Chapter 27

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home!" Yoona opened the door and walked in.

"Eomma!!" Yoonhyun put down his toys and ran to hug her.

"Fany Eomma was about to come in but she had an urgent business meeting," Yoona told him.

"Noona, what's with all the stuff?" JB quickly helped her.

"Shopping," Yoona laughed and saw Jiyeon. "Oh, hi." She smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Jiyeon bowed. "I had to borrow your clothes because it was raining. Sorry." Jiyeon told her.

"Ani, it's okay," Yoona smiled. "Good thing Fany had her umbrella in the car." Yoona laughed and paced the pink umbrella next to the door. "Are you two doing homework?"

"She was in the rain and forgot her keys." JB told Yoona while getting her water.

"I see. Make yourself comfortable and stay as long as you want." Yoona smiled and motioned her to sit down.

"Um..." Jiyeon glanced at JB as she sat down.

"Don't mind him, he can't do anything, he's younger than me," Yoona laughed.

"Noona..." JB muttered and played with Yoonhyun.

"Jiyeon... Right?" Yoona asked as Jiyeon nodded. "Are you busy this weekend?"

"Aniyo," Jiyeon shook her head.

"Would you like to come to Yoonhyun's family competition?" Yoona asked.

"Noona!" JB shouted as Yoona glared at him. 

"It's fine," Jiyeon laughed.

"Go. The more the merrier," Yoona told her and suddenly remembered Taecyeon saying that. 

"She's Ok Taecyeon's cousin," JB muttered.

"Call me Unnie... Okay?" Yoona smiled.

"You know what Noona, you just got home so maybe you should rest," JB told her.

"It seems like Jaebum doesn't want me to talk," Yoona ruffled his hair. "Yoonhyun-ah, Eomma will be down in a minute, okay?" Yoona smiled and left upstairs.

"I know what you want and I will do what you want," Jiyeon told him.

"It's not that... I just don't want my family to get involved with yours a lot," JB muttered and started washing the dishes. 

"Noona! Let's play!" Yoonhyun held Jiyeon's hand and gave her a toy.

"Arasso," Jiyeon smiled and started to play with him. JB watched and sighed.

"If only my life was that easy," JB whispered.

 

"Did JB take my shampoo again?" Yoona said and walked towards JB's room as she opened the door. Yoona opened the door as she walked towards his bathroom and grabbed her shampoo. On her way out, she stopped and laughed. "Aigoo, he didn't fix his bed." she said and started fixing it as she saw her pictures. "He was looking through these again?" she asked and looked through them. She stopped when she saw pictures of JB and Jiyeon. 

"Oh! They knew each other before?" Yoona asked and looked at each picture. "How did I not know this? This was a while back. Jaebum's been hiding these from me." she sighed and took the pictures to her room.

 

"Where is she?" Taecyeon muttered while looking out his window. "It's raining like crazy." he said while waiting for Jiyeon. Taecyeon quickly took out his phone as he dialed Jiyeon's number.

"Yeoboseyo?" Jiyeon answered.

"Jiyeon-ah, where are you?" Taecyeon asked.

"It was raining and I had to stay at a friends house," Jiyeon told him while it started thundering.

"Don't go anywhere, I'll come pick you up," Taecyeon told her.

"Noona! Eomma said you can stay here till the rain stops," a voice said.

"Okay," Jiyeon replied to the boy. "Oppa, I'm fine, I'll be home soon. Don't worry."

"But I'm home alone," Taecyeon muttered.

"I'll be home later." Jiyeon said.

"Jiyeon, don't worry, you're not bothering us," a familiar voice of a woman said.

"Ne. Bye, Oppa," Jiyeon hung up.

"What a familiar voice," Taecyeon muttered while putting down his phone. "I'll just go to sleep." he yawned as he went to his bed.

 

"Aigoo, what if this rain doesn't stop? It's dinner time already," Yoona said while eating.

"Then Noona can stay here!" Yoonhyun clapped.

"Yoonhyun..." JB muttered.

"I'm sorry to bother you," Jiyeon said.

"Like I said, you're not," Yoona smiled at her. "Why don't you just spend the night here? We have extra rooms."

"It's fine," Jiyeon smiled and glanced at JB. "The rain is slowing down, I can walk home."

"Is your house far from here? I can get a taxi for you," Yoona told him.

"Aniyo, it's close by," Jiyeon informed. "Thank you for the food and letting me stay here."

"It's nothing," Yoona replied as she took the dishes. "Go ahead and change, I'll lend you an umbrella." Yoona told her as Jiyeon nodded and left upstairs.

"Why are you so nice to her?" JB muttered.

"She's your Class President," Yoona said.

"That doesn't mean anything," JB told her. 

"Yes it does. I need to talk to you later," Yoona replied.

"About what?"  JB asked.

