Attached

With My Life

You pressed your hand on your side and winced in pain. The bullet had grazed your side as you ran after Victor.
"I have to get him," you mumbled as you swerved to avoid getting hit by an oncoming van. You saw Victor enter into a restaurant and you groaned out loud. You ran in and saw that he grabbed a young child and held her at gun point.
"Don't come any closer or I'll shoot!" He smirked and pulled the little girl closer to his body. She cried and screamed for her mother. You scanned the area and found a couple in panic and guessed that they were the little girls parents.
You rolled your eyes and replied, "You're such a coward, hiding behind a little girl." You narrowed your eyes as he began to pull the trigger but you were faster as you whipped out your gun from your holster and shot the hand with the gun. He dropped the gun and released the girl. She quickly ran into the arms of her mother as you strode over to Victor and slapped handcuffs on him.
"You should have just listened to me instead of running away. Now I'm sure you're in deeper ." You stood there and watched as your fellow CIA memebers came in and took him away. "Have fun serving time."
You were about to leave until you felt a hand tap your shoulder. You turned around and met a couple with a huge smile on their faces.
"Thank you so much for saving our baby. We don't know what we would have done if something happened to her." The man offerred his hand to you while the woman gave you the warmest smile. "Is there anything we can do to repay you for what you have done for us?"
You smiled, "No, and don-" Your vision failed and you became very dizzy. Everything turned black and the last thing you heard was a scream.

You slowly opened your eyes to find yourself in a white, clean room. You blinked in confusion and you quickly got on your guard. You were about to bolt out of there until a tiny pair of hands tugged on your sleeve. You looked down to see an adorable little girl with bambi eyes looking up at you. You instantly recognized her as the girl you saved in the restaurant.
You smiled and asked, "Hi sweetie, what's your name?"
She replied, "Kim Yumi! Unnie you're really pretty!" She smiled and dimples appeared on her cheeks. You couldn't resist pinching her little cheeks and she squealed in happiness. Then the door opened to show the aged couple in the door frame. You glanced up and returned the smile they gave you.
"Choi _____ right? I'm Kim `````. How are you feeling?" You were shocked. They were the Kims! The people who had the biggest companies world wide! They were also the people that donated large sums of money to charity and the CIA.
You blinked and it took you a couple of seconds before replying, "Annyoung ha seh yo!" You made a move to stand up but you hissed in pain as you fell back on the bed grabbing your side. Mrs. Kim hurriedly called for the doctor before switching into mother mode. She ran over and fluffed your pillows and gently patted your head.
"Kamsamnida for the help. But I think I should go. I've intruded enough on your hospitality."
"Nonsense! Choi _____ you are to stay here until you get better. I have already contacted the CIA and your director has suggested you take a short break after what happened. We just wanted to thank you once again for saving Yumi." You were too tired to argue so you just laid there. The doctor came in and gave you a checkup. He rechecked your bandages around your stomach and declared that you stay rested for a couple of days. You groaned on the inside. *What am I suppose to do now? I had another mission to take care of after this! Damn it! Key's going to have my head when I come back!*

It was the third day of your stay with them and you grew accustomed to their daily lives. Mr. Kim was always up early getting ready for work while Mrs. Kim was up and about making breakfast and tending to her garden. They treated you like family and you couldn't be happier. Ever since losing your parents at a young age you grew up with the people on your team once joining the CIA.
"Unnie!" You eyes widened when you saw little Yumi running down the hallway. You grew fond of the girl and you spent every waking moment with her. You found out that she had an older brother but he was away so she had nobody else to play with. She ran up to you and hugged your leg.
"Unnie, umma wants you in the dining room now. She says that we need to fatten you up because you're way too skinny." You laughed and picked her up. Your wounds had healed and you were ready to leave and go back to your job. You inhaled the delicious aroma of bacon and eggs even before you entered the dining room. Mr. Kim had already left for work, but Mrs. Kim was seated and she waited for your arrival.
"Annyoung ha seh yo Ahjumma!" She smiled and waved to a maid. She left and a few minutes later came out with two plates of hot food. You took a seat and began eating.
"Yumi, after you're done eating go get ready for your piano lesson." The little girl pouted and refused to keep eating.
You giggled and poked her cheek, "Come on Yumi, hurry up and finish and I promise to come listen to you play okay?"
"Chincha?!" You nodded and she quickly finished her breakfast and went off with her piano teacher. You smiled and resumed eating your breakfast.
"_____, she really has grown attached to you. Thank you for keeping her company whenever we can't." Mrs. Kim's smile faltered, "But I'm guessing you're going to be on your way soon aren't you? I heard that your wounds have healed, and I'm sure you're dying to get back out there."
You slowly put your fork down and looked into her face, "Ahjumma, I'm really grateful for what you've done for me these past few days, and I promise to visit if you allow it but my team needs me back. I really enjoyed staying here."
She came over and enveloped you into a hug. "Sweetie, you're always welcomed back. We would love it if you could come and play with Yumi whenever you have the time."
You broke away from the hug and nodded, "Kamsamnida. I promise to come back."
She smiled, "Now go get ready and I'll have my driver take you back. Oh, but you're telling Yumi." She winked and walked out.
You froze. You didn't want to break the news to the four year old. *Damn it.*

You leaned against the wall with your arms crossed listening to the beautiful song being played. You grinned to see Yumi stick her tongue out to the side when she fumbled with the keys. *I'm going to miss her.* You clapped when she finished the song and her head shot up to reveal her smiling face with dimples.
"Unnie! You came!" She then ran over and dragged you over to the piano. "Sit over here and watch me play! Oppa was the first one to teach me how to play, and he was always the one to sit and watch me. Umma and Appa were always too busy." She got back onto the stool and resumed playing. The two hours of her practice were up and her piano teacher left. Yumi quickly closed up her books and put the lid back on the keys.
"Unnie, let's go play!" She was about to get up and lead you to her room until you stopped her.
"Yumi-ah, come here. She quietly climbed up on your lap and stayed put. "Unnie has to leave later today. I have a job that I do. I'm sorry Honey. I promise to come play with you whenever I have time okay?" You brushed her hair out of her face and studied her face. She didn't seem upset and she wasn't throwing a tantrum.
"Unnie do you promise?" She stuck out her pinky and held it in between the both of you.
You smiled, "Promise," and linked pinkies.