Run Away

A Fangirl's Diary 2: Your Promise

 

 

[A/N: Long time no update, eh? Well, here it is~~]

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

 

[ SHINAH’s POV ]

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did you do that? You don’t have to do that.” Sehun told me calmly but I know he’s pissed off. I heaved a very deep sigh and closed my eyes.

I told him about the audition. The diary. The things that I wrote there. Hyejin Unnie. Everything. And I don’t know which one he is pissed about.

 

“I-Im sorry, Sehun. I did that because I was desperate. All of them thinks that I have no talent at all.. Which is.. well, actually true. And---“

 

“Shhh. Stop.” He held me on his arms and hugged me. “You have talent, okay? And whatever you did, I still love you. Remember that I loved Max Seong. The girl that was bullied by my friend before. Not Shinah who is desperate to debut and to have talent.”

 

I smiled and tears suddenly welled up on my eyes. I am so lucky. I am so thankful. I am so blessed.

 

“Thank you so much, Sehun. I don’t know what to do without you. I auditioned because your Mom would like me if I’m an idol.”

 

“Where did you get that idea from? She’ll like you, okay? Just be yourself. That’s enough. I want her to see who the real Shinah is.”

 

“Arasseo. :)”

 

“Oh, and by the way. We’ll be having a welcome party for my Mom tomorrow night. I want you to come.”

 

“Welcome party? I’d love to.”

 

“Okay, I’ll fetch you tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Okay. I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

I nervously took a very deep sigh as I look at my reflection at the mirror. I don’t know why but I am so nervous. I wore an elegant black dress with sequins on the chest part. I smiled, everything will be alright.

My phone suddenly rang. The number calling was unregistered.

 

“Hello?” I answered the call.

 

“Hello? May I speak to Max Seong?” The voice of the man said.

 

“Speaking.”

 

“Max… This is your dad…” The moment he said those words, I literally froze. Dad?

 

“What… do you want?” I sighed heavily between words. It has been a long time… I don’t even remember what his face looks like.

 

“Your mom… She died. Just last week. Before she died, she told me to find you.” My mom died… I felt sorry, yes. But I never felt pain. Why is that so?

 

“Send them my condolences…”

 

“No, Max. Your mom left her last will and testament. The lawyer will never want to open it without you there.”

 

“You want me to go there?”

 

“As soon as possible, Max. It’s in China. I know things have been so hard for you. And your mom is deeply sorry for that. But I hope you’d make up your mind and go there. Call me anytime you want. I’ll fix your flight.” I hung up. Why do they even need me to be there? Is my presence there really important?

 

~

 

 

 

I went down the moment I finished fixing myself.  I deeply sighed again. I saw Sehun waiting for me, smiling. He looks handsome wearing his tux.

 

“Let’s go?” He asked, I smiled in response.

 

The whole car ride was silent. I never spoke. My mind is somewhere in… China. What my dad told me never left my mind. What would I do? My life here in Korea was not that stable anymore. Should I give it a chance? Should I try my luck on China? But how about Sehun? EXO? And the rest of my friends here? I honestly don’t know what to do.

 

“Are you okay?” I was snapped back to the reality. Sehun slipped his hands on mine.

I just smiled.

 

“You can tell me everything, Shinah.”

 

“I’m alright…” I don’t want to burden Sehun about how drastic and complicated my life is.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

We reached the hall. People were busy having chats and laughs. The venue was really grand. How can just a welcome party be this big?

 

Sehun found our table and left me for a while as he talked to the other guests.

 

“Shinah? Is that you?” Sehun’s mom suddenly appeared in front of me.

 

“Ah, yes, Ma’am.” I bowed and gave respect.

 

“Can we talk? Follow me.” And I did as what she said until we reached the not so crowded part of the hall.

 

“How is your relationship with my son going?” She asked.

 

“We’re very fine, Ma’am.”

 

“That’s nice to hear. And how about your job as a waitress? Have you found another job?”

 

“I haven’t yet, Ma’am. I tried auditioning again in SM but… I failed.” I frowned.

 

“Is that so? *sigh.* You know that I really like you, Shinah… I would be so happy if my son could marry you someday. But I need someone with stable and decent job. You see, our family is not just an ordinary family. We own a group of companies. And if I am one of those selfish moms, I would’ve insisted the CEO position on Sehun but since he really likes performing, I supported him. This is the only gift he could give to me. A good girlfriend. Because the girls he date will reflect in the companies’ image. I really like you for my son, Shinah. But not now… Please, disappear from his sight until you found a decent job.” She went away.

 

I was dazed for a while. I never thought that Sehun’s mom can be this… mean when it comes to business. This is how people with lower status in life gets humiliated.

 

I walked back to our table, hoping to see Sehun somewhere. I’m really not in the good mood. I need to go home.

 

I happen to pass by a garden. I looked there and saw Sehun and Tia, hugging each other. I smiled a bitter one. What’s with this day? Why is everything is screwing up? I sighed. They probably just settled their feelings for each other as friends. Yes, that may be the reason.

 

I went to the bathroom first. I fixed my makeup.

 

When I came out of the CR, I saw Sehun talking to a group of young ladies.

I was about to approach me when…

 

“Sehun-ah, we saw that girl with you a while ago. Is she your girlfriend?”

 

“Her? She’s not my girlfriend….” I ran away before Sehun even finished his statement.

 

What happened tonight was enough. I cried as I ran away with anyone noticing.

Why is my life like this? When will everything stop?

 

I went home, changed my clothes and removed my makeup. I packed my bags and went out.

I held my phone and called Dad, “I’m going. This midnight. I need a ticket for two…”

 

 “Right away.” He said and hung up.

 

I love Sehun. God knows how much I do. So I came up with this decision… If he really loves me, he’ll come with me.

 

I texted Sehun, “At the bus station to Incheon Airport. I’ll wait for you. I’ll let you explain. Run away with me…”

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Please do comment and subscribe~~ Upvotes are accepted too!

The end is near~~ I can feel it! Thanks to all who held on with me through out this story~~