Chapter 34

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Because I like you!" Taecyeon confessed and Yoona looked at him with her eyes opened wide. "Isn't it obvious? All this time, wasn't it obvious?"

"This doesn't change anything. I want my son back," Yoona told him sternly.

"This makes a difference in my life, Yoona! My life!" Taecyeon pointed.

"How?" Yoona asked calmly. "What difference does it make?" She questioned while looking at him in the eyes.

"We can live as a happy family." Taecyeon whispered. "I want to be apart of your family and you to be part of mine. Isn't that possible for all of us?" He asked softly. Yoona stared at him before moving her attention to Tiffany then JB. He looked at her as he smiled softly before nodding and walking away.

"Let's go see Yoonhyun," Tiffany pulled Siwon with her.

"What?" Yoona replied.

"Listen to me. I'll try very hard, I'll keep him happy," Taecyeon told her honestly. He reached for her hand and squeezed it. "Please give me a chance. He can stay with you and I'll visit. My parents don't approve but after a while, they will. Yoona, I promise I'll keep both you and him happy." He said.

"No," Yoona answered as Taecyeon's eyes widen. "How can I trust you? You change too much! You even took him away."

"I didn't mean to!" Taecyeon said.

"We'll you did anyways," Yoona told him.

"I'll give him back to you, we can be a family," Taecyeon told her.

"I want him back and that's it," Yoona replied before getting up.

"What do I have to do for you to trust me?" Taecyeon followed her.

"Just give Yoonhyun back, that's all," Yoona said before walking towards Yoonhyun and ignoring Taecyeon.

"I don't know what to do anymore," Taecyeon sighed and sat down as Siwon went to him.

"Are you okay?" Siwon asked.

"Do I look okay?" Taecyeon muttered.

"Just take your time. It will happen," Siwon said.

"And how do you know that?" Taecyeon asked.

"When am I ever wrong?" Siwon chuckled.

 

"And then Appa showed me the company's pool," Yoonhyun told the three J's.

"Then what happened?" Jr asked.

"He almost taught me how to swim but then his dad made him go back to work," Yoonhyun said sadly.

"His dad?" Kai raised an eyebrow.

"Appa's dad." Yoonhyun nodded.

"Why don't you call him grandpa?" JB asked, putting Yoonhyun on his knees.

"He won't let me," Yoonhyun replied sadly.

"He won't let you? Why not?" JB ruffled Yoonhyun's hair.

"He doesn't like me," Yoonhyun whispered.

"Everyone likes you!" Kai told him.

"Who wouldn't?" Jr smiled.

"Mr. Ok," Yoonhyun muttered.

"Listen," JB looked at Yoonhyun. "People don't like someone at first, but soon they warm up, right there." He pointed Yoonhyun's heart.

"Says someone who won't admit that he's warming up to her," Jr said.

"Tell me about it," Kai agreed before the two received a glare from JB.

"What does that mean?" Yoonhyun asked.

"It means-," JB started.

"Your uncle is in love with girl and he-," before Jr could finish, JB grabbed a piece of bread nearby and stuffed it in his mouth.

"I won't say anything!" Kai laughed when he saw Jr.

"Yoonhyun," Yoona called as he ran to her and hugged her. "Today you get to move back. You get to live at our house again." She smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Yay! I get to see everyone again!" Yoonhyun cheered. "Is Appa living with us too?" He asked and Yoona stared at him before shaking her head.

"No. It will be back to normal. He'll just visit you but he won't stay with us," Yoona said and Yoonhyun nodded. "We will be happy again, okay?" She smiled, hugging him tightly.

"Okay," Yoonhyun nodded.

 

-Next Day

"He slept like normal. I thought he could sleep alone but turns out he still needed me to put him to sleep," JB smiled.

"I wonder how he slept when he was Taecyeon's home then," Jr started.

"Yeah, isn't it kind of weird?" Kai asked before the bell rang and the two started running off.

"Guys! Wait up!" JB called but stopped when he saw Jiyeon at her locker alone. Letting out a sigh as he watched her, she tiredly leaned her forehead against the locker.

"I'm tired." She whispered, closing her eyes to sleep a bit. Before she drifted off, her body started to fall as she stood up straight, fixing her uniform before looking around. "I'm going to be late!" She exclaimed, as she started walking quickly before stopping when she dropped her pencil. Before she could bend down and pick it up, a hand reached for it, holding it in front of her. "Jaebum."

"Why aren't you in class?" JB asked, staring at her blankly.

"I couldn't sleep last night. I was having problems." Jiyeon whispered.

"Problems? Tell me. I can help. Don't you remember? I promised to always be there?" JB said in his head. "Well you're not the only one." He muttered, glancing around before seeing a glimpse of the hall monitor, a snobby kingka.

"I-," Jiyeon started but before she could finish, JB grabbed her wrist and started running out the school with Jiyeon following after. "What's happening?"

"Just follow me!" JB demanded as he heard the hall monitor chasing them. Stopping at the gate, he looked at Jiyeon before looking back and forth quickly. "Come on!" He called, climbing up the gate and sitting on the top.

"I-I can't," Jiyeon said as JB held out his hand. Taking a deep breath, Jiyeon grabbed it before JB jumped down.

"Come on. I'm down here." JB told her, seeing the hall monitor come closer, Jiyeon closed her eyes as she jumped down. Quickly grabbing her hand, JB ran towards the park before panting heavily. Once she caught her breath, Jiyeon looked at their hands before JB noticed and quickly pushed it away. "Yeah..." He coughed before going to the playground and sitting on it.

Jiyeon followed quietly, before laying a couple feet away from him. JB stared up at the sky silently before glancing at her.

"You can sleep. We'll be here for a while." JB told her.

"This was like that time back then," Jiyeon said softly, her eyes closing.

"What time?" JB lied, keeping his eyes on the clouds.

"That time we... Don't you remember?" Jiyeon asked, her voice getting softer as she slowly drifted away.

"Of course I remember you idiot. When have I ever forgotten anything about you?" JB thought.

Flashback:

"Don't worry. I'm always late. Every time I get caught they just let me go. I'm Im Jaebum, remember?" Jaebum smiled.

"Are you sure?" Jiyeon asked before Jaebum froze. "Jaebum? What's happening?"

"Just follow me!" Jaebum screamed, grabbing her hand and running as the teacher chased them. He quickly climbed up the gates before looking down at Jiyeon. "Come on! I got you, Jiyeon. Trust me!"

"But heights..." Jiyeon started reaching for his hand as she climbed up. Once Jaebum jumped down, he held his hands out to her.

"Come on. I'm down here. I got you. Close your eyes and jump." Jaebum said softly as Jiyeon nodded and jumped down, grabbing his hands as the two ran off.

"You told me you always got caught," Jiyeon panted once they were far away.

"Uh... I... I didn't want you to get in trouble!" Jaebum lied.

"Liar..." Jiyeon laughed softly before Jaebum blushed. "But that's what I like about you." She giggled softly.

End of Flashback

"So... What happened back then?" JB asked, waiting for her to reply. "Yah..." He called and turned to her, only to find her asleep under the sunlight. Staring at her, he brushed her hair to the side. "What do I do about you?" JB muttered softly.

 

"Eomma~" Yoonhyun called, walking down the stairs as he rubbed his eyes. "Eomma~"

"Yoonhyun, you're awake." Yoona smiled, running to him as she picked him up.

"Where is Uncle Jaebum?" Yoonhyun yawned.

"He already went to school. I want you to go get ready and then Eomma will take you out to play, okay?" Yoona told him.

“Will we get to go see Appa?” Yoonhyun asked.

“Yoonhyun...” Yoona called. “Appa isn’t someone you should see, okay?”

“But why do all the other kids get to see their Appa? I want to go to the daycare and tell all my friends and the mean kids that I have an Appa,” Yoonhyun told her.

“Yoonhyun, no. I’m sorry,” Yoona said.

“Is Appa busy? Does Appa not want to see me?” Yoonhyun asked.

“We just can’t, okay?” Yoona whispered. “Not now. I don’t know when but everything will change. Eomma has to find a job so I can send you to the daycare again. We’ll get things back to normal.”

 

“So what does my son want for lunch?” Yoona asked, holding Yoonhyun’s hand as they walked down the street.

“I want Appa to eat with us,” Yoonhyun muttered.

“Yoonhyun! How many times does Eomma have to tell you?” Yoona questioned.

“I miss Appa,” Yoonhyun cried.

“Do you want to go live with Appa again? Do you want to go see him?” Yoona bent down, wiping his tears.

“I want all three of us together with everyone,” Yoonhyun wept.

“Okay, okay. Stop crying. Eomma will go find Appa, okay? Eomma will go find him,” Yoona whispered, his back calmly.

 

“Hello, how can I help you today?” the front desk lady asked before looking up. “Oh. Yeona. I mean Yoona. What are you doing here?”

“Is Mr. Ok in?” Yoona replied, letting her eyes look around the lobby to see if he was around the company.

“He actually is. He’s about to go out for breakfast but I think you can catch him before he leaves,” she smiled.

“Thank you,” Yoona bowed before carrying Yoonhyun as she started walking towards the elevator. “This company is very big, I don’t want you to get lost.”

“Eomma, I’ve already been here once with Appa,” Yoonhyun smiled before the two got in the elevator.

“I’m guessing it’s true about her being with Ok Taecyeon,” the worker said.

“No wonder he accepted her and let her work so long,” another rolled her eyes.

“Yah, you two be quiet and stop talking about people behind their backs,” an elder man said.

“Mr. Choi,” they bowed before Tiffany came running over to his side.

“Is something wrong, father in law?” Tiffany asked, holding his arm.

“Nothing, let’s go. Siwon is waiting for us outside,” Mr. Choi said before he started walking.

“Weird,” Tiffany whispered softly.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t want to eat with you?” Taecyeon asked.

“You can’t reject me. I’m your fiance!” Sunye argued.

“Just wait, I’ll break the engagement soon,” Taecyeon told her.

“What made you suddenly change your mind?” Sunye asked. “Don’t tell me those news articles are real. Do you actually like the piece of trash?” she smirked.

 

“Come in,” Taecyeon’s secretary called once there was a knock on the door. “Oh, Yoonhyun.”

“Hello, I’m here to see Appa,” Yoonhyun smiled before Yoona glanced at him.

“We’re here to see Mr. Ok. I’m his old secretary,” Yoona told him.

“I don’t think he’s busy at the moment so you may go see him,” the secretary smiled as Yoona stared at the desk. Deep down inside, she missed working there but something told her that it might not ever happen again after all the things that happened between the two. With Yoonhyun in her arms, Yoona made her way towards the door but before she could knock, two voices made her stop.

“Since you’re staying quiet doesn’t that mean you agree that she’s a piece of trash?” Sunye asked.

“Don’t say that,” Taecyeon demanded.

“Well isn’t that horrible? Your son’s mother is a piece of trash. She’s garbage. Who knew she was that nerd from before. I can’t believe she actually got you. Were you that drunk?” Sunye laughed.

“Don’t bring the past o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter