13 | comfort

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hate hate hate hate hate.

Those were the words Minjeong kept typing on her phone as she walked towards their hotel room, walking as fast as she could, to stay away from Jimin.

Arriving in front of their room, the girl immediately unlocked it.

SLAM

The door slamming was so loud that it echoed around the silent room, Minjeong released a huge sigh before gripping onto her arm to the point her nails dug in and caused it to bleed.

"Minjie?"

A figure suddenly appeared from the kitchen, and it was none other than her best friend.

Ning could only look at her best friend with confusion, though as soon as she gazed at the girl from top to bottom, noticing her bleeding arm.

She instantly approached the girl and distanced her hand away from her arm, grabbing a tissue from the nearby table and wiping the blood that dripped down from the arm.

"What happened?" she asked calmly.

Minjeong averted her gaze, looking lifeless like never before.

Ning sighed, "Let's talk about this." she grabbed her best friend's hand, pulling the girl with her to the balcony.

The moment they arrived, Minjeong swiftly shook the girl's hand off and stood frozen with no intention of speaking. Of course, her best friend noticed this and only sighed.

Ning rested her arms on the railings, turning her attention to her best friend. "The other two won't be sleeping here, so let's talk about it yeah?"

"I don't know what you're talking ab-"

"Minjie, I've known you for years. Come on, you know you can rely on me."

Minjeong sighed, "Then do you think you can listen to my story?" she sat down on the nearby bean bag.

Ning smiled, "Of course bud."

Minjeong closed her eyes, embracing herself for what she was about to tell. "Alright... so..."

 

~

 

Breathless, Minjeong was lying down on the floor inside her school's gymnasium. The girl just finished doing her usual practice and is now resting whilst looking up at the ceiling.

In the midst of that, she suddenly felt a cloth on her forehead that was wiping her sweat away. She smiled at this and opened her eyes only to reveal her best friend.

"Don't you think you've been doing that more often now?"

Rina smiled, "What? You want me to stop?"

Minjeong shook her head, "No... actually, keep doing it."

Rina chuckled and continued to wipe her best friend's sweat. While doing this, Minjeong noticed a few bruises on the girl's left arm and neck.

So Minjeong sat up, causing the girl next to her to stop and gaze at her with complexity.

"Did you hurt yourself again?"

Rina flinched at the question, "No..."

"Really?"

Rina pursed her lips, "It was my dad."

"Again? Wow, he's a jerk."

"Yeah, but he's a good man... he just can't take off the drugs." Rina sighed, "I wish I could run away really but... I just can't. He's killing me more than I try to do it myself."

Rina displayed a bitter smile that left the shorter gaze at her dumbfoundedly. At this point, Minjeong certainly wished she understood emotions more to be able to comfort this girl in front of her.

Too bad she's still confused about it.

So in the end, she merely hugged her best friend and patted her back in comfort. Minjeong rarely felt any sympathy, so whenever something like this happened, she'd always end up hugging the victim.

It was the usual.

Rina smiled at her best friend's actions, returning the hug, then burying her face into the crook of the girl's neck.

"How about you?"

"What?"

"Are you alright these days?" Rina paused before continuing, "Especially when their death anniversary is coming...?"

"Ahh, I forgot that I told you about them." Minjeong softened her shoulders, "Honestly... I don't think I can visit them, I'm afraid I might break down into pieces... running away, how shameful of me huh?"

Rina tightened her embrace, "Jeongie, there is nothing shameful about running away. Some things are just out of people's hands. If you think you're gonna die, just run."

"Just run..." Minjeong repeated in a faint voice before chuckling, "I know you're just comforting me like you always do but... you're so dangerous for me."

The shorter pulled away from the embrace and stood up to pack her things. Rina on the other hand, couldn't help but tilt her head at the girl's words.

"Dangerous?" she laughed. "What are you talking about?"

Minjeong zipped her bag and wore it, then she crossed her arms to think of what she just said.

"Hmm... I think I love you," she said with no hesitation.

 "Aww, I love you too!"

Minjeong shook her head, "No, not like that. I think it's something more than that." she said so bluntly, causing the girl to widen her eyes and stare at her in silence.

Rina stood up in a jolt, "I...I mean, we just met a few months ago. Aren't you a bit too fast? Furthermore, I don't think my family would be-"

"Don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter