Flawless

Written in the Wind of Whimsy

Prompt 1: Flawless 

Kim Jaejoong 

291 words

 

He was in front of a mirror, but he was not looking at himself, rather he was looking at his diamond earring’s reflection on the mirror, and it was perfectly flawless. He made sure that it was.  

His eyes moved to look at his reflection, his blue gray contact lens eyes, perky nose, pinkish kissable lips, small chin, smooth cheeks, high cheekbones, just right framed jaw, new blond hair . . . people said he was beautiful and flawless. That was not true. He moved closer to the mirror, with a sigh, he’s starting to notice tiny lines, just at the corner of his eyes, his eyes moved to his nose, the lines at the corners were starting to deepen, and his eyes again moved to his lips, he saw an almost imperceptible line,  in the back of his head he'd always know its there.

Young, he was no longer young, his youth was running away from him, no way to chase it back, each day was a day away from his youth, forever gone. But he wants to stay young, young and beautiful. Perfect, perfectly flawless, but for how long?

He moved away from the mirror, and looking at his reflection from a little distance away.

Time, he gave a sigh and smirked, he thought he'd still have time in his hands, before the perfection was gone. 

“Jaejoong,” someone called him, he turned his head towards the closed door, and a knock came from the door. “They are ready for your shot,” his assistant called to him.

Taking a deep breath, and taking one last look at his reflection, he turned and went out from the comfort room and joined the photo shoot with a smile planted on his lips.