"You'll see," Yoona said as Jiyeon came back down. "Come over anytime." Yoona smiled and gave her an umbrella.

"Ne. Kamsahabnida, I'll be leaving now." Jiyeon bowed. 

"Bye,  Noona!" Yoonhyun hugged her.

"Annyeong," Jiyeon ruffled his hair. "Bye, Jaebum." she said and headed out the door.

"I-I'll walk you home," JB said as he took the umbrella from her and started walking with her. "I'll be back, Noona." he said as they started walking.

"It's obvious," Yoona told herself.

"What's obvious, Eomma?" Yoonhyun asked.

"Nothing," Yoona smiled at him. "Go play, okay?" Yoona said as he nodded and left. 

 

"You're sister is nice," Jiyeon started while they were walking.

"Too nice," JB replied.

"She's good at cooking too," Jiyeon added.

"Noona is good at everything. She's the talented and smart one of the family." JB said.

"Your whole family is like that," Jiyeon replied as JB noticed her shoulder was getting wet. He moved the umbrella towards her as water dripped on his shoulder.

"I guess," JB shrugged. "Where is your house?"

"It's right there," Jiyeon pointed to it. The lights were all on. Jiyeon looked at the driveway and saw everyone's car there. "Time to get in trouble." she whispered.

"Did you say something?" JB asked.

"Aniyo," Jiyeon replied. "Thanks, I can walk up there from here." Jiyeon told him.

"Right," JB nodded. "I'll be leaving now." JB said as Jiyeon nodded and ran towards the door. She rang the doorbell as a tall figure open the door. JB glanced at the person and realized it was Ok Taecyeon.

"Get to your room right away," Taecyeon told Jiyeon. "My dad..." Taecyeon stopped when he saw JB. "Just go upstairs," he told Jiyeon as she nodded. She turned around and JB nodded to her as she ran up. JB started walking until someone grabbed his shoulder. "Hey, JB. What's up?"

"Why are you talking to me?" JB asked and looked at him.

"You know my cousin?" Taecyeon replied.

"She's the Class President. What do you want?" JB looked at him.

"Just to talk. We use to be close, what happened?" Taecyeon asked.

"Nothing," JB said and kept walking. 

"How do you know Yeona?" Taecyeon questioned. JB rolled his eyes. 

"She's my Noon-... Why does it matter to you?" JB asked. "I'll get going now. Bye." JB said and left.

"I don't get why he hates me so much," Taecyeon shrugged as he went in the house.

"Who do you think you are?!" Mr. Ok screamed from Jiyeon's room. "You're a teenage girl! You're walking home at night in the rain?! Do you want the reporters to see?"

"The reporters don't know who I am! I'm not even part of the business world," Jiyeon told him.

"It doesn't matter! Next time you stay out late, just stay there and don't come home!" Mr. Ok yelled.

"This isn't even home to me!" Jiyeon cried. "It's torture! Is it wrong to go to a classmate's house?!"

"How dare you argue with me?!" Mr. Ok shouted. Jiyeon was about to speak until Taecyeon stepped in and closed her door.

"What are you doing?" Taecyeon asked.

"Scolding her, now move," Mr. Ok demanded.

"Aniyo." Taecyeon replied. "Shouldn't you be worrying about her instead of yelling at her? Shouldn't you be asking if she's sick? She was stuck in the rain if you didn't know."

"Go to your room, this isn't your business," Mr. Ok told him.

"It is. She's my cousin," Taecyeon said. "If you're not going to take care of her the right way, then I will." Taecyeon opened the door to Jiyeon's room and got in as he locked the door. "Jiyeon-ah, are you sick?" Taecyeon asked as he felt her forehead.

"Aniyo," Jiyeon shook her head and sighed. "I'm going to get ready for bed." Jiyeon stood up.

"He ruined your day, didn't he?" Taecyeon asked as Jiyeon nodded.

"Today was a happy day. Why can't our family be happy like other families?" Jiyeon asked him. "I like spending time with other families than ours." Jiyeon said as she left to the bathroom.

"I feel the same way." Taecyeon said remembering his high school days. "I felt like that back then and now I still do." he sighed. "At least you're not partying or clubbing like I did. That's all that matters."  Taecyeon whispered as he headed towards his room.

 

"Yoonhyun is asleep already," JB said as he closed Yoonhyun's door. 

"You sure do have magic when it comes to making Yoonhyun sleep," Yoona laughed as she went to JB's room and sat down with him.

"Do you need something, Noona?" JB asked.

"If I'm in your room does that mean I need something?" Yoona replied.

"No, it's just." JB chuckled as he looked on his bed. "Where did they go?"

"Are you looking for these?" Yoona asked and placed down the pictures.

"N-Noona, w-why do you have those?"  JB stuttered as he quickly hid them.

"I saw them when I came into your room earlier to get my shampoo," Yoona told him as she sat down next to him on the bed. "Explain to me. Why don't I know about this?"

"Noona, it's the past," JB started.

"Is this what Jinyoung and Jongin always talk about?" Yoona asked as JB nodded slightly. "Tell Noona. You told me you would tell me everything, you didn't." she said.

"This was about three years ago. It was before I hung out with Ok Taecyeon, before I left Jinyoung," JB started.

"This is the Jiyeon that came today, right?" Yoona asked while pointing at the picture. 

"It's her." JB said. "I hate her."

"Im Jaebum, don't say that," Yoona told him. "Now tell Noona."

"I met her when I was in my first year of high school," JB started. "It was in the rain under a tree." he told Yoona while smiling. "I told Jinyoung about her and it turned out she went to our school. I always tried to meet her but when I do, I don't. But then I would always meet her when I don't try to meet her.' JB chuckled.

"Keep going," Yoona ruffled his hair.

"She started to hang out with Jinyoung and I. She didn't really have anyone else to hang out with so she joined our group." JB told Yoona. "She was different from all the other girls. I started to like her." JB sighed. "She liked me and Jinyoung made us date. Well actually I made Jinyoung make us get together. Basically I confessed." JB said. 

"That's my dongsaeng," Yoona laughed.

"We dated even though we were young. We took all these pictures together. She knew I loved dancing and singing. She knew I loved music and studying. She knew I loved school and how kingkas don't deserve to be hate because they have their reasons. She thought the same way as me." JB looked down. "She always dreamed of becoming an actress." JB looked at Yoona. "Noona. Do you remember me coming home and showing you the agency card? You know, how I got casted on the streets after the dance competition?"

"And you rejected it. Of course I remember." Yoona smiled.

"She was the reason why." JB told her as Yoona nodded. "We promised not to leave each other. But then she had a chance to become an actress in Japan. Shee accepted it and didn't tell me. She was about to leave and not tell me. That's why that day I took all these pictures and started hating her since then." JB said as he looked back down.

"Did you ever let her explain?" Yoona asked while patting his back.

"Aniyo. I was too mad." JB said. "That's why I started hanging out with the kingkas, that's why I lost hope and hated everything in this world. I hated music, singing, and dancing because of her. You know the rest." JB sighed again.

"That's the past now. Let it go, we can all tell you still care about her." Yoona whispered.

"I don't want to Noona. It hurts." JB told her. "It doesn't help that she's Ok Taecyeon's cousin too."

"I know," Yoona nodded. "Go rest, okay?" Yoona smiled as she patted his head. "You're tired." she added as she left towards his door.

"Noona," JB called as Yoona turned around. "I'm sorry for not telling you. Thank you for listening to me."

"I'm always here for you. We're family no matter what." Yoona smiled as JB nodded. "Good night." Yoona said as she closed the door.

 

~Family Competition

"What are you doing?" Yoonhyun asked when he saw Kai and Jr doing jumping jacks.

"Exercising," Kai panted.

"Warming up!" Jr added.

"Being dumb," JB chuckled as he carried the cooler in.

"YAH!" the two pouted.

"Come on! Keep practicing!" Siwon joked as he walked in.

"You better not be embarassing," Tiffany laughed.

"As long as we have fun," Yoona smiled.

"Eomma, I'm going to go play with Sangmin, Dongsu, and Hyukyeon," Yoonhyun said as he ran off.

"Hey!" Sunny waved.

"Big family you get there," Sungmin laughed.

"Ne, they're my friends," Yoona replied.

"Friendly competition please," Hyoyeon joked.

"We're all friends," Eunhyuk added.

"Of course," Yoona nodded.

"Our family has six kids, how will we handle them?" Jessica laughed.

"Fun, it's all about fun," Donghae chuckled.

"Right," Yoona smiled. "This is my brother, JB and my best friend, Tiffany and her fiance Siwon."

"Nice to meet you!" Tiffany smiled brightly.

"Pleasure," Siwon shook their hands.

"Annyeonghaseyo," JB bowed and left with his friends to get ready.

"We'll get going now," they waved as they left. 

"Push ups!" Kai called.

"Let's go!!" Jr said as they got on the ground.

"You guys are so embarassing!" JB laughed but stopped when he saw a familiar face.

"I'm here," Taecyeon waved.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Yoona bowed.

"Hi," Tiffany said quickly and looked away.

"JB," Siwon called as JB walked over.

"Yeah?" JB answered.

"Today is a fun day. Just pretend he's not here and have fun,okay? Just for today," Siwon said.

"I guess I can do it for today, for Yoonhyun, right?" JB smiled as Siwon and him high fived each other.

"Why do you listen to Siwon?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, you never listen to us!" Jr pouted.

"That's because I'm cool!" Siwon cheered a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter