47 | a match and farewell

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you really be okay with this, Minjeong?"

Coach Jay gazed worriedly at Minjeong whose hands were trembling just by the sound of the large crowd that echoed outside the hallway from the slightly opened door.

The girl's other teammates also looked worried, they were all quietly sitting down on the benches watching the latter making sure that she was alright to play the game. Everyone knew how much she hated crowds, and it was definitely going to be a huge problem if she doesn't calm down any sooner.

Jeno who was sitting down beside Minjeong took a deep breath and patted her back with medium force. "You know, if you can't do it I'm always here as a backup."

Minjeong gazed down her lap and snickered, "Thanks, but no. I'm already here and decided to fight, I'm just a little... nervous... I thin- I believe." she clenched her fists to stop the trembling.

The coach was about to speak but Minjeong got ahead and smiled at everyone. She gazed at them assuringly and said that she'll be okay, only needing some alone time at the moment.

Of course, everyone respected the girl and began standing up one by one to step outside of the room. However, Win who stood at the very corner of the room with his back laid against the lockers didn't leave.

Minjeong noticed this and rolled her eyes, "What are you still doing here?"

Win gripped onto his wooden sword firmly, "You're not going to be that okay okay... are you?"

The girl leaned her head back slightly and closed her eyes telling the latter to not mind her and focus on his upcoming fight. But Win shook his head and pulled out his phone, texting someone in particular.

"MJ, I know you too well now. Let me help one last time, kay?"

Minjeong opened her eyes in a flash and furrowed her brows to look at the guy, "What do you mean, one last time?"

She asked, only to earn a smile as Win opened the locker behind him and placed his phone inside of it. He approached the girl and kneeled her level to look at her in the eyes strangely, telling her how he dialed Jimin and was on her way.

Win playfully ruffled the shorter's hair, "Jimin is coming, I think she'll be a huge help." he stood up and stretched his arms.

Minjeong sighed whilst fixing her hair, "Doesn't she have any papers to arrange urgently for your family's company? My turn doesn't start until later-"

"It's fine bud!"

The guy patted her shoulder two times and laughed. Minjeong felt really perplexed because of this and tilted her head.

"I'm going to take care of it," he reached his hand toward the girl and gave her a thumbs up. "Don't worry about it."

"But you're next..."

"Exactly! Once I'm done, I'll immediately arrange those myself."

Minjeong stared at Win for a few moments before eventually nodding her head in understanding and snicker. She playfully fist-bumped the guy's thumbs up that was hanging in the air and told him to go away so she could think for herself.

Win smiled in victory as he successfully calmed down the girl— her hands were trembling no more, and the tense posture she once had fully disappeared. While gripping firmly onto his wooden sword, he quietly made his way out of the room.

That leaves Minjeong alone in the room with the only thing heard is the faint crowds behind the background. She couldn't help but think that she truly had good friends to comfort her at times like this, she felt thankful.

While thinking of these things, she took out her Airpods and wore them. She laid her back against the wall and closed her eyes, trying to maintain her calm state for as long as possible.

The music within her ears was in full volume and the crowd wasn't evident anymore. Taking a few deep breaths as her coach suggested, Minjeong suddenly felt sleepy and her consciousness was beginning to slowly fade away.

Dozing off, Minjeong's body started to tilt to the side slowly— and when her mind was just about to shut down as well as the side of her body that almost fell onto the bench.

Was stopped by a familiar warmth who positioned her tired head onto its shoulder.

Minjeong instantly smiled at the warmth that she was leaning against, turning her head slightly to look at the culprit, and gradually opened her eyes.

"You really came?"

Jimin didn't speak and merely nodded her head.

Mannnnn... I should really thank Win for what the hell he's been doing.

Clearing her mind, Minjeong made herself comfortable and laid down on the bench with her head on her girlfriend's lap to take a nap.

"I'll wake you up in twenty minutes?"

Minjeong hummed in response, allowing her consciousness to fade away, and closed her eyes. Jimin cooed at the sight and began to play

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter