52 | not the same

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several days have passed and Jimin would shut herself into her apartment whenever classes were over. She'd often take a seat on the bench in front of her grand piano and stay silent, occasionally playing a few songs every now and then.

After a while, she hesitantly reached for her bag not too far from the bench and pulled out a particular card. She gazed at the card expressionless for a prolonged moment before taking out her phone and tapping in the digits.

Jimin was about to press the call button until the sudden knock on the door made her flinch and look toward it. Placing her phone on the table, she huffed and approached the door.

She didn't open the door and took a look through her peephole's camera.

"Jiminie! Open up! There won't be any classes till' next week and I'm aware that you're going to lock yourself up again. Really, are you okay?"

Jimin snickered seeing one of her brothers— Kihyun, knocking on her door nonstop. Aside from Win, the guy's the second most worried about her.

Unfortunately, Win had already taken his leave to take over the company and study. Thus, requesting Kihyun to look after their sister closely.

"I'm not leaving here until you open this door," Kihyun grunted while crossing his arms.

The girl couldn't help but smile and shake her head slowly, then return the guy's knocks a few times saying that she was fine.

"Shutting yourself inside for who knows how long is fine?"

"Yes..."

"Bull."

Jimin only raised her brows.

Kihyun sighed, "Look, Jiminie..." he laid his back against the door. "I know you've been going through a lot of right now, I understand. But doing it like this isn't just the answer, you know?" he scratched the top of his head. "So why don't we have a talk and open this door?"

Jimin reluctantly grasped onto the doorknob and gripped it tightly. A lot of things have been going through her mind lately and she wasn't very fond of it, scoffing.

Soon after a short silence, the girl opened the door which revealed her brother who instantly gazed at her in relief. He didn't even wait for the latter to invite him inside and dropped onto the living room couch.

Jimin rolled her eyes and closed the door. She sat down on the couch across from her brother and crossed her legs— this was the first time in a while she had let someone step foot in the apartment in which Kihyun swiftly examined the surroundings.

"Wow, you really had it hard."

It was messy as a countless amount of music sheets were scattered across the living room even stretching toward the girl's bedroom. It wasn't that dirty to begin with, her brother just knew how neat his sister was so it was an unnatural sight.

"Can you just get straight to the point, please?" Jimin turned her head to the side to avoid her brother's gaze.

"Alright." Kihyun stretched his fingers and leaned a bit toward his sister with serious eyes, "There's this rumor going around your girl-"

Jimin clutched onto one of the couch's pillows, "Kihyun, we're not together anymore." she paused before continuing. "And I know, I'm aware of this rumor."

Kihyun's expression shifted into worry, "Then aren't you going to stop her?"

"Why would I?"

The girl unconsciously tightened her clutch to the point one of her nails pierced through the pillow, unfazed.

"We're not together anymore and I'm not in the place to be doing that, dummy. She's completely different now, and I need to accept that." She said monotonously, then realizing how it's been like forever since she talked like that.

Jimin laughed at herself mockingly inside her mind. Later, she stood up and picked up the phone she left on the table.

"Then how about all of this shutting yourself? When are you going to stop? We're all worried about you. Even your friends won't stop asking telling me that you've been ignoring them since the day you two broke up."

"I'll stop now, don't worry." Jimin proceeded to tap the dial button on the phone she left open, "To move on... hm, I wonder— Just now, I've settled on making myself busy and not think about it too much." she placed her phone next to her ear.

Kihyun tilted his head, "What are you planning...?"

"I'm going to France."

"Eh?"

The brother was about to speak again yet Jimin quickly prevented him by shushing him and placing an index finger against her lips. Kihyun furrowed his brows at this and stuck his eyes on the latter.

"Ah, yes. Ms. Yu?"

"Sorry to bother Mr. Fabien."

"No, it's fine. Since you called, have you finally thought about our invitation?"

Jim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter