The Kiss

Forgotten

Toma didn’t want to get up the next day.  All she wanted to do was lay in bed and think, maybe fall in and out of sleep here and there.  But Youngbae convinced her otherwise.  He told her that maybe if they visited him, Jiyong would get his memory back.  That was motive enough for her to get up at eight that morning considering she was just about as hard to get up as her boyfriend, if not harder.

Walking into the room Jiyong instantly perked up.  He didn’t remember much about Toma, but just the sight of her made his whole day better.  “Hey there,” he said pulling Toma closer.  Blushing a bit Toma wanted to pull away, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it.  When she was just sitting there thinking she felt like what he did last night was just because she showed him the picture, and that he was just trying to make her feel a little better.

Toma didn’t want to force him into anything because this may be his only chance to start over if he wanted to.  She didn’t want to take his will to love someone else if he didn’t truly love her anymore.

“Hi,” she forced out.

“So, how’s it going?  Anything come back to you last night?”  Seungri asked while holding Mae’s hand.  Everyone had come to see him that day.  It was the first time that either Mika or Mae had seen him since the wreck, and everyone wanted to make sure that they didn’t have about the same reaction that Toma did, and to make sure that Toma didn’t have another break down in front of him.

“I’m feeling fine.  It’s just I can’t remember much, and I feel sorta bad for not remembering you guys,” Jiyong told them looking down at the floor.  He really did feel bad, and he wanted to remember but he just couldn’t.  A lot of things were fuzzy.  “If you guys wouldn’t mind.  Can you explain some things?  Like what I did for a job, or like who you guys are.”

Sitting down everyone explained a lot.  It took almost two and a half hours, with everyone interrupting Seunghyun with their funny stories.  “Wow, I’m that big of a celebrity?  I can’t believe it,” Jiyong sat back in shock.  He squeezed Toma’s hand, “Well out of all the girls I could have chosen, I’m glad that I chose you.”

Just then Youngbae got up, nodded to the rest of the members, and walked out.  The others understood and got up to follow, leaving Toma and Jiyong alone.  Sighing Toma knew that they left her alone with him so that she could tell him about them, and see if she couldn’t help him remember anything.

Jiyong just looked at her questioningly.  Still holding her hand he squeezed it a bit, “What’s wrong?”

Toma couldn’t bring herself to look at him.  She just couldn’t.  Not knowing whether it was because she didn’t want to see him and probably start crying again, or from what she thought the kiss was about yesterday she just couldn’t bring herself to look him in the eyes.  Seeing this Jiyong just moved closer to the edge of the bed and brushed the red bangs back out of her face and put his forehead to hers.  Finally looking in his eyes she couldn’t hold the tears back and she just began to cry.

Wrapping their arms around each other they just stayed like that for a while until Toma calmed down.  Pulling away from the hug just a little bit Jiyong looked at her and smiled a genuine smile.  Speaking barely above a whisper Toma struggled to ask the question that had been nagging at her since they had left the hospital yesterday, “Jiyong?”

“Hm?”  He looked at her and saw her now tear stained face.  All he really wanted to do at that point was just kiss her and hug her again, to tell her that everything was going to be alright even if he didn’t really know what was going to happen.  In this moment it was almost like he was falling in love with her all over again.

Almost forcing the words out Toma asked, “Ji, why did you do that yesterday?”

Looking at her confused he didn’t really understand what she was asking, “What exactly do you mean?”

“The kiss Jiyong.  After I showed you the locket you gave to me, you kissed me.  I want to know why you did that.  The last thing I want right now is for you to feel like you have to love me even though-,” Jiyong cut her off with another kiss.  Letting her eyes shut close she kissed back.

Finally when they each pulled away gasping for the oxygen they both so desperately needed Jiyong smiled at her, “I did it because I remembered that night.  How I felt, everything about that one night when you showed it to me.  But for me, most important of all is I remembered how much I loved you and how I still do.  I want to remember more, and I want to do it with you.”

Toma looked back at Jiyong with a smile on her face to match his.  She knew he wasn’t just saying any of that either.  It was in his eyes that he told the truth.  When she leaned in and gave him a quick kiss that’s when the door opened and Seunghyun walked in, “Whoa guys,” he joked slightly covering his eyes.  Peeking back he told them, “Don’t go getting anything started in the hospital there!  Save it for your guys’ room, I mean since Jiyong seems to remember you well enough.”

Toma just stuck her tongue out at him a little and asked, “Is there any real reason you came in here?”

“Yeah, we need to go now.  We’ll be back later though OK?”  With that Seunghyun walked out of the room.

Sighing Toma got up and smiled at Jiyong, “Well it looks like I’ve got to go.  I’ll see you later though alright?”  Jiyong just smiled back at her and nodded.  Still holding her hand though he pulled her down a bit and gave her a quick kiss goodbye and waved her off.



Back in the car with everyone else they questioned Toma what all had happened when they left, and on if Jiyong had remembered anything else.  Although Seunghyun interrupted them with their questions with what he walked in on.  At that everyone just kind of laughed a little, it wasn’t really they were laughing at Toma so much as they were happy that their friend started to regain his memory, but they didn’t expect that from either of them so soon.

Toma just kind of blushed a little bit and scooched down in her seat.  Staring out the window of the car she answered everyone’s question, “Yeah, he remembers the night he asked me out at the fair.”  She just smiled to herself at the thought that just a little picture could have brought Jiyong back at least a little bit.  The craziest part to her though, was that he said he still loved her even though he couldn’t really remember much other than that night of her.

The rest of the ride everyone was quiet, but it wasn’t an awkward silence at all.  It was more everyone was absorbed in their own thoughts to even really speak, but everyone was happy that their friend was getting at least some of his memory back.  Especially Toma.