38 | memory lane

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's the wound? It healed nicely right?"

"W-What?"

Minjeong stuttered while looking at Win with bewildered eyes, her body gradually tensing due to the mentioned words she couldn't comprehend.

"Hey, Sicheng... I think we should chill off yeah?" Kai chuckled nervously as he forcefully removed Win's drunken hands off of the girl.

"But Minjeong..."

Win mumbled before falling into the guy's arms unconsciously, Kai was quick to support the latter's arm to position around his shoulder. He smiled at Minjeong apologetically and told the girl that he'll go ahead and bring the guy to his room before anything that'll make her more uncomfortable happen.

With a gulp, Minjeong solely nodded her head and watched the two figures walk through the corridor into the crowd towards the stairs.

As soon as the two guys disappeared within the girl's line of sight, Minjeong clenched onto her chest and stumbled her back against the railings. Her chest started to feel heavy as well as her breathing that had just gone off course.

Before anything goes out of hand, the girl swiftly examined the surroundings and found the courtyard which wasn't too far that had no people present.

So she took that to her advantage and hurriedly made her way into the area. Walking to the very corner, then taking a seat on the fountain's concrete edge. Panting, she tilted her back slightly backward with the support of her two arms that rested on the concrete and closed her eyes.

Minjeong couldn't believe what she heard and sensed her hands that suddenly twitched and clenched unconsciously.

Never ever she would think to hear such a sudden revelation, a traumatic one at that.

Not too long, she caught up with what she heard and compiled all of it properly.

Leading to the conclusion of Win being the young boy who saved her life in that ed up alley.

Somehow, Minjeong didn't look too surprised- no rather, she didn't feel surprised. All she felt was abrupt fear mixed with anxiety and pain.

The common emotions she often felt.

She truly hated it.

Clenching onto her chest firmly, Minjeong took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyelids.

There immediately, she was met with familiar eyes from a distance which its figure was getting closer directly her way at a rapid pace.

And before she knew it, Minjeong was being held by her girlfriend. Locked in embrace, comfort.

The shorter melted into the warmth and closed her eyes once more, promptly wrapping her arms around the latter's hips tightly, face buried into the stomach.

She shuddered as she spoke, "Damn, good timing."

"Are you okay?"

Minjeong nodded her head within the embrace, "With you here, I think I'll be able to manage it quickly."

Jimin caressed the back of her girlfriend's head softly, "What happened?"

"I'll tell you but... can we go back home first?" The shorter grumbled, "The crowd of people here is starting to add up to my anxiety."

"Of course, Jeongie."

Minjeong smiled at the thought as she pulled away from the embrace and stood up to look at Jimin.

Though in a flash, that smile disappeared the moment Minjeong noticed the bruise on the edge of her girlfriend's lip and a square plaster on her right cheek.

Not portraying any reactions but was worried, the shorter placed a hand on her girlfriend's left cheek softly.

"Rina... he hurt you, didn't he?"

Jimin smiled sternly and took the latter's hand, planting a soft kiss on the palm. "Let's go?" she clasped the hand tightly.

The girl didn't answer the question. But still, Minjeong took the gesture as a yes and didn't budge any further.

She intertwined her hand with the girl and nodded her head with a bitter smile. Jimin then led her in front of the mansion to walk inside the car she parked nearby, Minjeong couldn't do anything but solely walk in silence and look at her girlfriend worriedly.

Just as when Jimin was about to step into the driver's seat, the shorter held her wrist softly and insisted that she'll be the one driving. With a sigh, the latter nodded her head and moved to sit on the passenger's seat.

Stepping inside the vehicle to sit on the driver's seat, Minjeong snickered. "Turns out we both had something hindering our lives, huh?" she gripped onto the steering wheel firmly.

Jimin breathed out a long sigh, "Wish all of this will be over soon."

"...Heck, same."

 

————

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter