eight.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the break, the cast returned to the park to continue the scene.

Riku isn't sure why, but she is disappointed that Mayuka denied her hug offer. She was teasing her a bit, but she was actually trying to be kind to her for once, seeing how cold she was.

But it turns out Mayuka's heart is as cold as her body was in that moment. Or so she's trying to make it seem that way.

Though, Riku is more than ready to ask again. Kind of just to mess with her a bit. She is liking the reactions she is getting out of her already.

It is now 2 am at night, so Riku is feeling a bit sleepy. Though, she keeps in mind that the sooner that she finishes, the sooner she can go home and sleep. Plus, tomorrow is an off day for Riku so she can sleep in if she needs to.

But since it is later, it has gotten even colder out. Riku wonders if it would be enough for Mayuka to give in to her.

Riku keeps thinking back to that hug. Though it was scripted, it felt somewhat real to her. She wishes she could go back in time and do more to explain herself back then when it all went down. Then maybe Mayuka wouldn't have her so easily. She remembers her old feelings for Mayuka and wishes that things never changed. 

Though she didn't regret it before, she's now regretting not confessing to Mayuka that night. Maybe if she did, what happened wouldn't have turned out the way it did. And maybe they'd be in a serious relationship right now.

Speaking of serious relationships, during the 3 hour break she had between scenes, Riku was spending a lot of her time texting Rio. She has been worried about her ever since the news broke and has been talking to her to make sure she's okay and what she could do about what's happening to her.

She has met Rio's fianceé Maya a lot of times and she definitely approves of their relationship. Riku thinks that are quite sweet together and is happy that they are about to take the next step in their relationship. She knows that Maya will continue to treat Rio well. Riku is even going to be a bridesmaid for Rio, which she is excited for. Though, she is really worried about what is going to come out of this scandal.

Riku lets out a yawn as she returns to the set. She changes before sitting down in her chair, blanket wrapped around herself for warmth. As she is getting styled, Mayuka returns and sits in her chair next to hers.

"Did you take your warm shower?" Riku questions Mayuka, looking over af her.

"Yes I did," Mayuka answers as the stylists begin to work on her. 

"Good. It's a shame you didn't want to hug me. I was ready to keep you warm, you know," Riku teases with a small smirk. "It looked like you needed it."

"I can keep myself warm, thank you," Mayuka dismisses her, pointing out the blanket that she now has. She was smart enough to grab herself her own when she made her short trip back to her apartment.

"Good. No hugs for you then," Riku shrugs all while teasing her lightly.

Riku loves teasing Mayuka like this. She has noticed how she quickly becomes defensive and flustered, which brings her great satisfaction. 

Though, Riku catches herself wanting to break the hard shell that surrounds Mayuka. She thinks she might want to see if she would come around to liking her again.

No. She kicked you out and blocked you on everything! She doesn't want a thing to do with you. And you shouldn't let yourself go through that again. If you become friends with her, she probably wouldn't hesitate to cut you off a second time. Riku reminds herself, halting those intrusive thoughts she's having.

Now, it is time to continue filming.

The two women go back to where they were: sitting on one of the park benches. They then continue off where they left off.

"Did you date anyone before that woman?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter