Chapter 5

Summer Bliss

Identity

 

 

 

 
"We're flying away baby. We really need to."
 
That was what my umma  said on our way to the airport. My parents decided that life will be better if we moved out from Korea and be transfered in Canada.
 
I have no idea why we left but from a mind of six year old girl who barely remembers a thing. I just found my things packed and found myself in the city of Mary after fourteen and a half hours that felt like years. My parent's worried faces were gone.
 
Our new house was nothing like our old house in Korea. It is modest but very charming. We settled in one of Montreal's secret little neighborhood, peaceful and quiet just like what my mom wants.
 
Though we don't have a pool, the small pond and the perennial garden in our backyard are more interesting. My room was specially decorated by umma and appa. He put glow-in-the-dark stars in the ceiling while umma made it more special by making it like a wonderland. Three bedrooms, two baths, a large kitchen and living area, plus a reading room. Not bad right? The two storey house that appa bought was enough for us.
 
Appa imediately was hired as a financial consultant while umma opened her own flowershop. While their precious little daughter, that's me, went to school. We don't have any uniforms so I chose to wear something comfortable.My umma tried to make me look cute but to no avail I still look like a rag doll especially when I'm beside him.
 
x
 
I was seven and he was nine when we first met.
 
 We are having dinner at their house beacuse aside from neighbors, our parents are friends with each other. I can't help but catch glimpse of him because I was seven and very curious. His mother introduced us and even asked his son to take good care of me. He smiled at me and I quivered. Too much friendliness from someone I just met makes me feel uneasy. He is quite the perfect one. He's the school's prince. He is Choi Siwon.
 
I always try to avoid him because he is too nice. Kids like him meant trouble. So whenever my parents invite him, I always ran to the nearest playground with my teddy bear but one afternoon was different. I came back crying like hell and he was there smirking at me. My most favorite toy in the world was missing and I don't know where it is. I don't know what happen but he came back . His neat clothes are messy and in his hands was a big teddy bear with a red ribbon.
 
"Here. Don't try to lose it araso?" Siwon said as he threw the big fluffy white bear at my hands. 
"I just can't bear seeing your snotty face crying like that. So I gave you a new one." He grinned and I burst into tears. overwhelmed because the kid I thought to be faking his kindness is actually real.
"T-thanks" I finally said, from that moment I open my heart to him.
 
after that night, we become inseperable.
we're like Batman and Robin.
Romulus and Remus
and yes we rule the entire middle school.
 
until High school came.
 
This is when I realized that Choi Siwon is the BOMB. 
 
"Yoona!" someone shouted at my back. It was from Siwon of course.
 
Is he this gorgeous? I asked myself. He looks the same. HOT as ever. His fair complexion, his warm smiles. He is handsome beyond words. Even when we were kids, he's the taller one.
 
The uniform looks hot on him. WHY? while I look just the same always, like a rag doll.
 
"What's up with the hair?" My usual unruly hair was now tamed thanks to umma. She also made me wear a headband. Umma loves dressing me up.
 
"Don't start Choi Siwon. It's mom's fault."
 
He looked at me with a worried expression. you don't need to remind me that I look like a rag doll.  
 
"Just don't be like that. You look funny."
 
He put his arms on me and dragged me inside the hall. Everbody stared at us or more likely on Siwon. Maybe they're asking themselves what the rag doll's doing with the school prince. 
 
I know that he excels in practically everything. In academics, sports (he's the team captain of the schoo's swimming varsity team), and having friends.
 
He was so popular that I feel like a teeny weeny freshie lost in a sea of people but  as usual he smiled at me as if we're alone. Maybe he is used with all this attention.
 
My first year in high school was fun. As usual, we are inseperable just like when we're young and because of that before semester break, I become popular like him. 
 
I don't know if its because of my grades or my looks but I'm positive that when you hang out with the popular ones...most likely you'll become one of them.
 
the first sign of being popular? having admirers and haters. okay... I don't have admirers but I have tons of haters. Some girls don't want me near Siwon
 
their first step? bullying me. They waited for me in the locker room. they are five b*tches surrounding me with a smirk in their faces but hella! my roundhouse kick suprised them. If I can't beat Siwon in swimming then we are equal when it comes to taekwondo.
 
My dad taught me well since we moved here. He's obsessed in teaching me self defense and self preservation as if somebody will kidnap me any moment and finally it pays off.
 
when the b*tches saw the lockers dented by me. they all scram off and after that...all went well. ha!
 
All is well.
 
or so I thought...
 
x