nine.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is now the next day of filming.

And Mayuka couldn't feel more frustrated.

All because of Riku. What part of her "leave me alone" signals and body language does she not get?

Thankfully, the day after the last, very cold, night of filming, Mayuka got the day to relax since it was an off day. But now it is back to the grind.

Mayuka walks back onto the office set, not wanting to have to deal with Riku at all today, but she knows she's going to have to. 

She knows she's letting Riku win by letting all of this bother her, but she just can't help it.

When she was stopped by Riku the last time, she felt like prey that was trapped by a predator. She could not escape Riku's rather annoying behavior unless she gave her what she wanted. 

It's not like she wanted to hug Riku at all. She just wanted to give her what she wanted so badly so she would leave her be. She knows if she kept saying no, it would just keep going and Riku would keep pestering her.

As she walks out of one of the dressing rooms... there she is. The menace herself. 

Riku is getting styled, as they have to do every time before they film a scene. 

As soon as Mayuka sat down in her chair, the tension in the air was undeniable. 

And of course, Riku decided to open .

"Aww, did you miss my hugs yesterday?" Riku immediately starts teasing.

"Definitely not," Mayuka huffs as the stylists begin working on her hair. "Did you miss getting on every last one of my nerves?"

"Yes I did, thanks for asking," Riku responds, sticking her tongue out at Mayuka teasingly, who ignored her response. "Damn, always so grumpy," Riku mutters. "But lucky for you, I like it when you're grumpy."

Mayuka can't help but blush, not even looking at Riku. Finally, she takes a moment to look at her and it is like her lungs were ripped out of her chest. She could hardly breathe.

While Minako, Riku's character, usually wears suits to work... it seems she had decided to step things up a notch to try to impress Kazumi. 

Mayuka had completely forgot it was time for that in the novel. She didn't think it happened until later. 

The outfit is still modest, of course, this is a work setting... but it is very different from what Minako usually wears. 

Mayuka can't help but think that Riku looks great in it. 

"Should I stop being grumpy? Since you like it?" Mayuka questions in response to Riku. "Want me to be so happy that I get multiple kiss scenes with YOU in this ing TV drama?!"

"I think I would like that too," Riku continues to tease, giving Mayuka a wink. "I want you to be as excited as I am for us to kiss."

What has possessed this woman?! Mayuka thinks Riku has gone insane. She was being so rude right back at her before... but now she's like this?!

It seems like Riku has found out what irritates Mayuka more.

" off," Mayuka just mumbles, deciding to just ignore Riku from here on out.

Now it is time for them to shoot the next scene.

This scene is rather important to the story.

Minako's feelings for Kazumi got caught by her father, so he has told her to stay away from her or else she will fire Kazumi.

Of course, not wanting Kazumi to get fired because of her, Minako obeys. She then goes to break the news to Kazumi,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter