two.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is the first day of filming. 

Mayuka couldn't be more nervous.

She knows that, thankfully, she won't be filming any scenes with Riku just yet. However, she is afraid she's still going to run into her on set. 

Riku wouldn't be stupid enough to show up on set when she doesn't have to act yet, right?

She hopes not.

When Mayuka arrives on set, thankfully Riku cannot be seen. She feels a sense of relief... for now at least.

What Mayuka will be shooting today is basically an introduction to her character, Sato Kazumi. There is not a lot of actual acting in these clips, mostly just shots the village and the city with Mayuka's voice in the background. Some short clips will have her in it, but some will not.

She finds it to be pretty boring, honestly. But at least it's better than having to smack lips with Riku for the world to see.

Since Mayuka will still be seen in these scenes, she needs to be styled, which she rather enjoys. She enjoys looking nice without the effort or the cost. On top of that, she's being paid to do so.

In these scenes, which are the opening to the TV drama, Mayuka's character Kazumi narrates her own backstory. She explains how she just recently graduated from an online university and now she is moving into the big city for her first real job.

The job is one that Kazumi is really excited for, despite it being a rather typical office job.

As Mayuka records her voice lines for today, she starts to mess up. 

Her mind is distracted. She keeps thinking about how she needs to film a scene with Riku tomorrow. She's not going to handle it well, but she's desperate to not let the past ruin this opportunity for her. 

As she stumbles on her words, she notices the director giving her a glare. 

It helps her realize that she absolutely needs to get her together or else she might lose the role.

The next attempt, she is able to speak every word clearly and at a good pace. The director seemed to approve, so then they decided to move on to the quick background clips that Kazumi is in.

Then, since everything was finished for the day, everyone returned to the first place of shooting to gather their things together and transport them over to the place where tomorrow's scenes will be filmed.

As Mayuka is leaning over as she gathers her own belongings so she can head home, an unfamiliar face approaches her.

"Ogou-san?" A male voice speaks to her. A bit confused, Mayuka lifts her head from her purse to spot a unfamiliar man staring down at her. He seemed quite handsome and about average height.

"That's me," Mayuka responds, slinging her purse over her shoulder as she straightens back up to full height, turning to look directly at him. "And who must you be?"

"Oh.. I thought you might know," the dark-haired man responds with a chuckle. "I'm Yang Jeongin, a popular actor from South Korea. I'm going to be playing the role of Kwon Sunghyun."

"Oh... right," Mayuka gives an embarrassed chuckle. She had been too enveloped by the fact that Oe Riku is playing her female love interest without paying any attention to who is playing her male one. She should've checked the rest of the cast. 

Though, it makes sense that they'd pick a South Korean actor to play a South Korean character.

"What are you doing here today?" Mayuka then questions, her brows furrowing slightly. "You don't have to show up in any scenes until tomorrow."

"I just wanted to watch you,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter