I Can See What You're Trying To Do.

Effervescent.
        

       -Your POV-        

       I was sitting in my seat beside Yoseob and staring at my pen when Hyunseung walked in. I was about to wave at him but he avoided my gaze. My hand fell back onto the desk as I watched him sit down in his seat.         

       Yoseob held my hand and pouted. Aigoo, he's still the cute Yoseob I know. I raised my eyebrow at him and he giggled. "Renee-yah, you seem very distracted! Am I not cute enough for you?" he asked and pouted even more. I chuckled at his cuteness and pinched his cheeks. "No oppa! You're the cuteset boyfriend anyone would ever wanna have!" He grinned and pecked my lips. I heard a groan and looked behind, Junhyung was staring at us disapprovingly. "GET A ROOM PLEASE!" He yelled. The rest of the boys sniggered and I stuck out my tongue at them. I stole a glance at Hyunseung, he was looking at me with a blank expression. I smiled, but he simply looked away.         

       Yoseob was making me laugh for the whole lesson, earning glares from the teacher and attention from our classmates. I can't help it; he's too funny and adorable!         

               

       -Hyunseung's POV-        

       She kept laughing happily throughout the whole lesson with Yoseob. I haven't seen her so happy in a long while. But once she was back with Yoseob, her laughter became the most common sound I heard.        

       I'm really glad that she's happy. My sacrifice wasn't in vain.         

       After school had ended, she walke over to my table and watched as I packed. When I was about to leave, she held onto my arm.        

       "Oppa, wanna have lunch together?" she asked.        

       Rinny, I'd love to. I really do.        

       I gave her a confused look and asked, "Aren't you having lunch with Yoseob or something?" I asked. She shook her head and smiled weakly. "Oppa has something going on.. So do you wanna come?"        

       Yes, I'd be happy to. Let's go to our ice cream shop.        

       "No thanks. I'm heading home for lunch." I said and gave her a small smile. Before I left the class, she called out to me.         

       "Hyunseung oppa... I know what you're trying to do. I understand. You're not fooling anyone here, especially me. I just want you to know that you're still my best friend."         

       I turned back and flashed her a big (fake) grin before I stormed off. While I was in my car, all my bottled up frustration leaked out. Renee, I still love you no matter how cold I treat you. It's killing me to reject your offer because I don't wanna fall any deeper, knowing I won't get your heart. I don't wana risk being in pain. I'm so sorry for being this way..        

       And Rinny, you're also the best friend I ever had, and you still are, even though I don't show it. You're the best I never had. I still love you, I still love you with all my heart.         

               

       -Your POV-        

       I watched as Hyunseung oppa rushed out of class. I feel so empty. I know he's avoiding me. I can feel it. He's distancing himself away from me and I can't do anything...         

       I walked out of school and inhaled the cool breeze. Then I saw a couple walking by with ice cream in their hands. Then I remembered something...        

       "Seungie! GIVE IT A TRY!! COME ON, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT, I PROMISE!" I said as I tried to feed him with the Vanilla ice cream. He didn't like how vanilla was too sweet, and he kept refusing me.        

       We were in our icecream shop having ice cream, but it was no fun because he stuck to his chocolate mint icecream. Finally, after much persuasion, he decided to take a bite of vanilla icecream. He made a funny face and immediately grabbed the water on the table and drank it. He drank so fast that he choked and started coughing. I couldn't hold my laughter as his face turned crimson red.        

       "YAH! This is all your fault!" he said while grabbing my icecream. "And you still have the guts to laugh?!" I laughed even louder when I heard that. He got mad and painted my nose with the icecream. And everytime I tried to wipe it off, he'd put more on my face. Everyone thought we were crazy, but we had so much fun teasing and laughing at each other.        

       I stopped in front of the shop. It still looked new. People were enjoying the nice decor and delicious icecream inside. Unconsciously, a tear fell as I looked at where we used to sit; by the window, looking out at the park. I can even imagine us playing and talking to each other. But he's not here.        

       Why don't I feel happy that I'm back with Yoseob? That is the only thing I've ever wanted.. I need to talk to someone...        

       "Hello?"         

       "Erm... Can we meet up?" I asked softly.        

       "Yeah okay! Where do you wanna meet me?"        

       "The Cafe near my house?"         

       "Okay, sure! See you!"        

               

       I hope I can really find an answer to my questions and doubts. Then I can just let this slide and carry on with my life - right?      

               

======================================        

       A/N: Please comment and subscribe~ ^^