Remembering A Fantasy Night

Forgotten

Kicking the sand, Daesung couldn’t believe he had scared her off like that.  Walking slowly with his hands in his pockets, he made his way back to the restaurant.  The remnants of Toma’s taste lingered.  Everything just seemed perfect to him in that moment that they shared a kiss.  Sparks flew like Daesung had never felt before.  He wanted to relive the moment again.

 

It was just after the kiss that got to him.  Her reaction.  He didn’t know what to make of it.  Sure he had pushed his boundaries, but still, maybe there was a chance that there was something there for her too.  She had to have kissed back for a reason, right?

 

Making his way back to the dorm, well he didn’t even bother with calling a taxi, or a driver.  He wanted to be on his own for a bit.  There was no way he could hide from his feelings anymore, and if there was any time that he would have time to sort out everything, it was now.  How did he really feel about Toma?  Was she his best friend? Or was she turning into more?

 

All he could seem to notice on his way home was the happy couples roaming the streets, that were beautifully and romantically lit.  As he looked around, all he wanted right there and then was to be with Toma, laughing happily.  To be able to give her a peck on the cheek.  Feeling himself blush a bit, he pushed on back towards the hotel.

 

Leaning against a pole as he waited for the light to turn, Daesung closed his eyes.  There she was, standing before him on the beach.  Her eyes lit up so wonderfully as they danced together.  Their movements completely in sync with one another.  The way her face glowed in the moonlight, everything about her just seemed so perfect to him.  Of course he knew very well she wasn’t, he had been there for her when she was depressed, seen her at her worst, her best, and most heartbreaking moments.  Even though he had seen all of that, he still loved her along with all of her flaws.

 

They seemed to be what made her perfect the most.  Not that fact that she was beautiful, or had a dazzling smile, it was her imperfections that he knew of, and that she was still human too.  The light had turned green a while ago, and yet he just stood there against the pole.  His eyes still shut as he thought of her.  Nothing could make his heart beat faster, or his face feel redder than thinking of her.

 

Finally after about twenty minutes of loitering at the light, he realized where he actually was.  Standing up right, he quickly made his way across the street, and finally back on his way to the hotel.  Wondering what he should say to her, Daesung kept trying to practice a speech, like a middle school boy asking out his crush.  Nothing seemed right though.

 

Although, there was the fact on if he was going to see her that night too.  Maybe she had already gone to bed?  Nah, she always liked to stay up late.  Even so, he still figured he should probably wait until the next day to say anything to her.  Sighing, he made his way to his room that he shared with Youngbae and Seungri.

 

Just before he opened his door, he could hear the girls giggling and laughing one room over.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves.  Especially Toma.  He could hear her adorable laugh, which she hated, but just the fact that she was laughing made him smile.  Daesung knew she was at least alright.  Making his way into the room, he just decided to get ready for bed.

 

As he entered the room though, he saw Youngbae and Seungri sitting on the bed that sat right in front of the TV.  They seemed to be watching some old action film.  Trying to ignore the loud crashing, screams, and gunfire, Daesung walked towards the bathroom to wash his face, and get changed.  Before he could though, Seungri paused the video, and called out to him.  “Hey Hyung!”

 

Stopping mid walk, and not facing him, Daesung replied, “Wh-what?”

 

“I heard what happened with you and Toma, she explained it all on the way back.  Why would you do that?  You didn’t even tell her what happened with Jiyong yet either!”  He said slightly frustrated as he popped some popcorn into his mouth.  Throwing some at Youngbae, who had his mouth open to catch it, Seungri waited patiently for an answer from his Hyung.

 

“Oh that,” Daesung turned around slightly, only half facing his two friends.  He couldn’t face Seungri either, how was he supposed to face Toma?  Well, he’d get to that later.  Right now, he had to figure out what to say to his maknae.  “Right, about that,” he kept stuttering, “It’s just, I was going to tell her, but I just, I don’t know.  Something just seemed right about the moment, I did try to bring it up, but I couldn’t ruin her perfect mood like that.”

 

“So you kissed her?”  Seungri asked not satisfied with his Hyung’s answer.

 

“Wait!”  Youngbae interrupted.  “You kissed Toma?  When did this happen?”

 

“Earlier this evening,”  Seungri replied not taking his eyes off of Daesung.

 

“I know, I know it was a stupid move, but guys, she kissed back!”  He was now facing them fully.

 

“What!”  Both other the other boys cried out together.  Accidentally knocking over the bowl of popcorn, Seungri practically jumped up off the bed.

 

“Yeah,” Daesung said blushing just a little while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“So she kissed back?”  Seungri was wide eyed in awe.

 

“How long did the kiss last?”  Youngbae fired another question without giving Daesung time to respond.

 

“Was there any tongue?”  Seungri raised an eyebrow.

 

“What about a spark?”  Youngbae butted in again.

 

Laughing Daesung couldn’t keep up.  They were acting like giddy twelve year old girls who had never had their first kiss.  “Well before you can fire anymore questions at me, yes she kissed back, and it lasted about maybe a couple minutes.”

 

“What about the spark?  Ow!”  Youngbae was elbowed by Seungri sharply.  “And tongue?”  Youngbae rolled his eyes as he quickly added that last part.

 

Sighing a bit, Daesung couldn’t help but relive the fantasy like kiss all over again.  Falling back onto one of the beds, he sighed.  “Yeah there was a spark like I never felt before.”  He remained silent for a little while, but then realized that Seungri was staring at him with an eyebrow raised.  Laughing, he told him, “Yes, there was plenty of tongue.”


Seungri began to smirk all the way from ear to ear.  Seeing this, Daesung threw a pillow from his bed at the maknae.  Trying not to laugh, Seungri innocently asked, “What?”  As the rest of the night ensued prodding Daesung for details about the night, and watching the movie that remained paused for so long; and eventually picking up the popcorn that fell on the floor.