Comforting A Friend

Forgotten

 

Hanging up the phone, Toma couldn’t help but wonder what was going on with Jiyong.  All she wanted to do was just hop on the next plane back to Korea, and just spend all of her time with him.  Sitting on the edge of the bed, she didn’t hear Daesung come in.  He walked over and sat down next to her.  Placing an arm around her shoulder, Daesung asked, “Is everything alright?  And don’t you dare lie to me either.  You know very well I can tell when you’re lying.”


Sighing, Toma knew he was right.  He could always tell when Jiyong had done or said something stupid to make her upset, or when she was overworked, or depressed.  She had known Daesung the longest out of all the members.  He was actually how she got introduced to YG Entertainment.  Sure she had listened to Big Bang before, and other Kpop artist, but he was the reason she ended up working under them.


They had been the best of friends for years, and in all honesty, and as sad as it was, Daesung probably knew her better than Jiyong did.  “Well, I think Jiyong is, well,” she didn’t quite know how to phrase it.  “It’s more of a gut feeling than anything else that he’s hiding something from me.  Something’s up, I at least know that much.  He sounded really off on the phone, and I know it was more than him just being tired.  I know how he is when he’s tired, and that wasn’t it.”


Pulling her into a hug, Daesung told her, “Don’t worry.  Whatever it is, I’m sure if it’s something big, T.o.P. Hyung has it under control.  We had to leave at least one person there with Jiyong right?  I know if somethings wrong, T.o.P. will take care of it.”


“Thanks Dae,” Toma said hugging him back.


Pulling back, Daesung noticed a small tear forming in her eyes.  Wiping it away, he told her, “Baby don’t cry, okay?  I don’t need to start singing do I?”  He chuckled at his own cheesiness.


“You dork,” she said playfully pushing him.


“Oh come on,” he pretended to pout, “you know I wouldn’t be any fun if I wasn’t!”


Hugging him again, “I know,” she giggled.  “I wouldn’t want my Oppa any other way,” she beamed at him.  A moment passed before Toma looked up to see Daesung smiling gently at her.  Smiling back, she gave him a light peck on the cheek, “Thank you for always being there when I needed you Oppa.  You’re a good friend.”


Pulling her back into the hug, he could feel his face heating up, “Thanks Toma.”


“Hey Toma!  We’re going swimming-,” Seungri cut himself off when he noticed what he walked into.  Awkwardly shutting the door, he shouted from behind it, “Well whenever you guys are done doing whatever it is that you’re doing, meet us down at the pool.  They have a waterslide!”  And with that they could both hear Seungri run down the hall like a little child for the pool.


Laughing, Toma got up, “Alright well looks like we better change.”


“Yeah, we better not miss this,” Daesung rolled his eyes as he walked towards the door.  Opening it, he paused for a second, “You gonna be alright?”


“Mhmhh,” Toma nodded as she gathered he swimsuit.  “Alright not shoo!  I need to change!”  Chucking Daesung left to go change himself.