one.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The acting world can be tough.

And 25-year-old Ogou Mayuka is no stranger to that.

The path to get where she is now was not easy. At the start, it was hard for her to even land any roles, let alone in any popular TV show or film. The acting industry can be very competitive. It took her two years of trying to finally land her first lead role. 

She has faced many hardships throughout her now four year long career, but now it feels like all of them were worth it. She is now one of the top actresses in Japan. The revenue and opportunities are amazing, but of course, being famous has its drawbacks too. 

Mayuka is currently awaiting the results for her more recent auditon, which is scheduled to be released today. 

The role she auditioned for is the lead female role for an upcoming TV drama called Tangled Love. This TV drama is based on a popular novel, so the hype for it is already there. It would be a huge opportunity, so Mayuka really hopes that she can land the role. 

Mayuka has read the novel already to help herself prepare for the audition. The story features a love triangle, which is something she has never tried before. On top of that, one of the potential love interests of the female lead is another woman. Mayuka has not tried a romance role with a female love interest in her career yet, but she really wants to have the opportunity to.

In the original novel, Sato Kazumi, a young woman who freshly graduated college, moves to a new city for her first job. At her job, she meets the company CEO's daughter and long lost childhood best friend, Oshima Minako. As well as a handsome and charming co-worker from South Korea named Kwon Sunghyun. The three of them quickly get into a love triangle, with both Minako and Sunghyun liking Kazumi.

It is something that has not really been seen often, which makes Mayuka confident that it will be a hit.

The actress keeps her eyes glued to her phone screen. She keeps refreshing her email, impatiently hoping that the audition results email would pop up. She instinctively begins to pace around the living room of her fancy apartment. Without realizing, she is walking around in circles around the coffee table.

Then, something pops up. She feels her heart start to race faster.

Only for it to be a junk email.

Mayuka lets out a groan of disappointment and proceeds to delete that email. 

Then, after a few long minutes, it finally shows up. The subject line was in all capital letters:

TANGLED LOVE FINAL AUDITION RESULTS

Mayuka can feel her heart begin to quicken its pace once again. Although she should be used to this by now, but she feels nervous every time audition results release.

Then... she scrolls to see who got the role of Osato Kazumi.

Right beside Kazumi's name, in bold and capital letters... was her name.

Mayuka is hit with a wave of sudden relief and joy. She will be given the wonderful opportunity to play this role and she is absolutely excited!

She takes a moment to cheer by herself. The results are confidential for now, but she cannot wait to tell her family and friends about this role.

Then, she decides to take a look at the results for the rest of the cast.

A lot of the big names in the acting industry know each other well. So, usually, she is acting with people she knows already. She wants to familiarize herself with them so she's prepared to work alongside them.

When she scrolls down and sees who is playing Oshima Minako, her excitement comes to a sudden halt.

It is her.

None other than her sworn enemy, Oe Riku.

Of all people why does it have to be her?

Mayuka's previous excitement q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter