Effervescent.

Effervescent.

-Yoseob's POV-

Doojoon and I were hanging out at the Cafe, but my mind was miles away. I can't believe I slapped Renee.. I know I shouldn't have, but I was just so angry at the time. I didn't know what came over me... 

"Yah, Yang Yoseob!" Doojoon waved a hand in front of me. "A penny for your thoughts." he said while sipping his Latte. I shrugged and stirred my Cappucino. 

"Thinking of Renee?" He asked, hitting the bullseye. I nodded and looked outside, where people were rushing by. "I know you feel guilty and stuff like that, but it was understandable." he tried comforting me. But no, it wasn't just guilt, it was heartbreak. I uttered those words of break up. They say 'Don't decide when you're sad, don't promise when you're happy and don't speak when you're mad.' Only now do I know the true meaning of this saying.

-Hyunseung's POV-

We all stayed outside the ward as the doctor was checking Renee. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally came out and approached us.

"Doctor, how's our friend?" Hyuna asked nervously.

The doctor gave a small smile to reassure us that she was okay. That's a relief! "She's fine, except for a few bruises here and there. She just had a little shock, that's all. But we'll still have to keep her under observation for 2 more days to confirm that she's really okay, then she should be able to head home." I could feel the atmosphere around us lift a little. We went into her room to see her sleeping soundly.

Junhyung sighed, "I wonder how she'll recover from all this sadness... Seeing her serene face, it's hard to believe what she had gone through the past few days. It almost seems like she wasn't in pain at all.."

Hyuna sat beside her and touched her cheeks. "When those eyes open tomorrow, it will be filled with so much sorrow.."

Seeing us all like this really makes me feel pathetic. I can't even do anything to help her. I feel so helpless. I want her to forget about her pain.

-Your POV-

I am in a park. But it was empty and bright. I walked towards the slide and saw a familiar figure with his back facing me. I slowly approached him to give him a surprise. I didn't know who he was, but I'm sure that he's the one who made me feel so safe. He stood up and was about to turn around to face me when...

I Blinked for a few times before adjusting to the bright room I'm in. It definitely wasn't my bedroom. I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital. Then I remembered what had happened... The door opened slowly and Hyunseung came in, holding a bowl in his hand. I sat up and he rushed to my side, propping me up with a few pillows.

"The nurse told me to bring your meal over." He beamed. I took a look at the porridge and made a face.

He chuckled and held the spoon near my mouth. "Say 'AAAH'!" I shook my head and looked away. I don't like porridge. Neither do I have the appetite to eat. He sighed and put the bowl by the table. "Rin-ah, please eat something... It won't do you any good if you starve yourself. I know this is hard on you, but you got to be a strong and brave girl." I kept quiet and stared at him. I hate to admit it, but he's right. 

I couldn't change the fact that Yoseob had slapped me, I couldn't change the fact that he broke up with me. I have to accept reality and move on, I can't possibly mope around all my life. I sighed in defeat and took the bowl from the table. It all starts with the little things, right? I have to pick myself up slowly.

-Hyunseung's POV-

She sighed before taking the bowl in her hands and eating the porridge. I smiled at her and she gave me a weak smile. She made a disgusted face as she swallowed the porridge.

"OPPA! This tastes like trash!" She whined. I patted her head and laughed. "Eat up and I'll bring you for ice cream when you're discharged!" Her eyes widened at the mere mention of 'Ice cream'. She beamed and continued eating the porridge.

Renee, I hope you'll keep this smile. I hope to see you smile like that everyday.. I wanna see your Effervescent personality shine through. I will help you, don't you worry.

========================================

A/N: There will be a double update todayyy~ ^^ I'm getting pretty excited! DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <3