Once he stepped in, Yoonhyun ran towards him, holding his hand with tears in his eyes.

“Grandpa,” Yoonhyun cried before Mr. Ok nudged the kid off.

“How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not your grandpa,” He hissed before seeing the teacher.

“I’m sorry to bother you.” the teacher bowed, patting Yoonhyun’s head. “Yoonhyun was fighting with his classmate. He even went as far as pushing the classmate. I don’t know the reason why, but Yoonhyun didn’t want to call his parents.”

“You’re already using violence at this age?” Mr. Ok asked.

“Don’t misunderstand Yoonhyun though. He’s a very good child. Today he was just a little off, that’s all.” the teacher said before Mr. Ok walked out the door with Yoonhyun trailing behind him. The chauffeur opened the door as Mr. Ok got in. Yoonhyun sat next to him before Mr. Ok stared at him.

“Sorry,” Yoonhyun apologized before scooting away and sitting on the other side.

“Where to, Sir?” the chauffeur asked.

“Home.” Mr. Ok replied, glancing at Yoonhyun who was looking out the window as the car started to move. “Here, wipe your tears.” Mr. Ok demanded, giving Yoonhyun a tissue. “Why did you fight that kid? You’re exactly like your dad.”

“He talked bad about Appa and Eomma,” Yoonhyun sniffed, looking down at his feet. “He said they were bad people.”

“That doesn’t mean you should fight him,” Mr. Ok replied as they entered their neighborhood.

“I wanted to protect Eomma,” Yoonhyun replied, looking at Mr. Ok. “Uncle Jaebum said the boys in the family protect the girls.” he smiled as they pulled in the driveway.

“Your Uncle Jaebum is right,” Mr. Ok muttered before the door opened and he got out. Holding out his hand, Yoonhyun jumped out the car and looked around.

“Why are we at Appa’s house?” Yoonhyun asked, before Mr. Ok let go of his hand and started walking towards the door.

“Did you eat lunch yet?” Mr. Ok questioned before Yoonhyun shook his head. “Come on. My wife probably cooked some.”

“Grandma?” Yoonhyun smiled. “I mean, Mrs. Ok?” Yoonhyun asked and walked into the house.

 

“Finally done,” Tiffany stretched, sitting on the balcony of her office.

“Thanks to me, of course,” Yoona laughed, giving her the cup of coffee before sitting down next to Tiffany.

“I’m very thankful to have a friend like you, Yoona,” Tiffany smiled.

“I feel the exact same way,” Yoona replied, sipping her coffee. “You’ve done so much for me, this is the least I can do.”

“That’s what friends are for,” Tiffany said. “I’m always here for you, no matter what.”

“Me too.” Yoona nodded.

“You look happier these days,” Tiffany commented.

“What do you mean by that?” Yoona asked, looking at her.

“You just do. You don’t look stressed anymore, you smile more. You’re happy.” Tiffany explained.

“Everything at the moment is just nice,” Yoona said, looking down at her coffee. “Yoonhyun has a dad, Jaebum isn’t depressed anymore, you and Siwon are happy, what more can I ask for?”

“Don’t you ever plan on being with Taecyeon?” Tiffany asked.

“Well.” Yoona thought before nodding slowly. “I want to. But it’s too early right now and his parents still don’t approve Yoonhyun and I.” Yoona shrugged.

“It doesn’t hurt to try to get along with them. Who wouldn’t like you? You’re Im Yoona. And Yoonhyun? Everyone loves him.” Tiffany laughed softly.

“But before me, Jaebum needs to fix his problems first,” Yoona said.

“Him and Jiyeon? Don’t worry, they’ll be together again, no big deal,” Tiffany assured.

“That’s not Jaebum’s only problem. He went through a lot. I have to be sure he won’t go back like before.” Yoona whispered.

 

“I’m not even kidding,” Jr laughed while Jaebum punched him in the arm.

“Do you guys really believe Jinyoung? He’s a liar!” JB chuckled.

“Jaebumblebee, some things never change,” Jackson said.

“You don’t even know,” JB sighed.

“So you’ve been working here since we left?” Mark asked as JB nodded.

“It’s nice, I like it,” Yugyeom smiled.

