21 | still you

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OH!"

Minjeong couldn't help but blurt out a shout as she watched the girl next to her play the match as she was the only one left alive in their team.

She knew that the taller , but she never expected her to suddenly get better after that short game they had.

Well, maybe it's because of that reward Minjeong promised.

"If you kill more than five people without bringing us down, I'll do anything you request."

"Hm, really?"

"No doubt."

With that in thought, Minjeong flinched as soon as she snapped back to reality only to notice Jimin killing two players at once alone— this is her fourth.

Witnessing this, her whole team started to spam a bunch of messages in-game.

「RJ: Damn! This is what you call ?」

「SK: Bruh, I only have two kills... THANKS for not bothering to help me Winwin.」

「Winwin: They had a sniper!」

「Winwin: Plus, I never knew she'd be this good...」

「RJ: Heh, talk about boasting.」

「Winwin: mb, I underestimated her.」

「MJ: I think she got motivated...」

「SK: From what?」

「MJ: I don't even wanna think about it.」

A few minutes later, Jimin ended up killing six people and earned third place for the team. Minjeong just raised her brows at this, embracing herself for what was about to come.

「RJ: That's just savage, I don't think you even needed us.」

「SK: WP! (✿◠‿◠)」

「Winwin: GG!」

「GrnT: a clutch, thanks tho.」

Jimin backed away from the computer, stretching her arms then turning her head to face Minjeong who was trying to avert her gaze.

"Jeongie, looks like I won that reward."

"I guess."

"Can I claim it now?"

Minjeong sighed, "What do you want?"

Jimin smiled, "Later... come with me to our old high school."

"Huh? What for?"

"No questions! Just meet me later at 1 p.m. in front of the apartment."

Jimin typed on the computer to bid her farewells to the girl's teammates, shutting the computer down, then proceeding to stand up and walk away from the room.

When the girl was finally out of sight, Minjeong tilted her head in wonder.

Why that place?

Something was certainly up, and she felt that it was going to be both bad and good at the same time— well her gut feeling tells her so.

"MJ! Are you still going to play?!"

Minjeong flinched, "I told you not to drag me in!"

"Oops..."

 

———————————————

 

1:30 p.m

 

As the two girls reached their old high school, Jimin couldn't contain her smile at the familiar sight, while Minjeong stood motionless, her gaze fixed blankly on the building.

A lot of their memories were created and remained here. Part of her wished to erase it all, yet another part clung to those memories for reasons she couldn't understand.

It stung.

Minjeong shuddered and shook her head, sighing as she tucked her hands into her hoodie's pockets inhabit.

Jimin sighed, "This feels so nostalgic."

"Sure is."

The two just stood in silence, gazing at the gates for a prolonged time. Jimin wasn't kidding when she said that it felt nostalgic, the shorter was beginning to feel it.

However, at the same time, those gates that appeared in front of her welcomed a sense of fear and frustration.

Minjeong didn't want to come, but the reward Jimin won, she just couldn't bring herself to back out.

That'd be unfair.

"Why are we even here?"

"I want to have a long talk, it may be sudden for you but I think there are some things I can tell you now."

Minjeong raised her brows, "Huh, but why here?"

Jimin only smiled and gazed at the shorter for a second before playfully punching her shoulder, then hurriedly walking away towards the main building.

"You know where to go!"

The taller yelled as she stepped inside the facility, leaving Minjeong outside who groaned in annoyance.

"At least she's going to tell me something," she mumbled to herself as she began to walk toward the building to follow the latter.

Meanwhile.

Humming in a good mood, Jimin skipped through the empty hallways, reminiscing the blissful moments she spent with Minjeong within it.

Of course, those moments were also accompanied by bad ones, and always blamed herself. 

She knew it well.

She's aware that it was mostly her fault... for being a coward.

Even so, Jimin forcibly shook those thoughts away and looked at the bright side. So bright that she never took her mind off it in a very long time.

It overshadowed the bad ones, and it was a good thing for her.

Now walking up the stairs, making her way to the rooftop, Jimin grasped the nostalgia that sent sparks in her palm.

Just a twist of this doorknob, she'll find herself in a place she never forgot— one of the places she loved the most.

A place that marked something inside her heart.

Jimin took a deep breath, turning the knob, revealing an open-spaced roof that appeared to have nothing changed.

Closing the door, she smiled at this and approached the railings, crossing her arms, then resting them on top of it.

As she immersed herself in a deep pensiveness akin to slowly rolling a sweet hard candy around , the sound of the door opening suddenly resounded causing her to turn her back and look toward it.

It was Minjeong.

The shorter closed the door and walked in the middle, lingering her eyes around the area to see if something changed.

Nothing changed.

The two girls never bothered to talk yet as both indulged themselves in the moments that lingered around the breezy air.

Minjeong didn't want to think of it in the first place.

But she just couldn't stop her mind from flashing those memories before her eyes.

She felt as if she had gone back in time.

Just without the noisy students going in the background, as well as the loud crowd who'd usually be seen by their school field cheering for the soccer team.

The moment she landed her eyes on the taller, Minjeong paused her movements and unconsciously gawked at the latter.

Jimin was unexpectedly holding a camera toward her and it seemed to be recording.

That camera looked deadly familiar.

The longer she stared at the object, the more she realized that it was the camera she had given her.

"How are you feeling today, Minjeong-ssi?"

Holding her hair to avoid being played with by the wind, Jimin smiled, only for the shorter to give a slight nod and make off in the opposite direction.

Minjeong placed her hand over her chest as she rested the other on the railing. Right now, she couldn't understand herself.

She could feel chaos in her heart.

Despite this, Minjeong only remarked that it was the fault of the recollections that stayed in her memories and that it had nothing to do with the present.

Things changed, and she was certain that it wasn't like before.

She was so sure that there weren't any feelings left behind.

It was all gone.

It wasn't all the same.

As she had never fallen into any serious love-like love, she was unable to fall under a self-harming lovesickness like the protagonists of the novels she read.

It was simply a faint feeling close to admiration in the past that happened to follow her in this present.

She was so sure—

"Remember? You gave this to me..." Jimin stopped the camera and placed it on the railing, "Hey, am I still important to you?"

——that there weren't any feelings anymore.

"You're important to me," the shorter blurted out.

After realizing what she said, Minjeong bit her tongue and sighed. Jimin on the other hand smiled at the revelation and rested her arms on the railings to calm her thumping heart.

"Of course, you're importa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter