Banana(s)

Written in the Wind of Whimsy

Prompt 22: Banana(s) 764 words

 

As she watches Gummy sing in Immortal Songs 2, she remembers that she was the girl that Jaejoong had a duet with in one of his songs. She was not familiar who she was before that and had to do a research to familiarize herself about her. She enjoys watching this show and found some gems among the talented competitors, and became a fan. As past shows flash in her mind, she remembers how some used this show to showcase their talents and some even made a great comeback through this show. 

 

With a deep sigh, she wishes that Jaejoong will be able to sing in this show, reveal how gifted an artist he really is, and that he is at par if not even more talented than some of those other artists. Being an avid music lover, she could tell that many knew about the techniques, but compared to them, she could also tell that he does not just got the talent in singing, but that he got a gift in giving life and emotion to a song. After listening to him sing countless times, she believes that his voice is just ridiculously sick.

 

It drives her bananas how he can't be in this kind of show. She knows that he does not need to do it, the way he fills up arenas all over the world, but it will be pleasantly interesting for the fans to see him show off his talent among talented colleagues. He is more than worthy to be in this show, actually he will be doing them a favor, if they ask her opinion. And to her, the added fact about the millions of fans that will want to watch him sing in this show. 

 

With an irk expression, she still ponders on why is it so hard for these trio to be on a music television show, even after all these years. On how they can not even do a comeback individually or as a group and promote any of their songs. The good thing that came out from all this mess that she can be thankful for though is that they are so talented that they have ventured out on being actors, and  they all became award winning actors to boot. She gives kudos to them. 

 

A delightful smile now playing on her lips as she remembers her mom, she did not know who Yoochun is as a singer, but she became his fan being an actor. She even showed her a video of him singing, and even then her mom can not believe that he is a singer. And she also remembers a friend's three years old niece, who knows JYJ as Kim Chon Choo, Kim Yae Yoong and Pak Choo Chun, and she first became a fan of Yoochun and Jaejoong because of K-drama.  As a fan, and beyond their singing careers,  she can only be happy to know that they are gaining more fans.

 

A frown replaces her expression, she can not believe that up to this day, they have to strive really hard to get whatever they have now. Just a fitting example, what can she say about that Asian games, she can still probably say a lot, even though it did go their way. How she detests why is it that these days a word and a shake of hands are no longer honorable, and that legal papers is the only way to go. But then again she can not help but sigh, there are just too many unscrupulous people out there, and one cannot help but be careful when dealing with legal matters.

 

As she recalls that moment when she saw them on live national television broadcast, she can not help but be emotional. Her eyes were glued on the screen, and her ears perk up to listen to their voices. She just could not completely express her glee, and how she became teary eyed for just those few minutes. The thought on how hard it was for them to be on that stage, her heart could not contain her jubilance. They looked so triumphant on that stage with their happy faces,  and she wanted to celebrate with them. It was such a glorious day, and she was so proud of them.

 

As Gummy ends her rendition of her song and with the audience clapping wholeheartedly, she imagines Jaejoong singing a duet with her on that very music hall, and it will probably be awesome, but then again, if he does a solo performance that will be more fantabulous.