27 | tired, i'm sorry

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had passed, and what I did was the usual... Wake up, eat, study, play, work, sleep, and repeat.

However, it wasn't all just that— I'm trying to keep my distance from Karina, well not entirely. I still talk to her from time to time, and it couldn't be helped since we're neighbors.

Of course, that includes straying away from Aeri and Ning as well.

If they ever notice that I'm trying to avoid them, thank god I have a good reason.

Recently, my father got sick. So I have no choice but to take over his seat and do his work.

Yes, I have experience.

Since I'm the only one in the family who can inherit his company, at a young age... I was forced against my will to learn how to manage it.

Despite that, I managed to break away and halt learning it. Still, I learned probably ninety percent of the basics.

Thus, why I'm needed.

Presently, I just finished organizing the important papers as well as the worker's suggestions... there's probably more incoming.

Heck, I wanna sleep.

I laid my back on the chair's backrest and stretched my neck, fighting the sleepiness that was hindering me.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

I swiftly directed my gaze toward the door, there I saw the company's president who was giving me a comforting smile.

Her name is Jo Haseul, she's been the one teaching me all about company stuff years ago— a good friend of my father's.

"Good job as always Mindeongie~" she walked her way in front of me.

I sighed, "Am I done for today? I want to go home."

Haseul chuckled as she placed down a piece of paper on the desk in front of me, it looked like a contract.

"Yeah, you're done. You just need to sign this to confirm the events we're going to host."

"Huh, you guys already found engineers who would take on the projects?"

"Bingo."

"That's incredible..."

"No, you're incredible!" Haseul playfully ruffled my hair, "If it weren't for your fast response, we wouldn't have done it early."

"Oh."

"To think that you were just my disciple years ago." Haseul looked at me proudly, "I could see why your father boasts about you a lot to the workers."

I raised a brow, "He does?"

Haseul nodded her head, "He said that you're incredibly talented."

I guess he still thinks of me...

"Awww! You're smiling!"

"What?"

I fixed my gaze on the monitor's black screen, and indeed. I was smiling, so I immediately terminated it and returned to my expressionless state.

Then I picked up the pen and proceeded to sign the paper.

Haseul pouted, "Why did you stop? Your smile's cute, Mindeongie."

I shrugged, "I'm not used to it."

Haseul rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Of course."

Returning her eye roll, I stood up from the chair and patted her shoulder before approaching the door.

"Anyway, thanks unnie. I'll go home and sleep now!"

"Wait! Mindeongie, someone's-"

"Bye~"

Because I was too tired to hear any more words, I left the room and went inside the elevator to make my way outside the building.

The moment I finally got out of that stressful place, I took a deep breath and stretched my arms.

"Freeeedooomm~"

"Woah! You look... different!"

I flinched at the abrupt voice not too far from my left when that voice approached me.

She immediately held my shoulder to take a full look at me. Surprised, I couldn't find myself moving away.

After examining, this person gave me an alerting glare.

"Ning... I can explain-"

"You look like a corpse!"

"I was working-"

"We haven't seen you in class! It's been a week!"

"Again, I was working-"

"Where were you?!"

"Working-"

"Minjie-"

I shook her shoulders, "Stop stop stop!"

When Ning finally snapped out of it, she blinked her eyes multiple times before focusing her attention on me. She looked confused, though it's understandable.

"Ning, I'm sorry. I haven't been attending classes because of work."

Ning furrowed her brows, "That's ridiculous! Isn't that only a part-time?"

"Ah... well, no it's different."

"HUH?"

I massaged my temples, trying to cope with the headache that was residing in me. If I stay up too long, I might end up passing out... I should really get going.

"Ning, can I explain later? I think I'm going to pass out if I don't get any rest."

Ning looked at me with worried eyes, this made me regret going out in a hurry— I didn't want her to worry.

Maybe I should've listened to unnie...

Staring at my miserable state, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her car which was parked not too far from the building. I would honestly resist and insist that I'd go off alone, but I'm too tired to do that.

I returned her gaze with my pursed lips before sighing, and then stepping inside the back of her car. I made myself comfortable and laid on the seat.

When Ning stepped inside the car, I heard a loud huff.

"You better explain everything later Minjie."

"Uhuh."

"Right, go ahead and sleep. I'll drive you to your apartment, I'll wake you up when we get there."

I hummed in response, solely turning my back as I slowly closed my eyes. Drifting away to sleep, I could've sworn I heard her say something... but it's plausibly not that important.

Good mornight, Ning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And oh, before we go I should probably tell you something. I'm out here waiting for Jim— oh..."

When the girl finally turned her back to look at her best friend, Minjeong was already sound asleep. Ning couldn't do anything but just chuckle and roll her eyes.

She laid her back on the backrest, gripping the steering wheel firmly with a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter