three.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is now the next day. The day Mayuka has been dreading ever since the audition results were released.

She will have to shoot the first scene with Riku.

Mayuka has been memorizing these lines ever since the script was released. Though she's not confident in reuniting with Riku, she is confident in her acting.

She can already feel the tension build up within her as soon as she steps on set.

She really wanted to call in sick. She doesn't feel prepared enough to reunite with Riku just yet. Honestly, she doesn't think she will ever be prepared enough.

But it is going to happen either way.

The thought of the money and fame she would get from this role is the only thing that keeps her going.

Mayuka also considers the possibility that she could outperform Riku so well that she loses her career. Or she could maybe even get her to quit. 

That would be nice.

Even when she has to kiss Riku and everything, she knows she needs to put her all into it to make sure Riku stays on edge.

Mayuka knows that Riku is probably feeling the same way as she is about this. She is probably dreading today too. So, she knows that she needs to stay strong and try to push Riku to her limit.

As she walks inside, the stylists greet her and decide to seat her over there next to...

Oh.

Oh no.

Mayuka wants to run. She wants to run as far as she can from here and never return. 

She wishes she could just become invisible.

There, seated in the styling chair next to hers, getting her makeup done is...

Oe Riku.

Mayuka notices that a few things have changed about the other woman. Her hair is now dyed blonde and cut into a bob. 

How hideous. Mayuka thinks in her head maliciously.

Mayuka's mind is blank, but she does nothing to resist as one of the stylists leads her to her chair. Riku seems to notice Mayuka, turning her gaze over in her direction momentarily as the stylist puts some blush on her cheeks.

"Long time no see, huh?"

Riku's words seem to cut into Mayuka like a knife.

She doesn't respond, waiting as the stylist tries to find the outfit they had picked out for her for this scene.

Mayuka finally gets her moment to escape as she needs to leave to go change into the clothes she has to wear for filming today.

Her fit is simply women's business attire. Just a black suit-like shirt with a matching black skirt that goes down to right around her knees. Oh, and she has to wear black heels. She'll admit that she's feeling the outfit, though she's worried that she might trip on the heels in the middle of a shoot. Her previous roles involved mostly rather casual clothing minus special occasions, so she thinks it's nice to dress really sophisticated for this role.

As the stylist leads her back to her chair, Mayuka finally gets the bravery to get her first full glance at Riku.

Oh , they have her in a suit. Why a suit? And why does that have to look so good in it?

Part of Mayuka wishes she could wear one too, just to show Riku that she could wear it better than her. She cannot allow her to look better than her at anything.

Mayuka sits back down, deciding not to take another glance at Riku, who was getting her eye makeup done.

"Please try to make this less awkward as possible," Riku  opens as soon as she hears Mayuka sit back down in the creaky chair.

"No need to worry about that," Mayuka finally speaks up, her voice laced with bitterness. "I'm just here to get it all over with so I can get that check," she assures Riku.

"That's no attitude to have about your job," Riku snaps right back, her voice turning cold real quick. "You need to at least enjoy doing it."

"I can't enjoy it when I have to work alongside you," Mayuka speaks her mind, grinding her teeth momentarily with frustration. She grips her hands onto the arms of the chair to try to contain her anger.

"Are you really still bitter about what happened? It's been two years. You're twenty-five and acting like a five-year-old," Riku grumbles, crossing her arms.

"I'm not!" Mayuka defends herself. "I'm angry with you for multiple things, not just that," she lies through her teeth, hoping it would get Riku to shut up.

The stylists and makeup artists around them seem rather awkward due to the tension, but keep working around the two bickering enemies.

"If you say so..." Riku responds, which makes Mayuka get the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter