- 07

Minjeong’s Life Tapestry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Third Person POV]

 

Three weeks went by tortuously for Minjeong, as if the time was crawling in slow-mo. She woke up only to do the same dreary routine over and over again. 

 

It got to the point na nasusuka siya to repeat the same routine, her morning sickness was insufferable in those three weeks.

 

Even laying on the bed felt like a burden or simply looking at the TV, she never thought a day would come na pati ang phone niya nakakaboring.  

 

Her sensitivity towards food worsens as well, just a whiff of a certain food or looking at it triggers an urge to vomit.

 

She felt bad for the maids and Karina’s parents for having the need to accommodate her condition, though they reassured her na hindi naman ito bother sa kanila.  

 

Karina’s mother or now she refers as Tita Yna was insanely worried for her condition, Karina’s mother explained that she has never experienced this kind of difficulty even as a mother of five children kaya hindi niya alam anong tulong ang mabibigay niya kay Minjeong. 

 

So they thought of the best solution and it was to call for Dr. Mendez and to get Minjeong checked up.

 

“Minjeong is overall healthy and so is her baby,” the doctor announced, earning a sigh of relief from the crowd around her, Karina’s parents, and the maids behind. 

 

“So, doctora, what’s the problem?” tanong ng ina ni Karina while Karina’s father shared the same curious gaze with his wife. 

 

“I would say this is more about her mental state,” Dr. Mendez continued, earning a lot of frowns, “Hija, you look distressed, is there anything bothering you?” Dr. Mendez asked Minjeong directly. 

 

The young mother bit her lower lips unconsciously, a habit she does when she wants to say something but contemplates. She didn’t want to complain when everything was served to her on a golden plate. 

 

Nang hindi siya sumagot nagpatuloy si Dr. Mendez sa pagsasalita, “It’s understandable to confine yourself for safety purposes but you need to step out once in a while, hija. For now, it’s not affecting your health and the baby but if this continues for the whole pregnancy it wouldn’t be good.”

 

Dr. Mendez turned to the old couple who were listening attentively, “She needs natural sunlight and simple exercises, especially interacting with other people since it can be emotionally challenging for her,” the old couple nodded their heads eagerly in understanding. 

 

“That’s all I can advise you, hija. Hindi mo naman kailangan ng gamot or ano man, just change your routine, okay? Move around, a simple walk outside once a day can help you,” Dr. Mendez started fixing her things, “Mauna na ako, I’ll see you next week for the DNA test, hija."

 

After a few discussions, the old couple walked the doctor out of the house. 

 

Habang nanatili si Minjeong sa living room, her personal maid, Ate Robi, immediately approached her, “Ma’am, kamusta po kayo?” 

 

Minjeong wore a small smile on her lips and leaned her body on the couch, “Need ko daw po ng change of routine,” sabi niya habang naka-pikit.  

 

She was able to create a friendly relationship with the maids in the house, a lot of them indulged her in a conversation but unfortunately, hindi palagi kasi may mga gawain sila na kailangan taposin.

 

Even Ning couldn’t talk to her all the time dahil may pasok pa siya.

 

When Ate Robi left her to get her afternoon merienda, she heard footsteps approaching. She didn’t bother opening her eyelids and continued to enjoy the tranquillity of the living room.

 

Hanggang naramdam niya ang paglubog ng left side ng couch, umayos ng upo si Minjeong tsaka minulat ang mga mata.  

 

“Hey.” 

 

Minjeong sat there frozen, it had been a while since she heard her voice much less see her face, “Karina?” 

 

“That’s me,” ngumiti si Karina, “What’s up? I saw Dr. Mendez talking to my parents outside, did something happen?” concern was evident on the woman’s face. 

 

Before nakasagot si Minjeong, dumating ang mga magulang ni Karina at binati ang anak nila.

 

Bumeso si Karina sa mga magulang niya, "Napabisita ka, ‘nak?” tanong ng ama niya. 

 

Umupo silang mag-asawa sa harap nila Karina at Minjeong.   

 

“Just to check how things are, especially Minjeong,” Karina quickly glanced at the woman beside her, “Why was Dr. Mendez here, Pa?” 

 

Ang ina naman ni Karina ang sumagot, “It was about Minjeong’s condition, she wasn’t feeling well.” 

 

Karina averted her head to Minjeong’s direction, worry obvious on her face again, “What happened? Are you okay?” she asked, tone matching her face. 

 

“Y-Yeah,” Minjeong wasn’t certain what to answer, so she looked at Karina’s parents, asking for aid to explain the situation to their daughter. 

 

After all, she was still shocked by Karina’s presence. Their last interaction was Karina’s last visit which was when they went back to the city together three weeks ago, additionally 'yung hindi niya pagreply sa message ng babae.  

 

She felt oddly happy, hindi na niya damdam ang tampo from last time.

 

Once Karina’s parents finished telling their daughter the situation before she arrived, the woman looked at Minjeong, the same concerned expression not leaving her face. 

 

“You should’ve told them your condition,” Karina said. 

 

Minjeong squirmed in her seat, she found her situation uneasy. She thought she didn’t have any right to complain.

 

Not to mention they hadn't confirmed that the child she was bearing was a Yu, kahit alam niya naman kay Gabin ito, ayaw niya lang magmukhang makapa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter