Trade

With My Life

 

You quietly crept through the abandoned building. You didn't hear anything and it worried you. You took out your cellphone and checked the red dot. There were now two. Your eyes widened. *Ryan was always red! Why are there two of him?!* One dot was stationed back at headquarters and the other one was rapidly moving towards you. You quickly snapped your cell shut and got ready to fight. You heard something behind you, but before you could defend yourself, your head was yanked backwards and a black cloth was pressed against your face. You inhaled the intoxicating smell and your body fell limp.
 
Key ran out of the classroom. He had just gotten a text.
*Want to save _____? Bring me the young Kim heiress or there will be nothing left to save.*
The rest of the group followed. He ran across the road and took Yumi out of class. He held her in his arms and rushed her back into the high school parking lot. He froze. He didn't have a car. *! How the hell am I suppose to get to headquarters?* His eyes landed on the group.
"Jaejoong. Let me borrow the keys to your car." Jaejoong's eyes flashed, "What the hell is going on?! Where is _____-ah?" Key looked at everyone and realized he wasn't going to get anywhere without telling them.
"I don't know. All I know is that _____-ah got a text this morning supposedly from Ryan. Since he is one of our closest friends she just left to help him without consulting anyone. I checked the text in class and it wasn't from him. So I. Need. To. Borrow. The. Keys. Now." Jaejoong didn't move. "We can do this the hard way. I am only asking out of common courtesy." After a few seconds Jaejoong handed them over and got into the passenger seat. Key placed Yumi in the back along with Nicole and the rest of the guys got in their own cars. 
 
Key picked Yumi up and ran into the building. He waved for everyone to follow him. He ran to his mother's office and slammed open the door.
"Umma!" She turned and with a grim face, "I know. I already told Ryan. He's on his way here. Take a look at these files." Key looked over the papers and the door opened to reveal Ryan.
"Yo." No smile. No enthusiasm. Nicole covered Yumi's eyes as Ryan and Key loaded up their guns. Once they finished they headed towards the door, only to be blocked by Jaejoong.
"Take me with you. I want to help." Ryan barked a laugh, "No. This isn't a game. _____-ah is in danger. You will only be a hinderance. Key, let's-" 
"Take him with you." Everyone turned to look at Director Kim. "He wants to go. Take him." 
"But Umma!" Key started but closed his mouth after receiving the glare from her. He sighed, "Araso. Hurry up. Grab a gun, and please tell me you know how to shoot." Jaejoong walked over to where Ryan was and took one from the pile. He expertly loaded it and stuck it in his pocket. Ryan raised a brow but didn't say anything.
 
The three guys slowly walked up to the building. Key opened up his small laptop and hacked into the security system. For an abandoned building the security system was seriously tight. Key pressed a few buttons and the alarms turned off. Ryan tried opening the door and it easily creaked open. Key gently placed his laptop down behind a bush. He caressed it and promised to be back soon. 
Ryan rolled his eyes, "Serious? You love your laptop that much?" Key gave him a glare but didn't say anything. They steathily maneuvered through the hallways and then suddenly they heard a creak from behind. Ryan and Key quickly turned to see the man sprawled on the floor and Jaejoong curiously looking at him. 
Jaejoong bent down, "I think I kicked him too hard." He nudged him with his foot and the man didn't move. Jaejoong shrugged, "What do we do?" 
Ryan and Key glanced at each other, "Just put him in an empty room so nobody finds him." As Jaejoong dragged the unconcious body down the hall they both looked at each other, "What the hell?"
 
You slowly blinked open your eyes. Your vision refocused and you could make out your surroundings. You were tied to a chair in the middle of a room. You were alone and you struggled against the bonds.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Your head snapped up to the voice. A man around his late thirties walked in. Your mouth was gagged so the only thing you could do was send him a death glare. He smiled, "Now, now. I don't want to harm you, but if you don't cooperate then I have no choice but to." You stopped moving because you were interested in what he had to say. He took that as a sign of compliance. He walked towards you and ungagged you.
"Who are you?" Your steely eyes met his. 
"Fiesty aren't we? I am Mark, a former business associate of Mr. Kim." His eyes grew dark, "Former because he didn't like my way of running things. I wanted power. More power than what he could have ever gotten." His eyes narrowed at the memory, "He dismissed me, and that is going to be the biggest mistake of his life. When your friends come with his precious daughter I'm going to have my revenge." With that, he regagged you and left the room. Your eyes widened. *That's why they have me. They want Yumi!* You tried to get out of the ropes, but the longer you moved the deeper they cut your wrists. 
You angrily huffed. *This is such a disgrace. I can't believe I'm being held captive.* You continued to struggle until you heard running feet. The door slammed open and Mark came back in with amused eyes.
"It looks like your friends are here." He came over and shoved a cloth to your face. Once again you smelled the intoxicating scent and passed out. "Let's sit back and wait for them to get here." He cackled, "If they make it through my men that is."
 
"." They stopped in their tracks. Up ahead was a group of fifteen or so men. They looked back and saw more people. They were surrounded. 
Key sighed, "Great. How are we suppose to get to _____-ah?" One man rushed towards Key. Ryan tripped and shot him in the leg, "Through them of course. Let's hurry." They nodded. The rest of the men came forward only to be taken down quickly by the combined forces of Key, Ryan and Jaejoong. It was over in about ten minutes. 
Jaejoong smirked, "And you said I was going to be hinderance. I do remember that I did take down the guy that was attacking you from behind." Ryan chose to ignore his comment. 
Key shouted from the front, "She's in here." They burst through the door. They froze. You were lying limp in Mark's arms and he had a gun pointed to your head.
"Welcome. What do we have here? Tsk. Tsk. I thought I said to bring the girl. I guess you don't want to save your friend then." He cocked the gun. "Drop your weapons. Now." Key slowly placed his gun on the floor and motioned for the other two to do the same. "Good. Kick them away from you." 
"We did as you said. Give _____ back to us." Jaejoong glared. 
Mark eyed him, "Oh my. I see you've brought the next best thing. Kim Jaejoong right? You want to do a trade? This for you. Take your time. I'm not going anywhere." 
Key and Ryan started but Jaejoong answered, "Deal."