8 | met

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Third Person POV

"Kim Minjeong! Get down there this instant!"

"Ugh..."

Minjeong, lying down comfortably on a tree's branch, groaned in displeasure. She slowly sat up and jumped off the tree, landing on the grass elegantly. She huffed, then faced her coach with her arms crossed.

"Coach Jay, I was only resting..."

The coach chuckled, "That was dangerous, Minjeong... plus, that's not allowed in school." he playfully ruffled the girl's hair.

Minjeong rolled her eyes while fixing her hair, "But it's only 6 a.m... surely there are only a few people here-"

"Look, it's either I take you to detention or call you out."

"Tch, bummer!" Minjeong lightly hit the coach's thigh with her wooden sword, "Bye!" she ran away toward the school's garden.

"Yah!"

Watching the girl's figure get smaller in the distance, the coach could only hold his forehead with a smile. Kids these days are so energetic, or am I just getting old?— he thought.

 

———————————————

 

A few seconds of roaming around the garden later, Minjeong noticed a lot of stares, and it was directed toward her. This was the usual. Everyone in her school knew her as she was the one who continuously won the school trophies in Kendo.

Not to mention her looks.

Having a decent height for her age, Minjeong had short black hair and an excellent look in her eyes. A pretty girl with a cool vibe. Because of her appearance, she might even be portrayed as a girl who's liked mainly by girls.

Nonetheless, everyone adored her.

Step by step, Minjeong eventually walked past this girl who looked pale while reading her mathematics book. Pausing for a second, she heard a growl that seemed like it came from a stomach... indeed this wasn't hers, so she turned around to look at the girl.

This girl didn't look that interesting, but to Minjeong, it was captivating... well because she's been reading many novels these days. The girl looked like your average protagonist who doesn't care about her appearance and may or may not become beautiful in later chapters.

Curly long hair that's messy, thick glasses, and a uniform that looks too tidy. In short, she had a "Straight A" student look, and since this is real life, that's just rare.

Gazing at the girl, Minjeong noticed that she's been clenching her stomach. So without any more halt, Minjeong rummaged through her pockets and took out two health bars. This was supposed to be her breakfast food, but she guessed that this person needed it more.

Minjeong approached the girl, "Hey... take this." she reluctantly placed the two bars on the girl's lap. "You seem hungry."

The girl put aside her book and stared at the bars silently. She blinked her eyes in disbelief before looking up to gaze at Minjeong. As soon as the two met eyes, Minjeong raised her brows as she noticed faint bruises on her face.

Not wanting to invade the girl's privacy, Minjeong didn't mind this and shrugged her curiosity away.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Huh? Is there a reason why I shouldn't?"

The girl gazed at Minjeong for a second, "Ah... no but why are you giving me these?"

Minjeong shrugged, "Because you needed it?" she gave the girl a cheeky smile. "Don't mind it. It's just me being nosy."

"Then, I'll take it." The girl bowed, "Thank you."

Minjeong simply nodded in response, and after a few exchanges of small conversations, she bid her farewell and continued with her footsteps. Purposely, she didn't ask for this person's name as she didn't want any connection and preferred to be alone.

She barely even looked at this girl's face and instantly forgot what she looked like. Well, she hoped that this person and herself wouldn't cross paths ever again.

That'll be troublesome.

"Minjieeee!!!"

Oh no.

Minjeong turned around only to see the girl who's been annoying her since two days ago. She didn't even want to have anything to do with this girl, yet she was being too pushy.

Before the girl could even embrace the latter, Minjeong pointed her wooden sword toward the girl to mark a distance. They had just met two days ago, and she was already this touchy. In all seriousness, Minjeong hated it.

"Why do you keep following me?"

"Because I want to befriend you!"

"Who are you again?"

"Ning Yizhuo."

"Okay look, Yizoe-"

"Yizhuo."

"I'll just call you Ning." Minjeong cleared , "Look, I know I scared away those s who've been using you and all... but that doesn't mean I want any friends, alright? Who knows? I might as well use your wealth for my benefit."

Ning chuckled, "That's fine... you look like a nice person anyway, unlike them who'd throw me away once they're done using me."

Minjeong sighed, sheathing her wooden sword into its case. "I'm warning you, befriending me is like chasing a rabbit as a sloth. I'm giving you another chance to run away."

Ning shook her head, "I'm good. I had this fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter