48 | a story to be told

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「Let me tell you a story of a fat boy who decided to do better in his life the moment he fell for this girl who was so determined to play kendo!

Yeaaaarrrss ago, high schooler Sicheng was watching a tv series about a samurai inside of his room. He found out that it had something to do with kendo and kenjutsu, so he used his wealth to buy the equipment and began learning it.

Sicheng was so into the sport that he began losing weight, though one time... his father who was so unstable and addicted to illegal things noticed the changes and questioned him— me.

The father was so against it and suggested he go and study instead for the family's sake. Sicheng was about to give up everything and obey, but his sister... Jimin suddenly interfered and told the man to back off and let him do what he wants...

...Jimin did the same for her other brothers, volunteering to do whatever her father wished so they could enjoy their lives like normal people. Away from the rich and strict life, saying that she had no other purpose so it was the only thing she can do with her life.

We were so against it! But she was so persistent... insisting... telling us brothers to not mind it and focus on our own lives.

So eventually, we gave in and didn't bother with Jimin's plans.

Well, everything started to change the very moment Jimin disappeared from her home and was nowhere to be seen for twenty-four hours.

And when she came back home, her brothers fell into deep worry as they witnessed their dear sister filled with bruises and cuts on her arms... bleeding.

It was weird.

She was smiling. Telling her brothers how she met someone interesting, having the same thoughts of wanting to die and helped her not continue killing herself.

The brothers were still worried but relieved that their sister was safe.

Fast forward...

Jimin once looked lifeless every day, usually shutting herself inside her room until her father calls her to do something. Began to change, in a very good way.

Day by day, she became brighter and was getting prettier. When she comes home, a faint smile was always evident on her face.

That's when one of her brothers thought; Ahhh... she must be in love.

Sicheng was the first to get this information from one of his brothers and approached his sister's room to ask about that matter, only to notice how her door was slightly open.

He didn't mean to peek, but his curiosity got to him, and did it anyway. When he took a peek, he saw Jimin who was looking through the recordings of some camera and heard the words;

You're going to compete in this upcoming tournament? Kendo?!

Pfft, you know... I can't believe that my curiosity rose even more and ended up attending the tournament... and that was the moment I saw you for the very first time.

Then Sicheng fell in love almost instantly, not by first sight, but by first match.

Her skills for the sport gave Sicheng a huge boost of determination and urged him to do better... so he did!

He felt guilty knowing these feelings as he knew this girl was the person his sister loves. So he shrugged them away and decided to just become a fan and watch her every match, practicing his own to play the sport in the thought of one day having a match with this girl.

Spoiler alert! He did, even won too!

I wanted to spend it with just the two of us, really. But... the thought of me leaving abroad just kicked my , ya know? So I decided to use that date as an opportunity to spend the whole day with my best gaming buddies!

Moving on... Back to Sicheng's sister, Jimin— she was supposed to meet someone after the tournament.

However, after a word came out back at home and the siblings' father overheard that his daughter was in love with a girl.

He abruptly decided to forcefully transfer Jimin abroad and leave the moment she takes a step inside our home and takes the bait.

The brothers couldn't do anything but watch their sister escape, only to get knocked out near her high school and be taken inside the car toward the airport.

Annnddd that's when I started to follow you if I ever see you randomly on the streets or whatever.

Don't worry, I wasn't stalking. I swear! I just erm... helping behind the scenes... yeah!

Like hey, it worked, right? I saved you from those sick bastards. Mannn, I really outdid myself at the time— Right, this is getting hard... so I'll talk in first person.」

      Win cleared his throat.

「Then after a few months, I suddenly just thought of in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter