Chapter 28

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And then the girls were like 'Of course we want your numbers, Oppa!'" Jr said.

"But you know, we're not that easy," Kai smiled.

"Then you have to help us!" Daehyun said.

"Come on, we're all friends, help us get some girls," Baekhyun nodded.

"They're lying," JB told the group of guys while pulling out his phone.

"Really, dude?! Really?!" the two shouted as JB showed the boys the video.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" the group of guys laughed at Jr and Kai.

"YAH!!!" the two screamed embarassingly as they started beating up JB.

"This is what best friends are for," JB joked as costumers came in. "Now get to work!" he demanded. It was lunch time and JB kept staring at the door, he didn't know why though.

"Expecting someone?" Jr asked.

"We know who," Kai smiled.

"Aniyo," JB shook his head and wiped the tables. "No one," he shrugged and walked outside for a bit. He walked to the cupcake store next door and glanced in as he saw a familiar face. "This job does suit her." he smiled watching Jiyeon greeting costumers in a cute apron. JB nodded in satisfaction as he made his way back into the restaurant.

 

"That meeting is finally over," Taecyeon groaned while walking out.

"Coffee?" Yoona asked and handed it to him.

"Why, thanks," Taecyeon chuckled and the two started walking. 

"How did the meeting go?" Yoona asked him.

"It was good, everyone liked our idea," Taecyeon said.

"That's good," Yoona smiled.

"Are you busy? Let's go eat lunch somewhere," Taecyeon told her.

"Today I promised to bring Yoonhyun lunch," Yoona replied.

"Do you mind if I come with you?" Taecyeon asked.

"Why would you want to come?" Yoona asked.

"Well, I kind of miss Yoonhyun, he's a nice kid," Taecyeon explained.

"Then okay," Yoona nodded and looked at her watch. "We should hurry, you still have a lot of work."

"Alright then, let's go," Taecyeon smiled and opened the door of their office.

"Thank you," Yoona replied as she walked in.

 

"Kamsahabnida!" Jiyeon smiled as the costumer left. She heard the bells on the door ring as she bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, welcome-,"

"It's me," JB replied while looking at her. Jiyeon stood up and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" Jiyeon asked.

"Can't I buy a cupcake?" JB asked and walked to the shelves.

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo!" the owner smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo." JB bowed. "How are you?"

"I'm great and what about you?" The owner asked.

"I'm alright," JB replied and looked at the cake. "They look delicious."

"Thank you so much." She smiled. "Take one, please. I'll let you have one."

"Aniyo," JB told her. "That's not right."

"I want you to," the lady said.

"I'm fine," JB smiled. "I have to get back to work. Next time I'll bring my family. I'll get going. Bye." JB bowed as he walked out and went next door.

"What a nice and kind hearted young man." The owner smiled. "Do you know him?"

"Ne. He's in my class." Jiyeon replied.

"That's it? I'm pretty sure he's more than that," she told her.

"What do you mean, Mrs. Yoo?" Jiyeon asked.

"He came running in here and asking for a job for you," Mrs. Yoo replied.

"Really?" Jiyeon looked at her. "He told me that he got it for fun."

"Kids these days," Mrs. Yoo smiled and went to the back.

"Then I need to thank him properly," Jiyeon said and started working.

 

"Taecyeon-shi, the files." Yoona said and walked in.

"Place them right there, please." Taecyeon pointed.

"Ne," Yoona nodded as she placed them down on his desk and saw a new picture.

"Oh, that's the picture we took from the competition, pretty right?" Taecyeon asked. He picked it up and gave it to her.

"It looks nice," Yoona said running her hands over it.

"Do you want a copy? We can make one after work at the photo store." Taecyeon told her.

"Ne, that would be great!" Yoona smiled.

"You're in a good mood today," Taecyeon chuckled.

"Yoonhyun's been happy. Everyone is." Yoona replied.

"Do you want to go get dinner tonight?" Taecyeon asked.

"Ne?" Yoona looked at him. "Sorry, tonight I'm going furniture shopping."

"Furniture shopping?" Taecyeon replied.

"Yoonhyun. I've been wanting to buy him the Pororo bed," Yoona said.

"Do you mind if I come? You do need someone to help, right?" Taecyeon asked.

"You can if you want," Yoona replied as Taecyeon smiled.

"I guess I will then," Taecyeon looked around. "Oh, I forgot." Taecyeon grabbed and envelope off his desk. "This is for you."

"I already got my paycheck for last month," Yoona told him as he chuckled.

"It's an invitation," Taecyeon told her.

"Invitation? For what?" Yoona asked while opening it.

“It’s a business party.” Taecyeon started. “This company that we work with is opening up a new location in Jeju and we got invited.” Taecyeon said. “I didn’t know who to invite so I decided to invite you.”

“Me?” Yoona pointed at herself.

“If you don’t want to go, it’s totally fine, I’ll just go myself,” Taecyeon said quickly.

“Aniyo,” Yoona shook her head. “You went to the family competition for Yoonhyun so I should go to this with you.” Yoona told him.

“R-Really?” Taecyeon asked as Yoona nodded.

“It’s this Friday?” Yoona looked at him.

“Yeah. Sorry for the short notice,” Taecyeon told her.

“Aniyo, it’s fine,” Yoona smiled. “I guess I need to ask Tiffany to go buy a dress with me.” Yoona said.

“Speaking about Tiffany, she’s going with Siwon of course,” Taecyeon chuckled.

“Oh, really?” Yoona asked and Taecyeon nodded.

“Do you want me to go buy a dress with you?” Taecyeon laughed shyly. “Maybe after the furniture store?”

“Are you sure you want to go?” Yoona replied.

“It’s not like it’s anything bad,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Okay then,” Yoona nodded and looked around. “Omo, I should get back to work.” Yoona bowed and ran out.

“Right,” Taecyeon nodded and smiled as he sat down on his chair. “Yes!” he cheered to himself.

 

“I guess I’m picking Yoonhyun up today,” JB smiled and set the table.

“Why?” Jr asked.

“Noona is going with Taecyeon to buy stuff,” JB replied.

“Does this mean you’re okay with Taecyeon now?” Jr helped him.

“He’s not bad,” JB shrugged. “And if Noona is happy and Yoonhyun then I’m fine with it.”

“You really are the JB I know,” Jr ruffled his hair.

“Dude, I’m not a kid,” JB elbowed him.

“Would you let Taecyeon know Yoonhyun is his son?” Jr asked.

“No,” JB replied. “Not now. Until I trust him enough.” JB said.

“If you say so then,” Jr shrugged. “What are you doing this Friday?”

“Picking up Yoonhyun, Noona said she has a business party. I’m alone,” JB pretended to cry.

“Do you want to go on a date with me JB?” Jr joked.

“A date?! Let me join!” Kai ran in.

“If strangers hear, they are going to misunderstand,” JB chuckled.

"Let them misunderstand!" Kai said. 

"Because I love you, Im Jaebum." Jr told him and tried to kiss him on the cheek.

"Now that is way too far!" JB chuckled and pushed Jr's face.

"Oppa!" Jr whined. "Saranghae!" Jr said acting like a girl.

"Ahhhhh!" Kai squealed.

"Go to work! Seriously! What is wrong with you guys?" JB laughed as the owner walked in.

"And this is why JB might be the future manager," the owner chuckled as the workers bowed.

"We'll get to work!" Everyone said as they ran around.

"You better!" The owner chuckled.

 

"I'm here!" Siwon walked into Tiffany's empty office. "I'm late again!" He shouted and turned around.

"But I'm here!" Tiffany's voice replied as Siwon turned around.

"I am going crazy," Siwon scratched his head when he didn't see anyone.

"Yes, you are crazy," Tiffany's voice replied.

"Who am I talking to?" Siwon asked worriedly.

"You, Choi Siwon, is talking to Shishus," Tiffany replied.

"I'm leaving!" Siwon said as he reached for the door.

"Wait! Ow!" He heard as he turned around and saw Tiffany crawling out from under her desk.

"What were you doing under there?" Siwon ran to her and helped her up.

"I was hiding from you." Tiffany replied as she stood up. "My head."

"Silly," Siwon pushed her forehead as she pouted. "Now tell me why you would be hiding from me?"

"Because I don't like you," Tiffany joked as Siwon glared at her. "I'm kidding! I dropped something and you came so yeah!" Tiffany smiled and drank her water.

"Give me some," Siwon demanded as he drank out of it. "We just had an indirect kiss." Siwon smiled as Tiffany punched him.

"And I just punched you," Tiffany stuck her tongue out.

"Mushroom head," Siwon ruffled her hair and sat down. 

"Don't you still have a lot of work?" Tiffany asked while making him a cup of coffee.

"I finished it all because I get my work done instead of watching dramas with hot guys in them." Siwon replied. "Thank you." He said as he took the cup from her.

"You finally admit that they're hot!" Tiffany giggled and sat down next to him. "I'm almost finish too! I'm a fast worker." Tiffany smiled.

"Then you will be able to go to this right?" Siwon handed her the invitation.

"With you? Never!" Tiffany said.

"You're my fiancé! You have to go with me! And you're going to represent your company!" Siwon screamed.

"I'm kidding!" Tiffany pinched his cheeks. "Of course I'm going."

"You gave me a mini heart attack," Siwon told her.

"I can finally wear the dress I bought," Tiffany smiled happily.

"When did you buy it?" Siwon asked.

"Yesterday," Tiffany replied.

"So you knew I was going," Siwon smiled.

"It's kind of obvious, Siwon. You even knew I knew I was going," Tiffany said.

"Right." Siwon nodded. "Did you know that Yoona is going?"

"Yeah, she told me," Tiffany nodded.

"You're okay with it?" Siwon asked.

"JB is. I am... Sort of." Tiffany said. "I don't know, I'm just scared."

"Don't be. Taecyeon changed and you can tell. Everyone can." Siwon told her. "Come on, let's get ready to go home and eat dinner, okay?" Siwon smiled as he got up.

"Let's just hope he isn't acting," Tiffany muttered as she followed him out.

 

"Uncle Jaebum!!" A voice screamed as he ran into the restaurant.

"Oh! Yoonhyun-ah, who took you here?" JB asked.

"His awesome uncles!" Jr said.

"Yeah! That's right, thank us," Kai screamed.

"Thank guys." JB smiled as he put Yoonhyun in the chair. "Do you have homework?"

"Ne," Yoonhyun nodded.

"We will do it before Eomma comes home, okay?" JB smiled and took care of stuff. 

"Where is Eomma going?" Yoonhyun asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," JB chuckled.

"We're leaving!" EXO and B.A.P said as they left.

"I have to go home and study for the test, are you okay with closing up by yourself?" Jr asked as JB nodded.

"I got it," JB told him.

"I have a family dinner and then studying, I'll go first too." Kai said.

"Alright. Be careful. I'll see you tomorrow," JB said.

"You too! Bye, Yoonhyun!" Jr waved.

"See you later, guys," Kai said as he left.

"It's only the two of us going home today." JB told Yoonhyun as he walked out the restaurant.

"I want to eat cupcakes," Yoonhyun pointed when they walked by.

"It's closed already, ottoke?" JB asked. "Maybe another time, okay?"

"Okay," Yoonhyun pouted as they started walking and the door opened. The two turned around and saw Jiyeon walking out while looking at her feet.

"That was a good day," Jiyeon said to herself but stopped as she looked up. "Jaebum, Yoonhyun." Jiyeon smiled.

"Noona!" Yoonhyun smiled as he jumped down from JB and ran to Jiyeon and hugged her.

"Hello," Jiyeon bent down and hugged him.

"Noona, you work in there?" Yoonhyun asked as Jiyeon nodded. "You must eat a lot of cupcakes!" Yoonhyun smiled.

"Speaking about cupcakes, I have a gift," Jiyeon said as she held the bag in front of Yoonhyun.

"What is it?" Yoonhyun asked.

"Cupcakes," Jiyeon replied.

"For us? Really?" Yoonhyun jumped in excitement.

"Im Yoonhyun," JB said as Yoonhyun stopped. He looked down at his feet.

"I'm not allowed to accept it," Yoonhyun told Jiyeon.

"But it's for you," Jiyeon told him. Yoonhyun sniffed while Jiyeon ruffled Yoonhyun's hair.

"It's not that," JB chuckled and bent down near Yoonhyun. "You can have it, but what do you say?"

"Oh!" Yoonhyun smiled again. "Kamsahabnida, Noona!" Yoonhyun bowed.

"You are very welcome!" Jiyeon looked around for a table. "Where should we eat?" Jiyeon asked.

"Come here," JB said as he held the bag for Jiyeon and unlocked the restaurant doors. "Come in." He said as he opened the door for the two and they walked in, going to the back. The three sat down, with Yoonhyun and JB on one side while Jiyeon was on the other.

"There's a lot," Jiyeon took the box out. 

"Pororo!" Yoonhyun pointed excitedly.

"That one is for me," JB said taking it.

"Uncle Jaebum," Yoonhyun pouted.

"I'm kidding," JB laughed and placed it down in front of Yoonhyun.

"Noona, can I bring one home for Eomma?" Yoonhyun asked as he started eating it and it was all over his mouth.

"Of course," Jiyeon laughed and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Would you like one, Jaebum?" Jiyeon asked.

"I don't like cake," JB said.

"Liar. Uncle Jaebum is a liar." Yoonhyun sang. 

"Yoonhyun..." JB glared at him.

"He always gets the biggest slice of cake." Yoonhyun smiled.

"It's a thank you gift. There's also chocolate, your favorite." Jiyeon told him.

"Why not? Thanks." JB said as he grabbed one. "You should eat one with us."

"I will," Jiyeon smiled as she took one.

"You can't stop loving cake," Yoonhyun laughed at JB.

"You can't stop being a messy eater. You're too talkative too, Im Yoonhyun!" JB wiped his mouth. "Maybe letting you hang out with the guys made you talk to much."

"Aniyo." Yoonhyun pouted.

"Talking is good though, right Yoonhyun?" Jiyeon smiled.

"Very good." Yoonhyun smiled. "Eomma told me to talk a lot because people like you." Yoonhyun said. 

"Depends on who you are though." JB stick his tongue out. 

"I'm finish!" Yoonhyun clapped.

"Go wash your hands in the back," JB laughed.

"I'll come with you," Jiyeon smiled as she followed Yoonhyun to the back.

"This kid," JB laughed and started cleaning up. After he finished, he headed to the back and stood at the door as he watched the two.

"Look, bubbles," Jiyeon said as she blew bubbles from her hands.

"Why can't I do it?" Yoonhyun asked.

"You do it like this," Jiyeon helped him.

"I did it! I'm good!" Yoonhyun smiled as Jiyeon nodded.

"Come on, let's wash your hands. Uncle Jaebum is waiting." Jiyeon said as she washed Yoonhyun's hand and face.

"I like you, you're nice." Yoonhyun smiled.

"Thank you. A lot of people don't like me." Jiyeon giggled.

"Waeyo?" Yoonhyun asked.

"It's nothing," Jiyeon told him as JB walked in.

"You used all the soap, didn't you?" JB pointed at Yoonhyun.

"We made bubbles!" Yoonhyun told him.

"That's awesome!" JB chuckled. "Ready to go home?" JB asked while taking Yoonhyun to the front again.

"Ne!" Yoonhyun nodded and got his things as JB turned off the lights. "Noona, are you going on the same bus as us?" Yoonhyun asked.

"I am," Jiyeon nodded. 

"Awesome! We can sit together!" Yoonhyun smiled as JB locked the door and he held his hand.

"Let's go to the bus stop," JB smiled.

"Wait." Yoonhyun said as he held Jiyeon's hand. "I like holding two hands." He smiled.

"Okay then." Jiyeon held his hand.

"Yeah... Okay." JB nodded as they made their way towards the bus stop.

"Omo, what a cute couple," an ajumma said.

"Ne?" The two replied. "Aniyo!"

"Is this your child?" The ajumma asked. "You two look so young and healthy!"

"Ajumma, we're not-," the two started as she smiled and walked off.

"What is a couple?" Yoonhyun asked.

"Nothing, Yoonhyun, nothing," JB answered awkwardly.

"Let's just get on the bus, okay?" Jiyeon smiled awkwardly as they got on.

 

"Ready to go?" Taecyeon asked as he walked out of his office.

"Ne," Yoona nodded as she got up and took her bag.

"So do you know anywhere to buy furniture?" Taecyeon asked while opening the door for her and walking to the elevator, clicking the button as well.

"Not really. When we moved into the apartment that got burned, the furniture was from Tiffany. Now we live at Tiffany's house and there's already furniture there. I depend on Tiffany a lot and I feel likes it's a burden to her." Yoona told him when they were in the elevator.

"You two are best friends. I would do that for Siwon but that guy is rich." Taecyeon laughed as Yoona smiled. The two walked out as employees bowed to Taecyeon. "Over there." Taecyeon pointed to his car as he opened the door for Yoona.

"Kamsahabnida," Yoona said as Taecyeon nodded and closed the door and went to the other side.

"Let's see. I know a place," Taecyeon told her while starting the engine and driving towards the store.

 

"Here it is." Taecyeon said while parking the car and opening the door for Yoona.

"Wow, it's such a nice place." Yoona replied while the two walked in.

"It is, isn't it? They're business friends with my dad," Taecyeon rolled his eyes at the thought of his dad.

"I see." Yoona nodded looking around.

"Just look around, we don't have to go to the children's section right away." Taecyeon told her as she smiled.

“Ne,” Yoona nodded and felt the dining tables. Taecyeon smiled watching Yoona look at everything in awe.

“Annyeonghaseyo, how may I help you today?” an employee bowed.

“We’re just looking around right now,” Taecyeon told her.

“Are you two buying furniture for your newlywed home?” the employee asked.

“Ne?” Yoona replied and kept shopping.

“Well,” Taecyeon chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck. “We’re looking for the children’s section.”

“This way, Sir,” the employee pointed as the two followed. “Here it is. Please call me over if you need help.” She bowed as she left.

“That was… awkward,” Taecyeon laughed.

“Aniyo, it happens all the time,” Yoona replied and looked around as she saw a Pororo design room. “Yoonhyun would love this place.” Yoona smiled and walked towards it.

“Then maybe we should make his room like that,” Taecyeon told her.

“Aniyo. A bed is enough for him.” Yoona replied while looking at the bed.

“Is money the problem?” Taecyeon asked.

“Of course not,” Yoona shook her head. “I would buy anything for Yoonhyun just to make him happy.”

“Yoona, you’re a wonderful mom,” Taecyeon smiled as Yoona looked at him.

“Thank you,” Yoona said looking at the price of the bed.

“Do you ever think of getting married?” Taecyeon asked while looking at the Pororo furniture.

“N-Ne?” Yoona looked back at him.

“Don’t you think Yoonhyun needs a dad?” Taecyeon replied. “If you’re not going to accept his real dad, shouldn’t you date someone and let him become Yoonhyun’s dad?”

“Aniyo,” Yoona told him while looking at him. “We’ve been living this way for three years. I’m use to it and I’m sure it’s fine.”

“It’s hard living without one parent,” Taecyeon said.

“I know. I lived with my dad and my brother for most of my life,” Yoona replied.

“He’s three, he deserves a dad, someone that cares for him and is willing to be with him.” Taecyeon muttered.

“Either way, I haven’t found the right dad for Yoonhyun.” Yoona said.

“You haven’t?” Taecyeon asked sadly and Yoona noticed.

“Yes. I haven’t.” Yoona replied.

“Then who is the perfect dad for Yoonhyun?” Taecyeon said.

“We’re buying a bed not talking about this,” Yoona told him.

“Would you marry a suitable dad or would you marry the guy you love?” Taecyeon asked as Yoona sighed.

“It depends,” Yoona told him. “Both.”

“Both?” Taecyeon looked at her confusingly.

“The man I love would be a suitable dad,” Yoona replied.

“And you really haven’t found that guy? What if he’s right in front of you?” Taecyeon asked.

“Then wouldn’t I already be in love with him?” Yoona said.

“I guess,” Taecyeon sighed. “Are you in love with Yoonhyun’s dad? Is that the reason why you’re not moving on?”

Yoona sighed and looked at him. “I liked him, I never loved him.” Yoona said. “To me he’s only Yoonhyun’s dad, nothing more.” Yoona said and looked down. “Even if I loved him a while back when he didn’t know who I was, that will never happen again.” Yoona told him.

“Sorry for asking,” Taecyeon told her.

“It’s fine,” Yoona stood up.

“Let’s kee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter