It Ain't The Same.

Effervescent.
        

       -Your POV-        

       After I was done with the performance, I went backstage and saw a bouquet of flowers lying on the table of the dressing room. It was addressed to me, so I read the card. It said,

Dearest Renee,

You did great tonight! I hope you'll always be happy no matter what you do. I'll always give you my support. Saranghae..

Love, Hyunseung.

       I smiled to myself and smelled the flowers. They were beautiful. Suddenly, I heard cheering inside the room and saw that my friends had rushed backstage to congratulate me. Hyuna gave me a tight hug and soon, the boys came and had our group hug, with me pathetically struggling to breathe in the middle. They let go and I noticed someone was missing.        

       "Where's Hyunseung oppa?" I asked. Yoseob smiled and put an arm around my shoulder. "He said he has something on, so he left early. He told me to tell you that you were amazing." he said as he kissed me on my forehead. I nodded and looked at my beaming group of friends.        

       "C'mon! Let's go celebrate!!" Dongwoon happily exclaimed. Everyone shouted and went out the room, Yoseob holding onto my hand. I couldn't hide my disappointment. I'd wanted Hyunseung to personally congratulate me after the performance. But he didn't. I tried to smile so that my friends won't be affected by my dampening mood. Yoseob looked at me worriedly and asked, "Renee, are you alright? You seem a little down." I stared at his questioning eyes and heaved a sigh.        

               

       -Yoseob's POV-        

       She stared at me and sighed before saying, "I really wanted Hyunseung oppa to be here.." I gave her hand a squeeze and smiled lovingly at her. "Its okay, we'll have plenty of chances to go out with him!" She half-smiled and continued walking towards the car.          

       While we were in the car, I couldn't help noticing that she wasn't happy at all. Not even the slightest bit happy. Is it because Hyunseung isn't here? I didn't know Hyunseung meant so much to her. It almost seems as if.... As if she loves him more than she loves me. She doesn't seem to acknowledge my presence at all. She just acknowledges Hyunseung's absence.        

       When we reached the Karaoke room, her mood lifted a little, and so did mine. We had a great time singing and goofing around, mostly laughing. We had a whale of a time and soon, we had to head home.        

       While I was walking her home, she kept her eyes on the ground, not even talking. I stopped in my tracks and she looked at me. "Oppa, what's wrong?" She asked softly. I took her hand in mine and kissed it gently. "Are you not happy to be with me? You don't seem like your bubbly self after the performance." I said. She blinked and stared at me, speechless.         

               

       -Your POV-        

       I didn't know what to say. The words were trapped in my throat, all clumped up. I couldn't even smile or anything. I just stared at him like an idiot. He smiled sadly and held my face in his warm hands. Before giving me a soft peck on my lips.          

       "Its okay Rinny.. I understand. You must be tired after everything that's happened, right?" he asked while caressing my cheek with his thumb. I nodded and hugged him, resting my head on his chest. I felt safe and warm.... But, it doesn't feel the same. I guess I'm just too tired, like he said. I just need some rest.        

               

======================================        

       A/N: SHORT UPDATE! ^^ The resolution will come the next chapter, or next next chapter, or next next next chapter. >.< Just a few more to go~ Please comment and subscribe! ^^