17 | good luck

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's bad news... try not to get too close to him."

Tilting my head, I stared at Karina confusingly.

Earlier she was just messing with me, now she's telling me how Win was bad news, and clearly, he doesn't look like it... well, is he?

I'm not sure anymore, there are a lot of things I don't know about them. Though since Win told me that he's a classmate of hers, then maybe?

I couldn't be that certain.

"Doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah... never mind." Karina crossed her arms in thought, "What did you two talk about?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Just because..."

"Just because?"

"...I'm jealous?"

I maintained my poker face and approached her, flicking her forehead. She hissed quietly in pain, rubbing her forehead with a pout.

"What was that for?"

"You don't need to be jealous, you have a boyfriend."

"I can't just ditch him... I have a reason."

Strangely, she whispered the last part, and knowing her— if I asked, she probably wouldn't tell me anything. So, let's not do that.

"You don't have to ditch him or anything though, I don't hold any feelings for you so no worries."

She stared at me with disappointed eyes.

"I know you still kind of hate me and all but... I can't help it, after all, I've been trying to reach out to you all of those years."

"And made me hate you even more."

Karina pursed her lips, "When will you be comfortable around me? Funny how you're the one who's cold now."

"Then you know how I feel now, right?"

"Is that supposed to be a payback?"

"Now that you thought about that... maybe?"

"Absolutely, I wish that I could hate you."

I snickered at the thought as she had this pouty face for a while now, and I have to admit it... anyone would soften seeing this. Not me though.

"You see, I'm still compiling all of the things that just happened... Yes I forgave you and everything's settled now, but this isn't some kind of drama."

Putting my hand on her shoulder, I gave it a soft squeeze before walking away. Karina walked to my side, pacing my speed as we both went down the stairs.

"It's not like suddenly after all of those ty things, I'd be fine right? That's just irrational and unrealistic... cliche perhaps. If I made you feel bad about it then please accept my apologies, I grew scared of some particular things."

"What should I do?"

"Hm?"

"To have you take another step."

While walking, I gripped onto my bag's strap. That's when I realized that we were already outside of the library, standing in front of the entrance.

"Nothing... do nothing."

Karina sighed and simply nodded, she didn't speak any further as we both stood in front of the entrance in silence.

"Guys!"

Ning abruptly appeared in between us, breaking off the silence, and hooked her arms around our shoulders.

"What's for lunch?" she asked.

"You two wanna grab some burgers?" Aeri followed.

"I thought that you wouldn't bother me for a week."

"Yeah? But of course, that doesn't apply here on campus!" Ning wrapped her arms around me to hug me, "I can't just ignore you!"

"And you can't stop bringing attention."

I looked around the surroundings, finding out that a lot of students passing by were looking our way. So not being able to take that in, I slid away and put my hood over my head.

"Furthermore, I can't come with you three... I already had plans."

"What's that? That's rar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter