Chapter 16

Summer Bliss

 

RECAP: Yoona is finally in Seoul, Korea because her mom got into a car accident. Turns out that Jaejoong knew about this and even called her not to come back in Seoul but despite Jaejoong's pleas. Yoona went home with Siwon. Then later, she was surprised because Taemin and Sica were there also. (lol they even arrived earlier than her :p ) Jae dropped by and invited her for a coffee.
 
A/N: Sorry for my super late update. You may kill me now. KIDDING! I was busy with school work and other curricular activities. dang. Almost all of my instructors are all demanding. SIGH. school is tough. anyways, christmas is near! that means Summer Bliss's anniversary will be coming up. I can't believe this. >.< I'm sorry for only having 21 chapters. Anyways, please continue supporting this fic. Thanks for the comments and for subscribing.  :> Happy Holidays! and warning LONG CHAPTER AHEAD. 
 
 
 
tumblr_lwk1eww9bA1qg3d9no1_500.jpg
 
 
 
Walk out

Down the cold pavement.

 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong took me to a coffee shop two blocks away from the hospital. I still don’t understand his motives. Siwon warns me that he is a dangerous guy but I see nothing to be afraid of him. He is just too mysterious for me. I just know his name. I know that he’s filthy rich and he could be really cold and scary at times but he can be surprisingly sweet and kind if he really wants to.

 

Of course, He knows how much glutton am I when it comes to food especially to sweets and pastries so I’m not surprised to see a tall chocolate chip cookies frappuccino and hot Belgian waffles with strawberry toppings and extra serving of syrup and whipped cream waiting on our table.

 

Surprisingly, there are no customers other than the two of us despite it’s already eleven in the morning.  

 

“Why are you not still eating?”

 

See? His only purpose in life is to get me fat. Maybe he’s using food so I couldn’t ask him questions…because he is hiding something from me! Maybe the reason why he knows about my mom’s accident was because he’s a government secret agent and he was tasked to look out from me because I’m a—

 

What the hell am I talking about?

 

“I’m not hungry.” I answered at him lamely. Although the waffle is quite tempting. I just don’t have the appetite to eat.

 

“Look. Just eat.” He paused for a bit and signed for the server to come in our direction.  The girl immediately rush on our side and bowed politely to him.

 

“She doesn’t want waffles. Give her cupcakes.” Then he paused dramatically and smiled like he’s scheming something “I changed my mind, Give her all the available pastries here, muffins, cupcakes, cookies. Whatever.  Just give all your available food. Arasso?” 

 

The girl nodded like she’s paid to do so.

 

“What the? I said I’m not hungry!” I look at the server and smiled gently at her “Please don’t listen to him. Don’t give me anything, He’s just crazy. We’re fine here. You can go.” I nudge her to walk but the girl remained standing

 

“Sorry Ma’am but he rented the whole place and paid all the food. Our boss will be mad if—“

 

H-He rented the whole place? dAFSHdjsandsha! Who would rent a coffeeshop? Seriously, This guy don't know what is frugality. I wonder where did he get all his money. The things rich people do for their own comfort

 

sigh

 

“Okay. I understand.” I said in defeated. 

 

“I’ll eat now just don’t add more food. I’m on a…special diet.”

 

 Jaejoong smiled and signed the girl to go back.

 

“What are you thinking? I already told you. I am not hungry”

 

“You want to know?”

 

I nodded. 

 

Jaejoong leaned forward to me and took my hands.

 

“This is why. Look at yourself. You’re so skinny. Are you starving yourself back in Montreal? I told Taemin to make sure that you eat and then this?” he removed his grip from me and I realized that he is pouting.

 

Is he mad because I’m skinny?

 

“That kid, I swear I’ll… why are you laughing? What’s funny?”

 

“Nothing. Go on.” I said while forcing my self not to laugh but you see when the great mr arrogant is mad. He looks so damn cute. I never see him like this.  Who’s this person? What did he do to my arrogant boss? Last time I check this guy is self centered, arrogant, cold, and very stoic but this side of him is new to me. He stopped talking and crossed his arms.

 

The transition of cute Jaejoong to scary Jaejoong is a sight to see.

 

“Aw” I said while rubbing my forehead. So he still got that habit of flicking my forehead eh. Old habits are hard to stop.

 

“You’re spacing out.”  He said nonchalantly but you can see through him that he enjoyed it. I ignore his remark and started eating the waffles. He just sits across me, his left hand under his chin. He seems to enjoy watching me eating.

 

I wiped my mouth.

 

“Tell me Jaejoong-ssi…” I emphasize the word ssi. I’m in Korea now. The fact that I’ll continue my college and live here for the rest of my life makes me aware that yeah… I should be starting speaking Korean and studying its culture.

 

So yeah, I hope he won’t laugh because my accent . I breathe deeply and continue what I’m saying earlier.

 

“Why do you know my mom’s accident? It seems to blurry and fishy for me. I didn’t tell you about that and yet you’re like superman saving my mom and taking care of her. You don’t even know her. Seriously, who are you?”

 

He chuckled for a bit and looked directly at my eyes.

 

“I’m just your friendly neighbor.”

 

I eyed him suspiciously and hit his arm.

 

“Jaejoong –ssi. I’m being serious here.”

 

“Okay. Just drop the –ssi part. It give me the creeps.”

 

“Ahjussi?”

 

“I’m three years older than you. I’m not that old. pfft”

 

“O-opp- Jaejoong! Just answer me” >.<

 

I hit him on his bicep and its hard. He really takes good care of his body. I wonder when will I see his a-

 

“I know what happened to your mom because I was there when the car accident happened. I was on my way to work when I saw your mom crashed. Being a good citizen that I am, I immediately called for an ambulance and was the one who took her in the hospital. I saw from her identification card that her name is Lora Im. I have a hunch that it might be related to you because of her surname and she looks familiar with me.”

 

He paused for a minute and wiped my mouth because of the syrup. Honestly, I feel like my tummy is dancing back and forth the moment he touched my face, in normal days, I would have been spazzing like crazy but not now

 

“…then I remember your picture on your side table. The one who has pink frames and silly lace on it? I figured out that its your mom so I called you.”

 

“If so... then why are saying that I should stay there and do nothing?” I asked. Still not convinced with all his explanations

 

“It’s because I’m concerned over your studies. I know that your preparing for your CATs so badly.”

 

Okaaaay.

 

“Sorry if I’m asking too many questions. I should be thanking you for taking care of my parents. kamsahamnida.” I bowed my head, still holding the frappe.

 

He chuckled and messed my hair.

 

As usual…he treats me like a kid.

 

“Anything for you cupcake.”

 

I’m forcing my self not to blush but you can’t blame me. It’s KIM JAEJOONG for pete’s sake. I hide my self by staring at my almost empty plate.

 

I just hope she sees me as a…

 

What the hell was I’m thinking? DELETE. Pfft. I will not fall for an old guy like him.

 

Then my phone starts to vibrate

 

Siwon? I happily answered my phone.

 

“Hello? Siwon! Where are you?”

 

“Yeah. I'm Sorry I forgot to call back.  She’s okay. I know..I know… Have you eaten lunch? Uh-huh.  I’ll be there.  You too." 

 

I ended my phone call with a smile on my face. Siwon just set a lunch date for the two us as an apology for not coming with to the hospital. The poor bloke must've been feeling guilty.

 

“Who’s that?” Jaejoong coldly asked me.

 

“Siwon. My bestfriend”

 

“Choi, Siwon?”

 

“Yes? You know him?”

 

“Just an old friend.”

 

“Wow. That was nice. I’m planning to introduce him to you but I see that you don’t need it. Siwon is awesome. I think you’ll like him. We’re best friends since I was seven years old. He’s –“

 

I heard Jaejoong grunt. It’s obvious that he’s not interested on any word that I say. I feel irritated because it’s my bestfriend I’m talking about. I realized that I should be mature enough and ignore what he just done.

 

“Thanks again. I’m sorry that I always make you worried.”

 

“I am not”

 

“Oh”

 

“I’m not worried.” Jaejoong said coldly. His eyes were telling me that he’s serious and he means it.

 

“Why would I?”

 

It hurts a bit when he’s the one saying it on your face. Why do it feels like this? So what if he’s not worried over me? Get a grip Yoona. I laughed awkwardly but he stayed there like I don’t exist. I tried to talk at him but he would just answer me with “Yes” and “No” and then he will graze outside and then stare at me boredly. Maybe has so many things to do. I should stop this.

 

“I bet you’re busy. Sorry for holding you up. ”

 

I found myself smiling bitterly while waltzing away to the door.  He didn't even protest nor say goodbye to me. He just remained on his seat drinking black coffee while talking to someone on his phone. I realized...maybe  he really doesn't care.