I Knew It.

Effervescent.
        

       -Your POV-        

       I signed up for the performance in the end. And I have been praticing for the performance these few weeks. Hyunseung oppa has been guiding me along, dancing and singing. It was tiring, but well, It helped to keep my mind off of things. Mainly to keep my mind off of Yoseob.         

       There were 2 days left till the actual performance, and I was having ice cream with Hyunseung oppa at OUR icecream shop. I still hadn't given Yoseob an answer, I still didn't know if I should take him back. He had been patiently waiting for my answer, and I know I should tell him soon. But I just didn't know how to. I think I still have feelings for him. So maybe I should take him back.        

       But then, there's Hyunseung oppa. He's been by my side all along, guiding me with lots of love and concern. I know his feelings for me, but... I don't think I feel the same way about him. I know it's unfair, but I don't wanna lie to myself. I don't wanna get into a relationship with him out of obligation.        

       "Rin-ah? Are you alright?" Hyunseung oppa asked worriedly. I smiled weakly at him and nodded. "I'm probably just nervous about the performance..." He looked thoughtful, but then he nodded and patted my head. "Dont worry, you'll do great! I'll be in the audience, cheering you on. So will Junhyung and the rest."        

               

       -Hyunseung's POV-        

       I know she's lying. She's thinking of Yoseob. But since she doesn't wanna tell me, I'm just gonna respect her privacy. I ate my ice cream and eyed her. She was really pre-occupied.        

       While I was walking her home, she suddenly broke the silence with a sudden question. "Oppa, do you think I should take Yoseob back?" My heart stopped beating when I heard the question. I looked at her blankly, and I could see her eyes, full of hope.         

       "I-I think you should just follow your heart, Rin-ah. Do whatever makes you h-happy." I managed to say. She smiled sincerely at me and continued walking. In the silence, I knew who she'd chosen. The moment she decided to ask me that question was the moment she decided to take Yoseob back. And try as I might to win her over, I can't. Her heart is with Yoseob..        

       In the silence, I heard my heart shatter into little shards. In the silence, I lost her. I lost my love.        

               

       -Hyuna's POV- (The day of the performance)        

       I walked backstage and saw Yoseob hugging Renee. He was beaming happily when he gave her a peck on her lips. Erm... Am I missing something? Why is Yoseob here, instead of Hyunseung?        

       Yoseob gave me a smile as he walked past me. I made way for him and stared questioningly at Renee. "Anything to tell me?" I asked with my hands on my hips.        

       "Hyuna.. I'm with him again. I'm back with Yoseob." she said, trying to read my expression. Before I could control myself, I blurted out, "Then what about Hyunseung?" She flinched and then managed a forced smile. "H-he and I are friends. Really good friends." I nodded and smiled at her. I would support her no matter what. As long as she's happy, I'm fine. I gave her a hug before leaving the dressing room and heading back to the audience.         

               

       -Your POV-        

       After Hyuna left, I thought about her question. Then my mind wandered to what had happened yesterday.        

       I met him at our usual place, the ice cream shop. He wasn't smiling like he usually did. I half guessed that he already knew what I wanted to tell him. But I started talking nevertheless.        

       "Oppa.. I-" before I could finish, I was cut off by him. "I understand Renee. I know your heart has chosen him. And I understand, I'm not mad. I'll still be your best oppa, so please perform without any worries tomorrow night. I don't want all our hard work go to waste.." he smiled and held my hand. My eyes stung. I felt a tear trickle down my face. He smiled and wiped it off with his thumb. "Silly Rinny. Why are you sad? You'll be back together with your loved one, don't worry about me."         

       I wiped away a tear that just trailed down my face. Now wasn't the time to get distracted. I had a performance to do and I can't screw up. I can't waste Hyunseung oppa's efforts. I walked out of the dressing room and got ready backstage.      

               

       -Hyunseung's POV-        

       I was sitting with the guys. All six of us, like what we were before. Kingkas. Everyone was chattering happily except for me. No one knew what I had decided to do. Not even Renee.        

       The whole hall came to a pin-drop silence as the lights on stage went on. The spotlight shone on the red curtains and it slowly opened, revealing Renee in a long, white dress. She stood gracefully like a beautiful sculpture of an angel. And when the song began, she danced gracefully, moving in sync with the music. I felt a surge of pride as I watched her. I glanced at Yoseob and he was beaming happily, obviously proud of his girlfriend.         

       Then she started singing. Her gentle voice filling the hall. I felt my eyes tear up as I heard the voice I was going to miss. The voice I loved to hear so much. The voice I won't forget. After her performance ended, everyone gave her a standing ovation. She bowed gratefully and smiled at all 7 of us, including Hyuna. Her eyes rested on me and she smiled once more. Those big brown eyes that made my heart skip a beat. The intense stare. That bright smile. I'll take them with me, I'll remember her as the happy Renee who gave me so many unforgettable memories. Although I didn't have a chance,         

       I will never regret loving you, Renee. And I'll never forget your Effervescence.