five.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day is an off day, so Mayuka is grateful she gets some time to just relax.

However, her mind is not letting her.

Since her mind is not occupied with anything else, she keeps thinking about the TV drama and Oe Riku. 

She is starting to believe she truly cannot handle it.

Mayuka has decided she wants to quit.

She cannot even handle an almost kiss, let alone the real kisses along the line.

She just can't pretend to love someone she hates. Her acting is not that good.

So, she decides to call her manager, Nina Hillman, to tell her she wants to quit.

Nina, despite being younger than her, is a very reliable manager. She was quite a prodigy when going into her field. She moved to Japan from the United States when she was only 18 to get her college degree. She graduated two years early and now she is already an experienced manager, having had several internships before she started working her first full job as Mayuka's manager. She has been doing well and she has even become a supportive friend for Mayuka too. She's one of her biggest sources of support other than her family.

They even tried dating for a little bit, especially since they met right after Mayuka first discovered she liked girls, but they later realized they only like each other as friends. It only took one date for them to realize that the feelings between them are solely platonic and work-related.

Back then, two of them had gone for a very simple first date: a café date.

After the two of them got their drinks, they started chatting.

Though, as the two of them talked, Mayuka was quick to realize that there was nothing romantic between them. They both honestly felt like new friends just hanging out.

Nina is gorgeous, of course, and Mayuka likes girls who are taller than her. But, Nina wasn't really someone she meshed with romantically. Platonically they did rather automatically. They got along amazingly ever since the first time they met.

Of course, she liked Nina. But she quickly learned that she did not like her in that way. 

Like, hugging Nina? Of course. Holding hands? Maybe. Kissing her? On the cheek maybe. Spending the rest of her life in a romantic relationship with her? No. She just didn't feel it like she had with past relationships.

So, Mayuka picks up her phone and calls Nina, holding her phone up to her ear. 

When Nina picks up, she isn't able to start speaking until Mayuka does so before her.

"I want to quit," she immediately admits. "I am done with this TV drama."

"What?!" Nina responds, in shock. "Why?! It's such a good opportunity! I never thought you were a quitter. Quitting would hurt your career!" She founds very confused, wondering why she's even thinking this. She wanted this role very badly!

"I don't know... I've just lost interest in it now," Mayuka answers the best she could. She cannot let Nina know the true, frankly stupid, reason.

"Really?" Nina asks, not quite believing her. "How can you lose interest that quickly? Plus, even if you weren't interested, this role could easily make you one of the mosf famous actresses in all of Japan!" She continues to emphasize the ridiculousness of Mayuka's reasoning. "Do I need to come over and give you a pep talk?"

"There's no need," Mayuka responds, staying adamant. "I have made my decision that I want to quit. That is final."

"Okay, I'm coming over," Nina then announces, realizing that Mayuka hadn't budged at all.

The most important job of a manager of an actress is to make sure the actress succeeds. If she lets Mayuka let go of this opportunity, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter