Chapter 9

Summer Bliss

Two weeks well spent - II

 

 

 

 

And he was right again.

Jessica unnie is mad at me because first, I forget to tell her that I sleep over Jae’s place last night and secondly, she despises my whole look for today. Protective mother instincts plus fashionista buzz is equals to a long dehydrating sermon.

I am sitting by the kitchen table, fidgeting, and speechless because my bestfriend for three years which felt like forever is lecturing you about the many ways she can murder my employer.  She looks like a strict but y mathematics professor with tight red pencil skirt, and high black open toed pumps. I wish I have my earphones right now.

“YOONG! Are you even listening at me?” Jessica eyed me closely. I bet she already know that my mind is flying off somewhere

I left out a big sigh of defeat.

“Unnie.” I pouted giving her my best aegyo look. “Don’t worry. Did you see this?” I raised my fists imitating Manny Pacquiao, a renowned Filipino boxing champion. “He will taste this if he ever does something bad at me okay? I’m a first level black belter in taekwondo for crying out loud!”

Still she doesn’t look amused.

“And what’s wrong with my look today?”

I pressed the wrong button.

“You’re asking what’s wrong? In case you haven’t seen yourself in the mirror. You looked like an old ghetto hag. Seriously…Is that the new fashion trend here? Oversized horn rimmed glasses, oversized black hoodie, and baggy pants? The only time you look decent was…wait… I can’t remember, Oh yes.

The only time you looked decent was the time I dressed you up for the concert. Oh my freaking goodness Yoona. Your bestfriend and flatmate is a fashion design student and I can’t even dress nor style you up? What will auntie say? That I’m a very irresponsible unnie? The fashion gods will curse me for letting you go out with those awful… things.”

I am literally scared now. The ice princess is now a fashion nazi! Jessica is itching to dress me up. Sometimes she wins but all the times not.

“I have my reasons unnie.” I finally said, ignoring her as I quickly bite the chocolate bread. “I bought you something.” I handed my secret weapon, the chocolate almond oatmeal cookies to her and just like that she sits besides me looking so happy and embraced me.

“And I terribly miss you! You’re always with him. When will you introduce him to me?”

“Oh… my employer turn tutor? Soon enough.” I said

“Then… I will introduce you to the guy I was talking about!” Jessica beamed completely forgetting that she’s mad at me. HOHO

Anyway,

Whenever we talk about her mystery guy she couldn’t help but feel giddy and cheesy. Unnie met him when she was having a vacation in Tokyo a year ago. She was in a small bookshop at that time looking for a manga for me when this guy helped her and right at that moment she claimed that she was star struck but I say she was head over heels with him and though she went back here  they still keep on touch.

“Oh.. that’s why you want me to dress up huh?” I teased. Guilt was plastered all over Jessica’s pretty face.

“No, I’m not. I love the way you are Yoong but he might think I was living with an old maid and will you answer your phone?” Jessica scoffed at me. I looked at my phone and see master arrogant’s name flashing.

 “Hello Mr. Arrogant?”

-SB-

“Why are you being so kind today huh?”

Usually Jae always scolds me when I eat too many sweets because I tend to be so hyper afterwards but tonight it was pretty different. We went to the best ice cream shop in Montreal, Le Bilboquet Cremerie Café. He ordered all the ice cream flavors available and even the sorbets.

I eyed him suspiciously.

“This will be the last day of your work cupcake.”

“Oh. Okay” I tried to smile at him. I hope he didn’t see how disappointed I am. I mean… I hate being scolded by him and I hate following him but I enjoy those times I spend with him. Free food, free movie tickets, you know.. free things?

“I’m the best assistant right?” I smiled again.

“I don’t think so” He smirked

“Remember how you almost set fire on my kitchen? Or the time you and your devil cat, for the second time around, ruined my sofa?” I cringed as I remember the destroyed $10,000 sofa.

“I was just following your orders. You said to cook breakfast. I cooked breakfast for you, You told me to clean your apartment. I cleaned your apartment. I brought chacha with me because my poor baby was alone in my flat and puh-lease ChaCha loves you more than she does to me.”

“………”

“Okay, you’re right” I finally admit my defeat.

6 ice cream flavors, 2 sorbets, and a lot of bickering after…

“My head is ….”

He looks at me with victory in his eyes. No. This can’t be. I said to myself. Hell.. my head is freezing.. Too..Muuch…ice cream.

“is…perfectly fine. Where’s my choco chic ice cream?” I said trying not to flinch but seriously my head is freezing.

“Cupcake you look pale.” He said to me. His hands touched my face. Blood rushed to my cheeks.

“And now you’re hot. Are you sure okay?” I nodded at him and quickly stuffed my mouth a large amount of ice cream.  He will be the death of me. I try to avoid his stares by looking intently at my remaining ice cream.

“Anyways, now that I’m free with you” I said trying to regain composure. “Here’s the micro SD card of your precious precious camera and no worries, I did not open this. I’m not a snoop” I added sarcastically.

I placed the SD card on the table and he took it slowly. He looked at me again like there’s something in it and I don’t know what I’m feeling. Maybe the ice cream is taking its toll on me. I’m beginning to feel weird things because of too much eating.

“I’m leaving cupcake.”

I dropped my spoon and laughed incoherently. He’s leaving the city. Finally, I can have my peaceful, plain, and ordinary life back. Yeah.

“Okay. haha” I forced myself to laugh “well this is a great goodbye party for us.”

“but I will set some one to tutor you for your exams alright?”

“Really Jae, You’re worried for my exams? Haha I told you Its O-K” I said finishing my ice cream.

-SB-