Thank You

With My Life

After being seated you glanced around the restaurant. It was five stars and looked seriously expensive. Seated next to you, on your right was Ryan, and to your left was Yumi. Next to her was Key who was also seated next to Nicole. Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat across the table and the two empty seats in front of you and Ryan were for Jaejoong and Seul Gi. They arrived around fifteen minutes later. Mrs. Kim pursed her lips when she saw what Seul Gi was wearing.

http://www.sunrainey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ex090608059.jpg -dress

They both sat down and Mr. Kim began speaking.
"Now that everyone's here, let's enjoy our dinner. Excuse me, waiter!" The young waiter came and spoke in French. Mr. Kim had no problems ordering for his wife, daughter and himself. The waiter went over to Jaejoong and Seul Gi. Jaejoong easily ordered but Seul Gi had problems. She couldn't understand French so she complained.
"Oppa! Can you please help me?"
You watched as she scooted closer to him. Your eyes flashed in distaste as she pressed herself onto him. Jaejoong pulled away and quickly ordered for her. He looked up and noticed you staring. You rolled your eyes and disregarded him. The waiter then came down the table to Nicole and Key. Nicole struggled while reading the menu so Key quietly asked what she wanted. He helped her order and you didn't miss their silent exhange afterwards. The waiter finally came to you. Ryan ordered and turned to you. You sighed and spoke fluent French.
Jaejoong was astounded and unconsciously asked, "You know French?"
You nodded, "And about seven more languages?" You glanced at Key and he nodded. "Yea, seven." Seul Gi snorted in jealousy but Mrs. Kim was astonished.
"Wow! _____-ah! You're so intelligent! That must have been difficult to learn! This is what I want in a daughter-in-law." She shot Jaejoong a look. "A girl who is beautiful, well-mannered, and well rounded in everything!" You took a quick glimpse at Seul Gi and she looked like she wanted to claw your eyes out.
"Kamsamnida Ahjumma." She smiled and turned her attention to the food that was being served. You slightly turned to your right and you squinted to see a man that looked a bit suspicious. You shook it off without a second thought. Unknowing to you, that man was a hired assassin and he was given a task not to take out Yumi, but Jaejoong.

When Jaejoong got up halfway through dinner announcing he was going to the bathroom you found it strange that the man also got up. You peered closely at him and noticed a slight bump in his coat jacket. You nervously shifted and stated that you had to make a phonecall. You stalked off and followed the man down the hallway. You hid behind the corner and listened to their conversation.
"Excuse me, you're Kim Jaejoong right?" Jaejoong turned and narrowed his eyes at the man.
"Who's asking?" The man smirked and pulled out a gun and pointed it straight at him.
"Let's just say someone secret." He was about to pull the trigger when you ambushed him and kicked the gun out of his hands. He growled in frustration and went after you.
You shouted at Jaejoong, "You pabo! Leave!"
Jaejoong ran back to the table. You focused back on the man, and blocked most of his moves but when he pulled out a small knife and stabbed you in the stomach, you doubled over in pain. Before he could reach his gun, Jaejoong had returned with Key and Ryan. Key took out his gun and shot the man. He fell down dead and Jaejoong quickly went over and checked you out. You had tried to stanch the bleeding by holding your stomach. Jaejoong hurriedly came over and took off his jacket and wrapped it tightly around your stomach. You pressed you lips together. Jaejoong looked at you and noticed that you had gotten ghostly white. Customers had heard the shot and were quickly coming over to check out the scene.
"Jaejoong, hurry and get _____ away from here. Ryan and I will take care of this." Key called the police. Jaejoong nodded and picked you up bridal style. He waited for everyone's attention to be on the dead man and he hastily rushed back to the table. Mrs. Kim uttered a small shriek while Nicole froze. Yumi ambled over and tugged on Jaejoong's pants.
"Oppa. What happened to Unnie?"
Jaejoong muttered, "Nothing honey." Nicole unfroze and walked over to Yumi.
"Yumi-ah, why don't we go outside for a bit?" Yumi didn't say anything but after a few seconds agreed. Nicole offered her hand and Yumi followed along.
After they disappeared, Mr. Kim questioned, "What really happened?"
"Some man had tried to murder me but _____ got hurt trying to save me. Key killed him." Nicole scrambled in.
"That ambulance is here. You better hurry up. _____ looks like she lost alot of blood." Jaejoong gave you a glance and his heart quickened. You were barely breathing. He forgot about Seul Gi and rushed you outside. Mr. and Mrs. Kim followed suit leaving a pissed off Seul Gi in the restaurant.

Ryan and Key sprinted down the hospital hallway and skidded to a stop outside of the emergency room. Everyone had a grim look on their faces. Key quietly walked up to Nicole.
"How long has she been there?" She sniffled.
"Two hours...nobody has even come out to tell us any news!" She full out started crying and Key awkwardly gathered her into a hug. Yumi cutely came over and patted Nicole on her leg.
"It's okay Nicole Unnie. I'm sure _____ Unnie is going to be okay." Nicole cracked a smile and crouched down.
"Thank you Sweetie." Nicole decided to sit on the floor and she rested her head between her legs. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were silently praying and Ryan had resorted to keeping Yumi entertained for the time being. Jaejoong stayed standing by the doors. He was still in shock. He couldn't believe he had frozen when his life was on the line. He balled up his fists in frustration. He was seriously pissed. Not only that, he had let a girl rescue him. But he relaxed his hands. Jaejoong realized that he wasn't angry because he let a girl fend for him. He's angry because he let YOU do it. *She's in the emergency room because of me. Why do I feel so guilty...?"
The doors opened and a doctor came out and sighed.
"Choi _____ is fine. She's in stable condition right now." Everyone let out a sigh of relief. "She'll be a bit tired, and I advise you all not to stress her out."
Key asked, "May we see her?"
The doctor nodded, "Yes, but wait until we move her to a new room." His gaze swept the room, "May I suggest everyone go change then return? She'll probably be awake by then." Everyone nodded and Mr. Kim carried a sleeping Yumi out.
"I'll stay and watch over her." Everyone's heads turned to stare at Jaejoong.
He shrugged, "It's my fault she's here." It was quiet for a couple of seconds. Key and Ryan exchanged a look.
Mrs. Kim nodded, "Okay then Jaejoong. We'll return soon."

Jaejoong quietly crept into your room. It was dimly lit, and you were fast asleep on the bed. He walked beside your bed and gazed down at you.
He whispered, "Thank you." He brushed your hair away from your face and you stirred. He jerked his hand back and stepped away.
You slowly opened your eyes. *Again? Seriously? Why do I always end up getting hurt?* You sighed and noticed Jaejoong in the room.
"Oh. You're here?"
Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean by that?"
You attempted a shrug, "Nothing. I'm glad you're okay. By the way, what happened to that man?"
"Key shot him." You nodded. Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at your calmness.
"Why are you so peaceful? You were just stabbed earlier and you're acting like it doesn't matter."
"It comes with the job. I've devoted my life to my missions. And during that time, my mission was to make sure you weren't murdered."
"But what if I don't want you to?!"