My Fault

With My Life

 

"Are you out of your mind?! _____-ah would MURDER us! There is no way we're trading you!" Key's eyes flashed. Ryan was shaking his head in disbelief.
Jaejoong argued, "The reason we came was to get her back safely! I'll do anything to make sure that happens." 
Mark laughed, "Yes. Listen to the boy." Everyone stood still as Mark motioned for his men to come in. "Get him." They closed in and grabbed both of Jaejoong's arms. Key and Ryan were restrained too. They tried to escape but couldn't get loose. Jaejoong hadn't struggled one bit. His eyes were on you. 
Once he was next to Mark, Jaejoong glared, "Give her back. A deal's a deal." 
Mark raised and eyebrow, "Why of course." He shoved you towards Ryan and Key. You fell against Ryan and he pulled away from Mark's men and caught you before you could hit the floor. That was enough to bring you back into consciousness. You slowly stirred in his arms.
You blinked and your eyes widened at the scene. You hastily stood straight up. "Oppas!" Everyone's heads turned to you. Using that second of distraction Key kicked one guy in the shin and punched another one in the jaw. Ryan grabbed a second gun from his pocket and fired it at the guys around you and him. 
Mark screamed, "Yah! You idiots! Stop them! They're just ing teenagers!" Jaejoong quickly kicked him in the stomach and ran over to help you and the guys. He tried to help you but you held your own. It was three against one but before Jaejoong could intervene, you easily flipped one over your back and slammed your foot into another. The third guy hesitated and you quickly punched him and focused your attention on Mark. He pointed his gun at Ryan and pulled the trigger. You slammed against Ryan and knocked him out of the way. 
Mark growled in frustration, "Just get the Kim boy! Forget the others!" Key and Ryan were now holding off the rest of the men coming in through the door. You were free to go after Mark. He quickly realized the situation and aimed his gun at you. 
 
He narrowed his eyes, "Try and get me." His finger was on the trigger...there was a bang and everything passed in slow motion. You watched as Key and Ryan yelled in shock. Mark had fired and you stared, transfixed as Jaejoong jumped in the way. The bullet pierced his shoulder and he was knocked to the ground groaning in agony. He grabbed onto his shoulder and his eyes were shut due to the pain. Your vision turned a crimson red. A fire burned in your eyes and you charged towards Mark. Before he could reaim his gun back at you, you were on top of him. You punched him in the jaw and continued to hit him. You wrestled the gun out of his hand and held it against his temple. 
You hissed, "You will so regret doing that." You were about to pull the trigger, but your fingers started to shake. You had never killed someone before. You had shot to injury, never to kill. In the corner of your eye you could see Jaejoong covered in blood and you felt a new power surger through your body. You focused back on Mark. His eyes showed fear and you glared back at them with cold black eyes. 
BANG! Blood spilled on the floor. You blinked. Your gun was now pointed at a lifeless body. You hadn't shot. So who had? You looked up to see a group of CIA agents spilling in through the doors. They rounded up the concious men and arrested them. Your director walked up to you.
She eyed Mark, "That should be the last of him. _____-ah, get off of him and go to the hospital." You were about to tell her you weren't hurt but then you remembered Jaejoong. You spun around and watched as a medical team rushed in and quickly put him on a stretcher. His face was contorted with pain. They led him outside into the ambulance. You rushed after them.
You sat, pale, and stiff in the bright, white hallway. You could hear the steps of the people in the hallway, and the buzz of the flickering light above you, but all you wanted to hear was that Jaejoong was going to be okay. It had seemed like forever since he had gone into the surgury room. You looked up at the red light that never seemed to go off. 
You sighed. *It's all my fault. I don't deserve to be a high ranking CIA agent.* You bit your lip and prayed that he was going to be alright. Nicole and the guys rushed in. They were finally released from headquarters. They found out what had happened when Key and Ryan debriefed the director when they had gotten back. Nobody said anything. They just quietly sat down and waited for the best.
 
Your eyelids felt heavy. It had passed four hours and the time was now 11 at night. The Kims had joined you a few hours back. Your director phoned them and they rushed back from their conference. You had tried to apologize to them, but they hushed you and exclaimed that they were happy that everyone just came out alive. The light above the surgury room blinked off. Everyone scrambled to their feet. The double doors opened and you could see Jaejoong lying on the bed. A couple nurses rolled him pass you and you inhaled a sharp breath. He was deathly pale. You uneasily took your gaze from him and looked at the doctor.
He removed his mask, "It was a tricky surgury, and he lost a lot of blood. The bullet was lodged deep into his shoulder and we tried to operate without harming vital muscles. He is stable but we're not sure how long it'll be before he can move his arm without pain. He will have to go through physical therapy weekly and come for check ups monthly for the next year. You can all go visit him but be quiet."
The door opened. Everyone tiptoed in and gathered around Jaejoong's bed. His arm was in a sling and you could see the bloody bandaged peeking out from under his hospital gown. He was asleep, and you breathed a sigh of relief. You softly excused yourself and left the room. You strode to the parking lot and entered Key's car. *Ryan and Key are so dead for allowing Jaejoong to come.* You stepped on the gas and sped down the road.
 
"It wasn't our decision!" Ryan and Key shrank away from you. They were about to go to the hospital after finishing up some paper work, but you caught them before they could. You cornered them in their office. "Then why the hell was he there?! He could've gotten hurt and he DID!" You walked around the table and they scurried the other way. It continued that way for the next ten minutes. It was like a game of cat and mouse. You chased them around headquarters and your collegues shook their heads in amusement. No matter how innocent you looked, you were lethal when angry. You fumed when they took cover in the director's office. You stormed in there and you came face to face to your director.
"Ahjumoni!" You whined. You glared at Ryan and Key as they stuck their tongues out at you from behind the director.
"_____-ah. Calm down. I was the one who gave Jaejoong permission to go along with them, so you can stop harrassing them. You guys are acting like you're 10 again." She smiled and you puffed out your cheeks in annoyance. "Key, Ryan, can you give us a couple minutes? Go visit Jaejoong and see how everyone's doing. Key, pick up Yumi from the room next door. It's past midnight, and she must be exhausted." He nodded and they left. 
You sat down on one of the chairs and waited for her to sit down. 
Once she did, she questioned with a raised brow, "Are you dating a client?"
 
----------
So...I know how I promised to update faster...=/ yeah, I'm really sorry!! Please forgive me!!! =D Thanks to everyone who supports this story! Please comment!!! <3