merry christmas!

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas had always been a fun holiday for Riku and Mayuka. Though, they never wanted to go all out for it until now, mostly due to being so busy in their lives. However, it was a pretty special Christmas for them both.

They spent all Christmas doing activities around their apartment to celebrate. Those included adding finishing touches to their Christmas tree, which had been unfinished for two weeks due to their busy schedules. They also decided to bake some holiday treats and add more decorations, including lights, tinsel, and a mistletoe from them to kiss beneath.

They even decided to wear matching outfits: Christmas sweaters and mom jeans. It was Riku's idea. Mayuka thought the idea was corny at first, but she ended up warming up to it.

"Can you believe this is our first Christmas as a married couple?" 

Mayuka had spoke as she took another step up the step-ladder to place the star on the top of their Christmas tree. 

"I can't," Riku chuckled as she watched her wife reach to put the star on top of the tree, praying that Mayuka didn't lose her balance. "And a few years ago, we wouldn't have even dared to spend Christmas together," she reminded her. Oh, how she was glad they're now on good terms.

"It's our first Christmas with Hime too," Mayuka pointed out with a smile, successfully placing the star on the top of the tree. 

To celebrate their marriage, Riku and Mayuka decided to adopt another cat. Koi needed a friend, after all! So, the two of them went out and adopted a little brown tabby kitten, naming her Hime. The name was fitting, since Riku and Mayuka have both been spoiling her like a princess since they got her.

"Yeah, hopefully she doesn't knock the tree over," Riku laughed. She watched Mayuka go down the step-latter cautiously. Once she noticed her wife lose her balance, she quickly caught her by the waist, keeping her from falling down the ladder. 

Mayuka laughed, moreso from relief, thankful that her wife was there to catch her. 

"Phew, that was scary," Mayuka admitted, fully going down the step-ladder as Riku continued to hold onto her waist to make sure she did not stumble again. "Thanks for catching me, love."

Once Mayuka's feet were back on the floor, she turned around and gently pecked Riku on the lips.

"I wasn't going to let you fall," Riku laughed and gave her a small wink, keeping her hands on Mayuka's waist.

"If you let me fall from where you were standing, I was going to start signing the divorce papers," Mayuka joked, smiling at Riku teasingly before she let go.

"Come on, we just got married three months ago!" Riku laughed. "You'd give me another chance, right?"

"No second chances," Mayuka laughed. "But good thing we don't have to worry about that, right?" She grinned and kissed Riku on the cheek.

"That's right," Riku responded, feeling warm and fuzzy inside as she received another kiss from her wife. 

It was then when the timer on the oven sounded, signaling that the cookies that they were baking were ready.

Baking or cooking was never common for this couple. Since they were very busy, they have never had time to cook or bake anything. Usually, for meals, they would order takeout from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter