Chapter 37

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just leave it on my desk, I’ll work on it when I get back in a few days,” Taecyeon said on the phone while walking into the daycare.

"Hello, Sir. Are you here to sign up your child?" The teacher asked.

"I'm actually here to pick up my son." Taecyeon chuckled.

"I've never seen you here before. May I ask who your son is?" She asked.

"Ok Yoonhyun. I mean Im Yoonhyun." Taecyeon corrected.

"So you're the person he's been talking about." The teacher said before Yoonhyun came running towards Taecyeon.

"Appa!" Yoonhyun smiled.

"My Yoonhyun," Taecyeon chuckled, picking Yoonhyun up in his arms. "Ready to go home? I have a surprise for you." He smiled widely.

"Tell me! Tell me!" Yoonhyun urged.

"Later. Shh." Taecyeon said.

"Looks like your mother finally found a boyfriend." The lady said as she walked in.

"Excuse me?" Taecyeon replied.

"So she was the girl on the newspaper. I'm not surprised that she got a man like you. You're probably not even the kid's father." The lady said as her kid walked out.

"Please don't assume anything because you obviously don't know anything. I am his father and there's nothing wrong with a father being away from his child for a while. Since I'm here now, I have the right to do what a father can do. I heard that you messed with his mother before too and since I saw it myself today, I'll do something about it unlike her." Taecyeon said as he grabbed Yoonhyun's things and started heading out. "Please don't be surprised when you see a letter from the court tomorrow morning at your house." Taecyeon smirked, leaving the lady speechless before walking out.

"I'll tell the papers about this! Ok Taecyeon threatening me!" The lady said.

"Please do tell. Like I care anyways." Taecyeon muttered before reaching the car.

"You're so cool!" Yoonhyun cheered.

"If anyone dares mess with you, tell me. I'll deal with it." Taecyeon chuckled.

 

"And the answer is?" The teacher asked as the students raised their hands and her eyes landed on the sleeping JB.

"Jaebum. Wake up!" Jr kicked.

"You're going to get in trouble!" Kai muttered.

"Jaebum, please tell us," the teacher said as the whole class muttered.

"Jaebum." Jiyeon whispered, pushing her notebook towards him as JB rubbed his eyes and looked at the board.

"That's why you don't sleep," the teacher said.

"Trash." The kingka laughed.

"It's 5.3895," JB answered.

"See! That's Im Jaebum! What did I tell you!" Jr danced.

"You're embarrassing yourself!" Kai chuckled.

"The teacher too," Jiyeon giggled as JB glanced at her.

"Thanks but I think you got the wrong answer." JB pointed as Jiyeon blushed.

"Who said you got the right answer?" Jiyeon muttered. "You did it in your head so you could have got it wrong."

"Your answer is correct, Mr. Im." The teacher said.

"See." JB replied as the kingkas rolled their eyes.

"I'm impressed. I don't understand how you do it but you are the top in your class. I hope you use your academic talents wisely." The teacher said before teaching again.

"And your musical talents," Jr whispered.

"Stop." JB demanded.

"Come on, dude. Just let me see. Jinyoung here keeps talking about it. You're probably good. Come on." Kai urged.

"And guess who's coming back soon? Remember our dance crew back in the days? You know us plus the other five guys? Remember we went our separate ways but they recently met again! They’re coming back! We're having a reunion! You have to dance." Jr said as the bell rang.

"Jinyoung, I said I can't, okay?!" JB said angrily.

"Why? It's the thing you love the most! You're smart and talented take advantage of it!" Jr yelled.

"Just stop, Jinyoung. It's enough." Kai whispered.

"Let's just go home," JB told them.

"Is it because of me?" Jiyeon asked at the door as JB looked up at her. "Because of what happened back then, right?"

"Just forget it, it's the past." JB told her.

"But it affected now. Jaebum, just tell me the truth, please." Jiyeon said as JB stared at her silently.

"Noona said she had something to tell us when we get home," JB spoke up, glancing at the two boys. "And Taecyeon told me to tell you to come too. I'm leaving first." JB muttered at Jiyeon before walking out.

"It's always like that." Jr said softly.

 

"Where is Eomma?" Yoonhyun pouted while him and Taecyeon waited outside the grocery store.

"She's coming soon. Don't worry." Taecyeon chuckled.

"But she's taking so long," Yoonhyun said, crossing his arms.

"If you frown, you won't know the surprise~" Taecyeon teased as Yoonhyun smiled widely. "And since you smiled, your mom is finally finish." He said, walking up to Yoona as he helped her with the groceries.

"How was daycare today?" Yoona asked, kissing Yoonhyun on the forehead.

"There was a bad lady that was-,” Yoonhyun started until Taecyeon covered his mouth.

“What are you hiding?” Yoona questioned.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, I handled it already,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Should I know about it?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

“It was nothing, I already said don’t worry about it.” Taecyeon told her.

“You know it’s better for me to know than when I find out, right?” Yoona crossed her arms.

“The lady from last time was talking bad about you and Appa fought back!” Yoonhyun said quickly.

“Yoonhyun!” Taecyeon frowned.

“Good job. Eomma is glad that you told the truth unlike your dad,” Yoona said, ruffling Yoonhyun’s hair. “And don’t worry. I got use to things like that.” She shrugged slightly and started walking.

“Use to it?” Taecyeon muttered.

“Shouldn’t we head home?” Yoona smiled as Taecyeon nodded, putting Yoonhyun’s shoulder.

“Let’s go!” Yoonhyun cheered.

 

“You’re home, come eat some hamburgers!” Tiffany smiled as JB walked through the door.

“Specially made by SiFany,” Siwon added as JB slammed the door.

“Hey, what is going on?” Tiffany asked as Yoona walked out from the kitchen.

“Im Jaebum!” Yoona called as JB ignored her and walked up stairs before Taecyeon grabbed his room when he passed Yoonhyun’s arm.

“Answer her,” Taecyeon demanded as Yoonhyun ran out and hugged JB’s leg.

“Go down and eat, Uncle Jaebum can’t play today,” JB whispered, ruffling Yoonhyun’s hair before pulling his arm away from Taecyeon and walking into his room, slamming the door before the front door opened again.

“What did I do wrong, Jaebum?!” Jr screamed not realizing everyone was home as he ran up the stairs.

“What is going on?” Yoona asked.

“The past again,” Kai sighed, sitting down on the couch. “I don’t know what to do.”

“It’s my fault, I’m sorry,” Jiyeon looked down as Taecyeon put his arm around her shoulders.

“How is it your fault?” Taecyeon asked.

“Every time someone brings back the past, he hates it. I.. I thought we were fine,” Jiyeon whispered.

“He is fine with you. It’s just.. It’s still a scar. Jaebum’s always been fragile,” Yoona said softly, looking down. “A lot of things happened to him. He doesn’t trust people that easily.” She said, swallowing as Yoona kept her tears in and walked upstairs.

“Why did I even come back?” Jiyeon asked.

“Because there’s still a chance,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Now come on, let’s not make this a sad dinner!” Tiffany cheered, bringing up the mood.

“Come on, Kai, get your over here,” Siwon motioned.

“Am I a bad friend for not knowing much about Jaebum?” Kai asked.

“Of course not, you and Jr are more than he can ever ask for. I know JB, don’t worry,” Siwon told him.

 

“Jaebum, I’m sorry , okay?” Jr said, sitting on JB’s bed while JB laid under the covers.

“I’m not mad at you,” JB replied.

“Yes you are! Stop lying to me!” Jr yelled, pushing JB.

“I said I’m not, Jinyoung!” JB shouted.

“You’re lying! You’re mad! Why can’t you just tell me you’re mad at me?! It’s not like I will leave again!” Jr argued.

“That’s what I’m afraid of!” JB sat up, looking at Jr. “Don’t you understand? I’m afraid if I explode you will leave! And if you leave Kai might leave because I’m a jerk! Don’t you understand, Jinyoung?!”

“Jaebum, I’m not going anywhere again! I’m your friend, best friend, your brother. I’m your family, why would I leave you?” Jr asked.

“Because family also leave you,” JB whispered.

“Jaebum, you can’t live life being afraid that people will leave you. People come and go and you need to know that the people in this house won’t leave you.” Jr replied.

“Something tells me I have to be careful,” JB looked down.

“Come on. Cheer up. What happened to the Jaebum I knew before? The one that no one listened to,” Jr joked as JB punched him. “I’m kidding. The confident, strong, over protective, loving, caring, and the bestest friend, brother, anyone could ever have?”

“He’s-,” JB started.

“Don’t you dare say gone, because I know that he’s deep down in there, waiting to shine again. Waiting to be strong again and open up. Waiting to let the world see his talents. He’s waiting to sing his heart and dance with all his might.” Jr smiled. “When that Jaebum comes, I’ll know for sure that you were the same guy from before.” Jr said before walking out the room. “Don’t be late for dinner, you know Tiffany hates it.” He chuckled before running downstairs.

“That Jaebum,” JB whispered softly.

“Will he come back for his one and only Noona?” Yoona spoke up at the door.

“Noona,” JB looked at her as she walked to him, ruffling his hair.

“Will he come back for his family?” Yoona asked, holding his hand softly.

“It’s going to be hard,” JB whispered.

“I know it will but always remember you have us, okay? Jiyeon is hurt as much as you. Please start over.” Yoona told him, looking at him. “Smile, be happy. Remember how you always bragged that girls like you because of your smile and your good grades and your amazing music skills?”

“But music, it’s hard to enjoy it again,” JB said.

“You won’t know unless you try,” Yoona said. “You know I support you 100 percent.” She laughed softly.

“Noona, my life is too perfect now for me to believe it’s real,” JB told her, hugging her tightly.

“You deserve this more than anyone else,” Yoona replied, patting his back. “Come on, let’s go to dinner, okay?” She smiled as JB nodded and the two siblings started walking out the room.

“Did you know today the teacher tried to get me when I was sleeping but I answered it correctly. I did everything in my head. I’m also rank one again even though I fell asleep during the weekly exam,” JB chuckled.

“That’s my smart brother,” Yoona ruffled his hand. “But stop sleeping! If I find out you’re still sleeping, I’ll get you!” Yoona joked as JB ran down the stairs.

 

“I like cheeseburger! It’s yummy,” Yoonhyun smiled, eating his cheeseburger happily.

“Pretty good, Tiffany,” Taecyeon said in English.

“Thanks, I didn’t try at all,” Tiffany laughed.

“She was yelling at me the whole time, she’s crazy!” Siwon chuckled as Tiffany punched him in the arm.

“It’s not that good,” JB joked.

“Yeah, mine is totally better even though I don’t even know how to make them!” Jr exclaimed, eating his.

“Chicken is the best. I love chicken,” Kai smiled widely.

“Jongin is going to have a chicken theme wedding, I can feel it,” JB laughed.

“Learn how to appreciate what people cook you!” Tiffany pouted.

“It’s good, the three J’s are just being dorks,” Yoona giggled, turn to Jiyeon. “How is it?”

“I like it, it’s good,” Jiyeon smiled, looking down as she ate.

“Didn’t you say you had some news?” Yoona asked, looking at Taecyeon.

“Oh yeah! Appa said he had a surprise for us!” Yoonhyun cheered as some of his french fries spilled on JB. “Sorry, Uncle Jaebum.” Yoonhyun smiled.

“Why does my nephew have to be so cute?” JB asked, ruffling Yoonhyun’s hair and kissing him on the forehead.

“He got it from me,” Taecyeon said.

“You, cute? Oh, please,” Siwon rolled his eyes.

“You’re far from cute,” Jiyeon added.

“You’re… You,” the three J’s said as they laughed together.

“Anyways!” Taecyeon shouted, ignoring them laughing at him. “I decided that we should go on a camping trip.”

“Camping trip?” Everyone asked.

“Tomorrow evening!” Taecyeon clapped by himself.

“Did you have to tell us that soon?” Yoona asked.

“I wanted to have fun,” Taecyeon said.

“Even Yoonhyun plans better than him,” Jr whispered as Taecyeon glared at the three J’s.

“Tomorrow, here! In the evening and then we’re off!” Taecyeon told them. “It will be fun and everyone has to go. We’re spending the night there.”

 

~Next Evening

“I swear, Ok Taecyeon is the weirdest guy on earth,” Kai said, putting things in his backpack.

“I know, he’s the CEO of a big company but he doesn’t know how to plan a camping trip,” Jr chuckled, grabbing JB’s shirt and putting it in his backpack.

“Dude, that’s mine,” JB complained, pulling on it.

“We share anyways! It doesn’t matter!” Jr replied, stuffing the shirt in his backpack.

“I’m going to take that,” Kai said, grabbing a pair of JB’s socks.

“You don’t even wear socks…” JB muttered.

“Decoration, duh,” Kai replied.

“Why are you guys my friends?” JB laughed, before going to Yoonhyun’s room. “Noona! Where is Yoonhyun?” he asked.

“He went with Taecyeon. Do you mind packing his things?” Yoona asked from her room.

“Yeah, sure!” JB nodded, running into the room.

 

“Appa, I want to help!” Yoonhyun said while jumping on Taecyeon’s bed.

“Okay, what does Yoonhyun want to help Appa with?” Taecyeon asked, helping Yoonhyun get off the bed.

“Anything,” Yoonhyun smiled widely.

“Why don’t you go get Appa’s toothbrush, okay?” Taecyeon chuckled as Yoonhyun ran off.

“Appa, I need to go get something in Jiyeon Noona’s room,” Yoonhyun said, giving Taecyeon the toothbrush.

“What is it?” Taecyeon asked. “Are you allowed to?”

“It’s very important!” Yoonhyun replied, running towards Jiyeon’s room.

“Appa will be downstairs, come down when you’re done,” Taecyeon smiled before walking downstairs to wait for Yoonhyun. “Stay in the house, I need to go find something in the basement.” He said before walking.

“Where did it go?” Yoonhyun asked before opening Jiyeon’s desk. “There it is.” He giggled, before running down the stairs. “Appa! Appa! I’m done!” Yoonhyun sang before the front door opened and Mr. Ok walked in. “Grandpa.” Yoonhyun bowed.

“Grandpa? No one here is your grandpa,” Mr. Ok replied.

“But in school we learned that our parents’ dad is ‘Grandpa’,” Yoonhyun explained.

“Well I don’t accept someone like you as my grandson,” Mr. Ok said to the little boy.

“Why not? Everyone else has a grandpa,” Yoonhyun whispered looking down.

“That’s because their grandpa accepts them and loves them. I don’t-,” Mr. Ok started.

“Enough,” Taecyeon spoke up, putting down the supplies before picking up Yoonhyun. “Why are you treating him this way?”

“I’m just telling him the truth,” Mr. Ok replied.

“Does it hurt you to be nice to him?” Taecyeon asked.

“It hurts my reputation,” Mr. Ok said as he started walking towards his room. “Don’t ever let me see that boy again.”

“Well then after this trip, you probably won’t even see me again,” Taecyeon muttered before grabbing the things. “Come on, Yoonhyun. Eomma is waiting.” He said before walking out the house and slamming the door.

 

“Put it all in the back,” Tiffany pointed.

“Do it yourself,” Jr stuck his tongue out.

“She’s so bossy,” Kai muttered.

“You two better watch it! I’m going to kill you in your sleep!” Tiffany threatened.

“Manager Hwang, you need to calm down,” Siwon chuckled, putting the things in the back.

“You’re supposed to be on my side,” Tiffany pouted.

“I am. I’m just stating the facts,” Siwon smiled widely.

“He’s totally on our side,” Kai whispered.

“Totally,” Jr nodded before the two ran away.

“Yoonhyun, bring this to the car for Eomma,” Yoona said, giving him his backpack.

“Appa will go with you,” Taecyeon smiled, carrying Yoonhyun out.

“What else do we need?” Yoona muttered, looking around.

“Ahem.” JB coughed, standing near the car and next to Taecyeon.

“Is something wrong?” Taecyeon asked as he put Yoonhyun down.

“Where is she?” JB questioned.

“Your sister? She’s inside the house,” Taecyeon pointed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter