Escape

Written in the Wind of Whimsy

Prompt 2: Escape
Kim Jaejoong
322 words

 

The silence of the night was welcomed, only as the small waves rolled towards the shore could be heard, and the slight winter breeze was blowing cold air towards him, ruffling a few strands of his hair that was not covered by his gray beanie hat with a skull on one side.

He was sitting on the sand in the dark, with tears falling unchecked  from his downcast blurred eyes, though as if he was looking at the sand but not seeing anything. His white rubber shoes almost dug-in,  knees bent, hunched over, chin on his knees, arms hugging his gray denim jeans clad thighs beneath him fighting the cold seeping through his black winter jacket,  though glorying in its chilling bite wanting more coldness to fill him, and wanting the coldness to seep through to his very core. 

Maybe, when he’s very cold, he would no longer feel the pain, and that the coldness would give him the escape he’d been looking for. 

Maybe, he should take that boat ride, a boat ride he alone can take. 

Maybe, he will find peace. Then again, chaos would probably ensue, and cause a lot of people grief and pain. That alone was stopping him to take a ride on that boat. 

He can’t leave, not just yet. He can’t possibly abandon his friends, and the people who love him. What would it do to his family, and what would Junsu, Yoochun, Yunho, Changmin, TOP, and Hyunjoong think, and all of the fans. He thought he was strong, but he found out he was weak. He had to be strong, he just had to be strong, for their sake and not his own.

He would just have to pretend that everything in his life was perfectly flawless. And that nothing was wrong, everything was fine and dandy. 

The wind was blowing a little stronger, but to him the coldness was not cold enough.