“Too bad we can’t stay long, I have to head back to Thailand asap,” Bambam shrugged.

“No worries, we can always have reunions,” Youngjae smiled.

“Wherever my dear Jaebum goes, I’ll go with him,” Jr said and hugged JB’s arm.

“Get off of me,” JB laughed, pushing him off, before glancing around the restaurant and seeing Kai struggle with their seven plates of dessert. “Jongin, let me help you.”

“I’m fine, I got it,” Kai assured.

“You obviously need help.” Jr said as him and JB walked towards Kai.

“I said I got it, it’s my job,” Kai told them.

“We just want to help, Jongin,” JB replied.

“I said I already got it though,” Kai muttered, placing down the dessert and walking towards the kitchen.

“We’ll be back,” JB smiled at his friends before walking towards Kai.

“He’s our best friend, Jongin. Kim Jongin.” Jr introduced before running off.

“Is something wrong, Jongin?” JB asked, going to the back where Kai was.

“Just working, that’s all,” Kai replied.

“Hey. That’s not the Jongin I know, tell us what’s wrong,” Jr nudged.

“It’s just. I don’t want to say it,” Kai shook his head as the two stared at him. “I feel left out?” He shrugged. “I know they’re your old friends and all but you know… I can’t help it.” He muttered.

“You idiot,” Jr laughed, pushing him.

“You? Left out? Why didn’t you say so,” JB chuckled. “We’re the three J’s. If you were to hang out with the others we would be jealous too.”

“And who said you needed to serve us, come sit with us,” Jr demanded, pulling him.

“But I don’t want to interrupt,” Kai said.

“Shut up and let’s go,” JB laughed, before they arrived at the table and pushed Kai down.

“This is the Kim Jongin,” Jr pointed.

“Him and I’ve been working together for a long time,” JB explained.

“Nice to meet you,” they all greeted.

“Are you the Kim Jongin from that one dance team?” Bambam gasped.

“You do know the whole dance team works here, right?” Mark laughed.

“Yeah, there’s a lot of waiters here,” Kai chucked.

“Get some girl waitresses in here, please,” Jackson suggested as they all laughed.

“That wouldn’t be a bad idea actually,” Jr smiled.

“I would love to train a new girl waitress,” Kai chuckled.

“When will you two stop being idiots?” JB laughed, slapping both of them in the head.

 

“Excuse me, what?” Taecyeon asked.

“Yoonhyun went home with his grandpa today,” the teacher replied.

“As in Mr. Ok?” Yoona questioned as the teacher nodded.

“Yoonhyun got in a fight today and he didn’t want his parents or cousin to pick him up so I called his grandpa,” the teacher explained before the two bowed and walked out.

“My dad? Picking up Yoonhyun?” Taecyeon muttered.

“I’m sure it’s fine,” Yoona whispered.

“Let’s go,” Taecyeon said, opening the car door as Yoona gave him a confused look. “To pick up our son.” he finished before closing the door.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Ok,” Yoonhyun bowed in his seat before the two adults sat down.

“You can start eating,” Mrs. Ok told him.

“Eomma told me to wait till adults eat first before I start,” Yoonhyun replied, before he saw Mr. Ok starting to eat.

“I won’t keep you waiting then,” Mrs. Ok laughed softly before she started eating. The two watched as Yoonhyun started eating the noodles.

“It’s yummy,” Yoonhyun smiled.

“At home, how did you eat?” Mr. Ok asked.

“Eomma always cooked,” Yoonhyun started. “When Eomma was busy, Uncle Jaebum would cook for me. Sometimes Aunt Tiffany would come and bring us food or she eats with us because she can’t cook that well.”

“Uncle Jaebum always lived with you?” Mr. Ok questioned.

“Yes.” Yoonhyun nodded. “Uncle Jaebum did everything for me. When Eomma got sick, he would stay home from school to take care of me. Eomma loves Uncle Jaebum. He’s smart and good at everything! The owner of the restaurant always gave Uncle Jaebum food to bring home to us.” He said.

“Was Eomma always at home with you?” Mrs. Ok asked.

“Eomma tries to. She had a lot of jobs. She didn’t want help from Aunt Tiffany because she said it’s not good to bother people.” Yoonhyun explained, eating the noodles. “When Eomma and Uncle Jaebum weren’t home, I went to work with Uncle Jaebum or the daycare.”

“They lived a tiring life compared to us,” Mrs. Ok said.

“I don’t know how she did it,” Mr. Ok shrugged, finishing up the noodles. “Did you ever wonder where Appa was?”

“They just told me that Appa was far away and happy.” Yoonhyun said.

“Hurry up and finish your noodles, Grandma made some dessert,” Mrs. Ok smiled.

“Grandma? Can I call you Grandma?” Yoonhyun asked excitedly as Mrs. Ok nodded.

“Of course, I always wanted a grandchild,” she laughed softly.

“Mr. Ok said I can’t call him Grandpa though,” Yoonhyun whispered as Mr. Ok drank his tea and read his newspaper.

“He’s just stubborn that’s all,” Mrs. Ok replied.

“I’ll clean your plates for you, Mr. Ok,” Yoonhyun said, reaching for the plate.

“Thank you,” Mr. Ok thanked, watching Yoonhyun carry it to the sink before the front door opened. Taecyeon rushed into the kitchen while Yoona stood far away.

“Yoonhyun!” Taecyeon called as Yoonhyun placed the plates down and ran towards his dad.

“Appa!” Yoonhyun smiled.

“What did I tell you about leaving with other people?” Taecyeon asked.

“I went with Mr. Ok. He’s not a stranger,” Yoonhyun replied. “Mr. Ok picked me up from daycare today because I was sad. Him and Grandma fed me noodles.”

“You better be careful from now on. What you’re doing can affect your child. He was bullied at daycare to the point where he didn’t want to bother his parents,” Mr. Ok said. “Be careful next time. He was crying a lot.” Mr. Ok finished before standing up and walking towards the stairs.

“Aren’t you going to eat dessert?” Yoonhyun asked.

“I have work to do,” Mr. Ok replied and glanced at Yoona who bowed at him before he walked upstairs.

“Come, Yoona, sit down,” Mrs. Ok motioned as Yoona walked slowly. “I made noodles, you two should eat.” She said, pulling out the chairs and grabbing the bowls.

“Did he hurt you anywhere?” Taecyeon asked.

“No, I like Mr. Ok,” Yoonhyun smiled.

“Let me help you,” Yoona offered, standing up and helping Mrs. Ok.

“Thank you, daughter in law,” Mrs. Ok smiled.

“D-Daughter in law?” Yoona stuttered.

 

“I can’t look at him the same!” Jiyeon pouted, pacing back and forth in front of the restaurant after work. “Jiyeon, he wasn’t trying to kiss you, he was just taking something out of your hair.” She said to herself before the door opened.

“Are you coming in or what?” Jr laughed.

“I… I was just passing by,” Jiyeon replied.

“About a 100 times? Yeah, right. Come in, you always come anyways,” Jr said, opening the door widely before she stepped in.

“I told you it was her,” Kai chuckled, shaking his head at Jiyeon.

“Hurry up and set up, you guys know dinner is the busiest,” JB told the waiters as they nodded. “Can we help you with something?” JB asked.

“I was just passing by, that’s all. I’m off of work,” Jiyeon explained.

“That’s nice,” JB nodded, fixing the tables.

“I don’t think 12 boys working here as waiters is enough,” the owner said as he walked out from his office. “Hello, Jiyeon.” He greeted while Jiyeon bowed.

“What do you mean, boss?” Kai asked curiously as everyone gathered around.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually taking in what Jackson said,” Jr sighed.

“Girls? Girls? Girls?” Chanyeol, one of the waiters, cheered.

“With that hyper attitude, our customers already run away,” Baekhyun, another waiter laughed.

“But with 12 people our service is already good,” JB told the owner.

“I know that but look, we need girls in here. Sometimes you guys are too lazy to do the hard stuff,” the owner shook his head.

“We’re boys,” the three J’s shrugged.

“That is exactly I’m putting up this ‘help wanted’ sign. We will hire two girls.” the owner smiled.

“You know people know it’s hard to work here,” JB said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter