57 | don't go

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's eyes opened in an instant and were met with a strange ceiling above her head. Her head felt really painful as if it was about to break open. The blanket that was neatly tucked on her body, smelled like minty lavender.

This familiar scent has always lingered around her nose whenever she's with Minjeong. So she presumed that the girl had something to do with why she was inside this unfamiliar room.

When she tried to get up, a needle-like pain struck through her mind causing her to lie back down on the mattress.

She noticed how she felt unwell. It was cold and the ceiling was now spinning around slowly, eventually realizing that she had a fever when putting a hand on her forehead.

"Oh, you're awake?"

Jimin did not notice the sound of the door opening as Minjeong just arrived inside the room with a tray of bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

After roughly confirming what was happening, Jimin clenched onto her forehead and gradually sat up. Head lying comfortably on the headboard with a soft pillow.

"What happened? And what time is it?"

Minjeong grabbed a small foldable table beside her bed and positioned it over Jimin's lap to place the tray of food there.

"After the fireworks, you passed out and almost fell down. Thankfully, I caught you." her voice was hoarse, placing a spoon and fork beside the tray. "And don't worry, it's just 6 a.m... you leave at twelve right?"

Jimin subtly nodded her head in response and began lingering her gaze around the room. It looked really plain with only a few plants around as decoration and a simple computer to her right.

It felt like that time when she got drunk, the taller snickered.

"What's up with your voice?"

"It was cold last night." Minjeong shrugged, "Caught a cough... took some meds, so I'm getting better."

"I see... then is this your room?"

"At my mom's, she's at work right now though." Minjeong nodded her head, "I drove here immediately after you passed out. You weren't really fine at that time." she grabbed the fork in assist of giving it to Jimin.

But the latter only smiled and shook her head.

"Hmm, I don't know Minjeong... maybe you should feed me?"

Minjeong displayed a stern smile, "You have a fever Jimin, not a broken arm."

Jimin frowned her lips, "My head hurts."

With a long sigh, the shorter wasn't able to retort and cut a piece of pancake to feed the sick girl. Opening with an ahh~, Jimin began to chew in delight looking all happy like a five-year-old.

Minjeong blinked at this and laughed, "Your head hurts, huh?" she continued to feed the latter.

Mouth full along with the smile that never left her lips, Jimin nodded her head. "Yeah, it stings-"

*BEEP*

Minjeong beeps an infrared thermometer over Jimin's forehead and it looked like her fever was slowly residing away. The latter noticed this and saw the temperature that displayed, 37.5°C— disappointment.

Jimin expected the girl to place the fork down and tell her to feed herself, but she only continued and pierced bacon, the piece coming directly into .

"Since we won't be seeing each other for a while, I'll let you off the hook," Minjeong said with a smile, the food hanging up in the air waiting for the taller open .

Jimin thought for a short moment and promptly returned the smile. She shook her thoughts away and decided to cherish this very moment. To not think of anything else.

Every second was now important.

Thus, she returned to her happy expression and bit the bacon into .

Minjeong ended up feeding Jimin everything that was on the tray until it was time for the girl to leave. Can I see you again tomorrow? Something in the shorter's thoughts was urging her to ask that, though it looked like everything was too late.

"You'll see me off with everyone else, right?" Jimin's voice sounded a bit lonely but the shorter was too dense to notice this.

"Mhm, I'll see you at the airport."

The moment she saw Jimin in the fresh clothes she lend her, waving her goodbye, then leaving the room to step inside the vehicle that have been waiting for her outside the Kim residence, Minjeong fell back onto the bed.

Muttering something in the bed, she felt like sighing and it confused her. She pulled out her phone and stared at the new drafts for Jimin that were left unsent, feeling bummed about hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter