Fight For Her.

Effervescent.
        

       -Your POV-        

       I can't believe Yoseob wants me back.. After all that he's said to me, after all that he'd done. He just came running to me and told me that he was sorry and he was wrong? And everyone knew.        

       People were giving me sympathetic stares and some people even walked up to me and said, "Renee, you are a strong girl, Hwaiting!" I didn't want all this empathy. I didn't need any. All I needed was to clear my mind.         

       "Renee?! HELLO? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Hyuna waved her hands in my face. I gave her a blank look before saying, "Sorry. What WERE you saying?" She sighed in frustration and repeated her words.        

       "I SAID. There's a singing performance at the end of next month! Maybe you can take part!" She jumped around excitedly. I shushed her before she got everyone's attention. "Who says I can sing?!" I half-hissed. She gave me a rebellious look and crossed her arm. "And who says YOU CANT?" she retorted. I messed up my hair and groaned in frustration. "Hyuna, you KNOW I have stage fright! I freeze up in front of everyone!" She shrugged. "I don't see what's the problem here. You have to conquer your fears sooner or later! So why not sooner? And now, you have a GILDEN OPPORTUNITY~" she sang as she waved the sign-up form in my face. I smacked her hand away and stormed to my locker.        

       Suddenly, a timid but familiar voice spoke to me. Yoseob.        

       "Renee.. I know I don't have the right to ask you for lunch... But I just wanted to spend some time alone with you, just as friends?" He asked me pleadingly.        

       Friends? I can't even bring myself to look directly into his eyes. What friends? It's not that I don't want to. But I can't wipe the memory of him slapping me. Just then, Hyunseung came and held my hand. Hyuna saw this and she snuck away, grinning.        

       "Sorry Yoseob, she has a lunch date with me today." Hyunseung tried to sound as friendly as he could. Yoseob, after all, was still his friend. Yoseob gave a dejected sigh and nodded. He gave a small smile before walking away. Part of me wanted to have lunch with him, to be like what we used to be. But another part of me was relieved that Hyunseung came to my rescue.        

       "Sooo, wanna have lunch?" Hyunseung asked while giving my hand a squeeze before letting go. I nodded and closed my locker.         

               

       -Hyunseung's POV-        

       I drove her to a western restaurant and she ordered a steak. While we were waiting for the food, she seemed very distracted. I know she's thinking of Yoseob, but I don't think talking to her about him seems like a good idea now. She was so pre-occupied in her thoughts that she put salt in her tea instead of sugar. I grabbed her hand and she jumped, her eyes wide open.        

       "O-oppa.. What's wrong?" she asked while trembling. I gave her a smile and pointed at the little glass container in front of her. She looked at it and noticed that it was salt. She gave an embarrassed laugh and told the waiter to get her a new cup of tea.        

       "A penny for your thoughts." I said simply, while taking a sip of my Latte. She gave a little pout as she tried to think of an excuse. Then she started saying, "Should I take part in the performance at the end of next month?"         

       Although I knew what she was REALLY thinking of, I didn't wanna expose her. So I just played along.        

       "You have a talent?!" I teased. She pouted and slapped my arm. "OPPA!" I snorted and she pouted even more. Aigoo, she can be so adorable!        

       "OKAY OKAY! Fine!" I said with my hands up in surrender. She looked at me with her huge eyes. "So should I?" I chuckled and patted her head. "Of course you should! I wanna see you perform!" She blushed but tried to hide her blushing face by sipping on her tea. I couldn't help but smile warmly at her.        

       But then a thought occured to me; she evaded my question just now when I asked what she was thinking of. Was she thinking of taking Yoseob back? A familiar feeling of sadness and frustration surged through my every nerve. Why can't I have a chance with her? Why must Yoseob come back into the picture and mess with her mind? More inportantly, why is she so easily swayed by Yoseob?        

       Then I had a realization. I had to act before Yoseob gets her back. I still have a chance since she hasn't officially taken him back. I must fight for her. I can't lose her to him. Andwae.  I have to try. I have to give it my best shot.        

               

====================================        

A/N: Okay, I know it's a short update, but....  THE WEEKEND IS FINALLY HERE~ Its Kiki's Birthday today~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR ABS<3         

       I will do another update later, so please be patient! ^_^ Comment and subscribe alright? MUAH! :3