nineteen.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is time for Riku and Mayuka's first date and Riku couldn't be more excited.

She came up with what she felt was an amazing idea for the date. But... she wants it to be a surprise.

Where do you want to go? Mayuka had asked over text.

I have something in mind. Riku responded.

What is it?

I want it to be a surprise ;)

And so, Riku meets up with Mayuka at her apartment and the two head off to go on their date.

They hold hands as they walk along the street, disguisted with masks, sunglasses, and thick clothing so no one could identify them. They are both celebrities, they need to be careful, especially dealing with something personal like a date. 

Tangled Love has not been released yet, but the both of them know it would only make them even more famous, especially since the TV drama is highly anticipated. Ever since it was announced, there was buzz all over the internet.

The best-selling novel already has an established fanbase. Riku can only imagine how popular the drama will be once it starts releasing in June.

The two of them head onto a metro train together. Since they currently live in Tokyo, a massive city in Japan where most celebrities have to live, the main modes of transportation are metro trains, buses, and taxis. Hardly anyone drives, especially when it comes to commonfolk.

Because of Riku and Mayuka's celebritity statuses, they usually ride in cars, usually driven by their managers or other company staff. They don't want to risk dealing with paparazzi or any unwanted interactions with the public. So, they cannot gamble on taking public transportation often. However, they both of them agreed that it would be easier to take it for their date to make it as normal as possible.

Once they get on the train, the two of them sit next to each other, still holding hands. At one glance at them, they just seem like a regular couple who are wearing sunglasses for the sunny day and masks to avoid getting sick. But nope, they are two of some of the most popular actresses in all of Japan.

"Oh, this is our stop," Riku suddenly says, giving Mayuka's hand a gentle squeeze. 

They then get up and get off the train and into the metro station. 

Riku leads the way, tugging onto Mayuka's hand as they start to get closer.

"Why are you so excited?" Mayuka asks, confused as to what is so special about the place Riku wants to take her to.

"You'll see. You're going to lose your mind," Riku chuckles, still seeming very excited.

As they get closer, the smell of coffee fills their senses.

"A café? What's so special about a café? Those are everywhere!"

Oh how Mayuka suddenly wishes she did not say that. 

Once they get close enough, Mayuka can read the sign in front of the store. 

It's not just any café.

It is a cat café.

Mayuka starts to completely understand why Riku was so excited to take her to this place.

"A cat café?!" Mayuka gasps as she pauses in place for a moment. Riku couldn't have picked a better place.

"Yep!" Riku smiles wide, looking over at Mayuka with admiration. "We can get drinks and hang out with some cats! Also, the cats are adoptable." Riku makes sure to add, winking at Mayuka.

Mayuka starts to get so excited, which Riku thinks is very cute to see. She can't believe that they were once enemies.

When it came to date ideas, a cat café was one of the first things to come to Riku's mind. Mayuka loves cats a lot... and she thought it might help them both cope with the loss of Yuki.

They go inside together and get in line to order their drinks, but Mayuka can hardly keep her composure as she looks around at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter