Stubborn Pride

With My Life

You whispered to Key. Your earring was actually a headphone while your necklace was a microphone. "How the hell did they lose Yumi?! Weren't there bodyguards positioned everywhere she went?"
"I don't know but I'm going to go check it out. You go back to lunch so you won't blow your cover." You were about to argue but he was right. You were pissed as you walked back to your table. Everyone shot you a look of confusion.
You grumbled, "Girl emergency." The guys blushed and looked away. You realized you hadn't gone up and bought a lunch. *Whatever. I'm not that hungry anyway. I just want to leave and find out what the hell is going on!*
Throughout lunch Seul Gi kept throwing daggers in your direction. You ignored her and checked your phone every few seconds. You glanced up when you felt that someone was looking at you. It was Jaejoong. He was mouthing something to you. *Good thing I've been trained to read lips*
'Something happened to Yumi right?'
You slightly nodded. You watched as his face paled and he put his face in the palms of his hands. You felt a wave of saddness wash over you. You were about to say something to comfort him until Seul Gi turned around.
"Oppa? What's the matter? Are you feeling okay?" He looked up and didn't say anything. Seul Gi wrapped her arm around his and scooted over until her s were rubbing his arm. All the guys turned to stare at them. The next thing you heard was "Unnie!"
You jerked your head up and a huge grin formed, "Yumi!" She ran into your arms. Jaejoong quickly got out of his seat and picked her up. He squeezed her into a hug. You backed away and stood next to Key.
"What happened?" You whispered.
"Nothing it was a false alarm. It was lunch and Yumi decided to go to the music room and play the piano instead of going outside with her class. I'm going to have to make a call to my mom and ask her to send in some of our people. The ones the Kims hired are worthless. They didn't give a . So I talked to her principle and asked if we could take her for the day. She complied because she was afraid something would happen. I went around to our teachers and asked if it was okay to have her with us, and they said yes. So we're set for the day."
"Good."

The rest of the day went fairly easy. You were outside for gym. It was hot and everyone was either playing or watching soccer. You participated while keeping an eye out for Yumi on the bleachers. You rolled your eyes as you noticed that all the girls in your gym class besides you and Nicole were seated on the bleachers refusing to play. So it was just you and her along with all the guys. You watched as Jaejoong got pass the defense with ease. He was about ready to score until you sprinted up in front of him, blocking his path.
His eyes flashed up, "Don't think you can stop me."
You smirked, "Are you really saying that to me?" He feigned going to the left, but you knew and quickly went right startling him. He tripped over the ball and fell to the ground taking you along with him. The next thing you knew you were on the ground. Jaejoong was on top of you, and his lips were pressed fully on yours. Everyone scurried over and he hastily got up leaving you on the ground. Nicole came over and helped you up. You winced as you tried walking. You looked down and groaned out loud. Your ankle was swollen and it hurt to walk.
"_____, you better go to the nurse." Nicole fretted.
You shook your head, "No I'll be fine." Key then walked over and frowned.
"That doesn't look fine. You better go. And Jaejoong should take you since he was the one that caused it." Key looked over at Jaejoong with a glare.
Seul Gi hissed, "He doesn't have to. She doesn't mean anything to him. Why should he?"
Yumi ran over, "Unnie! Gwaen chan ayo?" She looked so worried that you smiled.
"Don't worry Sweetie, I'm okay." She shook her head.
"Aniyo!" She turned to Jaejoong, "Oppa! You have to help Unnie to the nurse! She's hurt. Please?" You watched as Yumi worked her magic on her brother and he relunctantly agreed.
"Yay! Let's go." He sighed and made a move to pick you up.
"Aniyo! Jaejoong Oppa! You can't!" You sighed in annoyance as Seul Gi whined.
"Whatever. It's fine. " You walked a bit and hid the pain. Everyone eventually left to continue the game. You joined in afterwards thanks to your pride. After class ended, all the girls flipped their hair and walked up to the guys still dry and clean. You and Nicole walked over, well you limped over to the fountains to get a drink. Both of you took off your sweatshirts revealing a lean and flat stomach. Once again the boys' mouths dropped and some even wolf whistled. Key and Jaejoong turned to see what everyone was staring at. Key skipped over you, and landed his eyes on Nicole. He stared at her and only stopped when he noticed you giving him a look. He coughed and turned away. Jaejoong on the other hand couldn't take his eyes off of you. You proved to be an athletic and strong girl. He wondered why you weren't attracted to him. He then glanced at Key and then it clicked. *She must have a thing for him. Please, how can she pick someone like him over me?* His hand went up and touched his lips. *Her lips were so soft...* He continued to ponder until he heard a shrill voice.
"Oppa!" He regarded Seul Gi, "You're still coming to the party later tonight right? You promised to be my date!" Jaejoong just nodded as he watched you limp off to the changing room.

You laid on your bed with your ankle propped up on a pillow with ice on it. School was over and you sent Yumi to her room after dinner. Nobody was home since Mrs. Kim was staying late at work. Jaejoong wasn't anywhere to be found but you didn't care. You were drifting in and out of conciousness. *Damn it. I shouldn't have skipped lunch. That along with this stupid injury is taking its toll on my body.* You sighed. Ever since you were little, you always had the problem of overworking your body, causing it to shut down once in a while. Suddenly your cell beeped. Your eyes flew open.
*_____-ah, Issac is loose around your area. Go catch him. We'll send you the coordinates.*
You hastily got up and forgot all about your ankle. You slipped your gun back in your boot and ran down the hall. You ran out the door when your cell beeped again. You followed the coordinates and found him.
"Issac! Surrender!"
He whirled around and leered, "So they send a girl in a miniskirt after me?" He ran down the road and you strained to keep up. Your ankle hurt like hell and you were sure it was going to come bite you back later on. Issac ran past a group of drunken teenagers and you angerly yelled in frustration. There seemed to be a party going on and Issac was using it to his advantage. You were fed up and pulled out your gun. You expertly shot at the ground where he was running. He jumped and that sudden mishap caused him to stumble. Before he could regain his footing, you bolted over and slipped handcuffs on him along with a tracker. You wiped your forehead and waited there until back up arrived.

At that time Jaejoong was at the party with a drunken Seul Gi clinging on his side. He paid no attention to who was in the room and his hand was slowly creeping up her shirt. But everyone suddenly jumped when they heard a gun shot and a group of guys came running in.
"Guys! There's a gun fight out there! We saw this chick chasing after a man! We couldn't see her face but her body was totally rocking." Jaejoong thought of you. *It can't be her. She wouldn't be that stupid to go after someone with an ankle like that.* He lost interest in Seul Gi and she huffed in annoyance.
"Oppa...let's go somewhere we can be alone..." She leaned on him but he had no reaction.
"Look babe, I think I'm going to go home. I'll see you tomorrow." She looked at him with shock as he got up and left.

You arrived back at the Kim mansion tired and out of it. You had just opened the back door and walked through when you saw the lights flash on. You squinted and you were amazed to see that it was Jaejoong instead of Key waiting for you. You made a move to walk pass him but he caught your arm.
"Where were you today? Why are you coming back so late? How is your ankle?"
You glared, "Why should you care? Key and I are the ones home taking care of your younger sister and you go off having fun! You have no right to tell me what to-" Your world turned black and you collapsed, but before you hit the ground, Jaejoong s his arm around your waist and caught you. He picked you up bridal style and took you up to your room. He gently placed you on the bed and removed your boot to take a look at your ankle. He winced when he saw how bad it had gotten.
"Stubborn ," he mumbled. He quietly went out in the hall and asked a passing maid to get him the first aid kit. He came back in and quickly wrapped up your ankle and placed a bag of ice on it. He then left and ran into Key in the hallway. Key raised his eyebrows.
"Why did you just come out of _____-ah's room?"