epilogue.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is now Mayuka and Riku's four year dating anniversary.

And a lot of things have changed in the past four years.

It seems like Riku and Mayuka's friends have really progressed in their lives. 

Mayuka's manager Nina recently started to date Riku's former roommate Ayaka. As soon as Riku and Mayuka introduced them both to each other, they were both smitten, Nina especially though. Mayuka still tries to hold back her laugh when she thinks about what Nina told her after she first met Ayaka in person.

"I didn't think someone that beautiful could walk on this Earth," Nina had told Mayuka, which resulted in laughter from the older woman. "Seriously. What does she eat to look like that?"

Mayuka knew that Nina experienced love at first sight.

Riku and Mayuka began to act as wingwomen for them both, doing whatever they could to set them up to talk to each other. When they finally started to date about a year ago, Riku and Mayuka felt so accomplished. They are very cute together.

Meanwhile, Riku and Mayuka have also been preparing for aunthood. 

Rio and Maya are soon to have their first child, which should be born any day now. They are both excited for their friends and are ready to step in to help them if they ever need it.

On that note, Rio has recently announced her retirement from acting. 

Rio succeeded in becoming the most popular actress in all of Japan, and now that she and her wife will be starting a family, she decided to retire. 

It is honestly very bittersweet.

Though, understandably, a large amount of her fans are upset that she is retiring, wanting her to continue despite becoming a mother. But, most people seem to understand that she needs to prioritize her family.

However, Riku and Mayuka have not changed at all in the past four years.

They are the same now as they were four years ago. Other than the fact that Riku moved into Mayuka's apartment a year ago, they are still just a happily dating couple.

Oh, and they also made their relationship public.

Of course, there were some mixed reactions. Both of them did lose some fans, but they agreed that they wouldn't want those people to be their fans anyway.

Though, especially due to the success of Tangled Love and the love for their chemistry together, most reactions were supportive.

Discussions have been happening online wondering if they're going to get married soon. They have been dating for years now, after all.

Most people seem to think they will soon.

Riku and Mayuka have not been ignoring this. They do in fact think that it's going to be the right time soon.

The both of them have been a bit anxious about it, hoping the other will have the bravery to be the one to propose instead of having to do it herself. But this has only set them back.

They haven't strayed from discussing marriage though.

A month ago, they sat down and discussed it together.

"Mayu, do you want to get married soon?" Riku brought up the topic as they laid in bed together.

Mayuka was shocked by the sudden question, but nodded.

"Yeah. I think it woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter