7 | attention

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, I just sold my soul to my mother... well, in a sense. We ate breakfast with her friends, and I somehow managed to get through the socializing part. I didn't talk much to her friends' daughters.

Instead, I only gave them some nods while I pretended to listen to their conversations. Naturally, I hated it... and to add more to my pain, I don't know what got to me, but— I allowed my mother to cut my precious hair.

She gave me those damn puppy eyes, and I won't even exaggerate if I mention she looked like an angel from the heavens. And unfortunately, I inherited her looks. I don't even fix my appearance.

It's just how I like it.

Though back to my current situation, it was the usual afternoon. I got myself concealed most of the time. I just finished doing all my homework and projects, and my grades are slowly rising.

Hmm, I'm in a good mood.

"Minjie!"

That voice was undoubtedly from Ning, and she abruptly hooked her arm around my neck, causing me to stumble. I huffed and gave her a light headbutt in return.

Ning glared at me, "That hurt!" she playfully took off my hood and walked ahead of me.

"You're once again lucky that I'm in a good mood," I snickered while fixing my hair.

Ning turned to look at me, "Well—— What the ?"

In a flash, Ning approached me, placed both hands on my shoulders, and stuck her eyes on me. I didn't have any reactions and merely stared at her with perplexity in my pupils.

She was probably shocked seeing my hairstyle.

Ning cupped my cheeks, "Pretty Minjie from high school?!"

Her voice echoed through the hallways, which made the passersby look at us weirdly. It was unbearable for me. So I rolled my eyes before distancing myself away from Ning. I then hastily put my hood back over my head.

"My mom," I muttered.

Ning clasped her hands, "Thank you auntie for bringing back such sight-"

I covered , "Overreacting!"

Examining the hallways, I couldn't help but notice a lot of stares directed at me... Damn it, Ning!

I removed my hand from , "I didn't have any choice..."

Ning stood in front of me, covering while gazing at me as if she were about to cry. I get it, it's been years since I got a decent haircut, but I think I will get a headache sooner or later... I held my forehead.

"It's like going back in time," Ning nodded.

"Mhm," I hummed in disinterest.

A second later, Aeri and Ms. Goddess appeared in my sight, making my situation even more bothersome. I took a deep breath, tucking my hands into my hoodie's pockets, and then embraced myself for what was about to come.

As soon as Aeri noticed both of our figures, she came running towards us like a cheerful puppy. Instinctively, I glanced at Ms. Goddess and saw her looking at me.

Eventually, we met eyes, causing us both to look away. The thought of last night's happenings suddenly popped up inside my mind. Since then, the temperature between the two of us had risen.

It oddly got warmer.

Arriving next to Aeri, Ms. Goddess crossed her arms and stood silent. She looked flawless with her fit and flare-knitted skirts. The combination of rust and white looked elegant. Anyone might confuse her for a noble lady at this point.

"Oh!" Aeri leaned her head a bit closer to me, which made me back away, "Don't you look prettier, or is it just me?" she gasped.

She's quick, huh.

I shrugged while fixing my glasses, "Nothing."

Aeri grinned, "You should have more confidence in yourself, you know? You're deadly pretty!" she complimented while Ning nodded in agreement.

I sighed, "Thanks... but I don't plan on gaining more attention."

Ning chuckled, "Of course."

"So why have we gathered here again?" Jimin asked, disregarding the topic.

"Oh right!" Ning cleared , "You guys heard that we're having PE?"

I raised my brows, "Come again?"

Aeri nodded excitedly, "Our department's going to have PE together! Isn't that great?!"

"Bye."

I took a step forward. However, I couldn't take another step. The slight weight I felt on my back kept me from going forward.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ning was gripping the back of my hoodie.

"To skip?"

"How about your perfect attendance?"

"I think I'm going to have diar-"

Ning chuckled, "Minjie... you're as healthy as a well-fed pig." she let go of her hand.

I pursed my lips in defeat, turning around to face the three girls. I want to run away. I swear, but Ning would probably chase and drag me to class even if I did.

This was the only "better" option.

Aeri giggled, "Why are you distancing yourself away from us?"

"Uh, hello?"

Looking around, the three of them were attracting the eyes of many. But today, those favorable gazes turn into ones full of envy. Not only that. They were directed at me. I could also feel angry glares among them.

"The three of you are the center of attention," I sighed.

"Not our fault we're pretty," Ning shrugged.

I could only scoff at them and turn to walk away from them towards the changing room. I should really be avoiding them— wait, on second thought, maybe I should hide from them.

"Where are you going now?!" Ning half-yelled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter