Chapter 36

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa has to go," Taecyeon told Yoonhyun.

"I want you stay! Stay with me please," Yoonhyun whined as he jumped up and down.

"I can't. I've already been here for hours and your mother and you have to eat dinner," Taecyeon said.

"I haven't seen you in a long time, Appa. I miss Appa. Uncle Jaebum needs to see you too, Appa!" Yoonhyun cried.

"Yoonhyun, Appa can't. I'm sorry," Taecyeon said, glancing at Yoona who walked out of the kitchen. "I have to go home. I'll see you another day when I have permission." he told him, hugging him one last time before heading towards the door.

"Taecyeon, wait." Yoona called as Taecyeon stopped and looked at her. "Stay for dinner. I have something to tell you." she whispered looking at him. "It's about us."

 

“So how are you and Joon going?” JB asked awkwardly while the two were swinging on the swings.

“We’re friends. He’s very nice and caring,” Jiyeon said.

“So you two aren’t dating?” JB questioned.

“No, of course not. My aunt wants us to but I can’t,,” Jiyeon muttered.

“Why not?” JB raised an eyebrow, glancing at her.

“You can’t date someone you don’t like, right?” Jiyeon replied as JB nodded. “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“M-Me?” JB pointed to himself and shook his head. “Of course not. I have to take care of Noona and Yoonhyun first before I find my own happiness. Besides, the boys are enough for me.”

“You’re lucky to have that many friends. I always knew Jinyoung and you would end up still being friends,” Jiyeon said, noticing JB suddenly got quiet. “Is something wrong?”

“No. Not at all. Nothing.” JB shook his head.

“Does it hurt?” Jiyeon asked, looking at him.

“I’m use to it,” JB told her. “It happened before and it still happened now.”

“Jaebum, what exactly happened after I left?” Jiyeon asked.

“You don’t need to know,” JB replied.

“Okay.” Jiyeon nodded. “Why does the kingka hate you so much? Did you ever do anything to him?”

“How am I supposed to know?” JB said softly. “One day I left the group because of Noona, he found out about Noona and my family, since then I got bullied everyday.”

“Why didn’t you move?” Jiyeon asked.

“Moving would cause trouble for Yoona. She became my guardian. I had to protect her and if I move wouldn’t it show that I was weak?” JB told her as she nodded. “I had to stand up to them, I couldn’t let them talk bad about Noona or Yoonhyun. If I left they would think I was scared and rumors would just pass on and that bothered me. I also stayed because if I left, Jinyoung might not ever be able to find me if he came back.” JB added. “And I was waiting for you. I wanted you to find me when you came back too.” He thought to himself.

“Other than the fact that you got hurt, I’m glad you stayed,” Jiyeon smiled.

“I guess so too,” JB said, checking his watch as he slowly stood up. “Shouldn’t you start heading  home? You could get in trouble by your uncle.” Kicking her feet as she moved the swing back and forth, Jiyeon shook her head.

“Let’s stay, just a little longer,” Jiyeon suggested as she started to swing.

“Just a little longer,” JB smiled to himself before watching Jiyeon move back and forth. “It’s more than enough time for me.” he whispered softly.

 

“And then Uncle Jaebum said that he pushed me down the slide and I started to cry.” Yoonhyun said while the three were eating. “But he told me since I’m a big boy now I won’t cry if I go to Pororo Land again.”

“Uncle Jaebum is right,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Uncle Jaebum also told me he recorded me a lot and I cried a lot. When Eomma didn’t have enough sleep, Uncle Jaebum would help her by sleeping with me, that’s why I sleep with him now.” Yoonhyun said. “And Uncle Jaebum got me a Pororo blanket since I was a baby. Do you want to see it, Appa?” he asked, trying to get out of his seat.

“Yoonhyun, finish your food before it gets cold,” Yoona told him.

“You can tell Appa stories later, okay?” Taecyeon ruffled his hair.

“Yes, sir!” Yoonhyun saluted and started to eat.

“When you’re done, just bring them over, I’ll wash them.” Yoona told Taecyeon as she stood up.

“I can do it,” Taecyeon spoke up, reaching for the dishes.

“I’m done, Appa!” Yoonhyun smiled as Taecyeon chuckled, grabbing his things before taking all the things to the sink.

“Taecyeon, you can go play with Yoonhyun, I should be doing this,” Yoona said.

“I said I could do it, just let me,” Taecyeon replied as Yoona nodded, taking a step back from the sink to watch him.

“Appa, I’m going to go play with my toys,” Yoonhyun said as he ran off. Yoona watched Taecyeon quietly as he struggled with the dishes and made even a bigger mess.

“I just haven’t done it in a while,” Taecyeon said awkwardly.

“I think you mean you’ve never done it before,” Yoona said, moving him to the side as she started to take over. “Why don’t you just take that towel and dry them for me?”

“That doesn’t sound too hard,” Taecyeon muttered and watched as Yoona washed the dishes. Once it went silent, Taecyeon wiped the dishes carefully, not letting his eyes leave her once. “Do you always do the chores by yourself?” he spoke up when they were done.

“Most of the time. Jaebum is always working and Tiffany gets busy,” Yoona said, taking the dishes as she started putting them up in the cabinet. When Taecyeon saw her, reaching for a stool to put the dishes up, he quickly stopped her.

“I can do it. I’m tall enough,” Taecyeon smiled and started putting them up. “Yoonhyun is tall for his age. He talks a lot too.”

“It’s not like we’re short,” Yoona laughed softly. “Yoonhyun talked a lot because I always talked to him when I was by myself. Jaebum was quiet before but when Yoonhyun was born, he wouldn’t stop talking.”

“You’re happy with Yoonhyun, right?” Taecyeon asked.

“Of course. Every mother would be happy with her child.” Yoona said but stopped when she thought about her own mother. “I just want Yoonhyun to grow up to be someone good. I want him to have a better life. One that’s better than mine. My goal is for both Yoonhyun and Jaebum to be happy.”

“What exactly happened to Jaebum? He’s such a sweet and nice kid, why did he become friends with someone like me back then and suddenly left?” Taecyeon asked.

“Jaebum wasn’t always the luckiest kid. He was a cheerful and playful kid when he was young. Our mom left us at a young age and soon after our father passed away. He became cold but when he met Jinyoung, he slowly opened up slowly and then one day if I’m not wrong, he met Jiyoung. Since then he was happy, bright, funny, he was himself again. I don’t know what happened after that but he went bad. He started drinking, partying, getting in trouble, and he became your friend. He didn’t hang out with Jinyoung and his friends anymore, he just left them.” Yoona said softly. “Then our incident happened and he left your group.”

“That was the last time I talked to JB before all this.” Taecyeon told her.

“My aunt, the lady from last time. We lived with her ever since our dad passed away and she kicked us out when she found out I was pregnant with Yoonhyun.” Yoona explained. “When people found out about me, they teased Jaebum, hurt him. He would come home with bruises all over his face. Trash was in his backpack, he was depressed and I would hear him cry at night. I would always get scared that he would kill himself.” Yoona said, feeling her tears star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter