Deter

Written in the Wind of Whimsy

Prompt 20: Deter min. 100 words

 

First story:

 

Sitting unobtrusively drinking a fresh squeezed orange juice, she listens in on the conversations. She observes their facial expressions and body languages. They all look so happy. Sometimes a laughter would ring around them. It’s so obvious that Jaejoong can’t conceal the joy written on his face. She doesn’t have the heart to deter him from going.  They’re working on their new album and plan to have a concert in Japan.  She bites her lower lip to stop herself from speaking, and tries to breathe slowly. She closes her eyes to stop her tears from falling.

 

Second story:

 

The light is out in her bedroom, and only the light of her tablet illuminating her face. She’s reclining on her pillows, her legs straight, and  she’s holding the tablet propped up on her thighs. She’s doing her favorite pastime watching Jaejoong sing on YouTube on full screen with her headset on. She has lost count on how many times she saw him sing. She has never seen him perform live, not because she doesn’t want to, but she never had the chance. If that chance came, she will not be deterred by anything from going.

 

Third story:

 

She finds comfort with his singing and acting. Many times he comforted her, especially when her world was shaken so badly, Jaejoong was the only one that stopped the world from turning completely upside down. She only wishes to be able to take his hand, be able to hug him and sing to him to comfort him, but he doesn’t even know that she exists. She is a faceless and nameless entity that’s from a different world from him. She is glad that people or circumstances did not deter him from fulfilling his dream of becoming an artist.

 

 

 

Writer's Note: Each story has 100 words each.