six.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Riku steps into the office set, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.

Thankfully, the scene she has to film with Mayuka today is rather minor, but just being that close to her after what happened the last time they did a scene together is going to be awkward and uncomfortable.

Though, she knows she needs to push through and not let Mayuka stop her from succeeding. It is what Mayuka wants her to do, right? Fail?

Honestly, it seemed like it was what Mayuka wanted all along.

Two years ago, Riku felt betrayed when Mayuka suddenly her and kicked her out of their once shared apartment for good. She did not even get a chance to explain herself. She had tried, but Mayuka locked her bedroom door and refused to talk to her. 

Getting that role Mayuka wanted so bad was a complete accident. Riku's manager, Yamaguchi Mako, had told her that there was a really great opportunity that she had found. Mako had connections with the people running the TV drama and they had basically said that they would offer Riku the role themselves. Even without an audition. They had trust in Mako's management so they knew that Riku would be amazing because of that.

Riku thought it was unfair since they already had auditions open, but she couldn't turn down the opportunity.

So, without even knowing what it was yet, she accepted it. She knows she should've checked which drama it was first, but she trusted Mako and didn't, but now she pays the price. She didn't know which drama she had accepted that exact day until she got back to their shared apartment and met a furious Mayuka.

Now, Mayuka hates her and she hates Mayuka too.

Riku feels like she was wronged by Mayuka, and vice versa. It would've been easy to talk it out and come to an agreement back then, but now their rivalry has simply gone too far to do that anymore. Riku would've spoken to her in some other way, but Mayuka had blocked her on everything. She even blocked her phone number.

Riku thought they were friends... friends would not turn on friends that quickly. 

She liked Mayuka a lot. Actually, she didn't just like Mayuka either, she loved Mayuka.

Only a month after they moved in together, Riku found herself falling for Mayuka. She would catch herself admiring her, or even accidentally glancing at Mayuka's lips as they talked. She wanted to kiss them so bad.

Now, just the thought of kissing Mayuka makes her feel revolted.

The night before Mayuka turned her back on her, Riku thought about confessing. 

The reason why Riku couldn't sleep that night was because she was disturbed by her feelings for Mayuka. She worried if Mayuka liked her back or not or if she should confess. She was also worried that her feelings could get in the way of the friendship they already had, possibly ruining it completely. She has heard about that happening to people way too many times.

But, when Mayuka came over to her bedroom in the middle of the night, she took it as a sign and took the opportunity to invite Mayuka to sleep with her.

Her heart had raced as Mayuka joined her in bed. She loved having an excuse to love on her. Her excuse being she wanted to help Mayuka relax so she could sleep. So, she took a shot and cuddled with her. 

Riku rested an arm on top of Mayuka and rested her head against her shoulder. The simple placement of her arm quickly turned into a hal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter