twelve.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mayuka is considering quitting once again.

She really doesn't want to have to try this upcoming scene again, or especially the next one with Riku. Just the thought of it makes her turn burning red. She is not sure if she's going to be able to do it without getting all flustered.

Mayuka wishes she could just snap her fingers and her feelings for Riku would go away. But nope, thoughts of Riku are taking over her mind. She wants her so bad but yet she cannot handle her feelings. She still cannot accept that she is in love with her. Why her?

Though, she once again thinks about the money and opportunity that comes with this role. Plus what Nina had told her before helps. She cannot let Riku get the last laugh.

So, she shows back up to continue where they left off a few days later. She had told the crew that she had the flu, but only Jeongin knew the truth. Or maybe Riku depending on how much she heard.

Speaking of Riku... why was she watching her? 

It creeps Mayuka out a little. She was being stalked by her!

Though she wonders what Riku saw or heard from her conversation with Jeongin. She might ask her about it today if she gets the bravery to do so.

When Mayuka arrives and spots Riku, she starts to feel herself cower a bit. Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to ask her.

As soon as she sits down in her chair, Riku speaks.

"Hey, are you feeling any better?" She asks Mayuka, which signifies that she likely didn't hear the conversation between her and Jeongin.

"Yeah. No more fever," Mayuka assures Riku.

"I almost dropped by the apartment to check up on you. Since you're living alone and all," Riku admits as the stylists are working on her hair. The apartment?

"...Really?" Mayuka asks, not quite believing it. Though, just as she thought before, this is the same Riku as years ago.

"Yeah. Did Jeongin help you out any?" 

"Yeah. I asked him to bring me some medicine, since I didn't feel like going out to get it myself, and he did," Mayuka smiles a little. "He's very kind."

"Good. I'm glad," Riku's voice was laced with jealousy. 

...Does she like Jeongin?

Mayuka is starting to think so. She likely did see them hug that night. She doesn't blame Riku if she does, Jeongin is a nice guy, but Mayuka cannot help but feel some sort of jealousy. Part of her wants to tell Riku that there's nothing going on between her and Jeongin and that she's in fact a lesbian, but she feels like it would just make her more likely to go for Jeongin. She doesn't like the idea of that.

Riku should be hers.

Wait... holy , did she just think that?

Mayuka's mind shocks herself sometimes.

Now, it is time to retry the scene from before.

Mayuka feels nervous again, but she reminds herself that she cannot chicken out of it this time.

As the two women walk towards each other to start filming, Riku seems to sense Mayuka's nerves. She puts a hand on Mayuka's back, which makes the younger girl jump a little at the sudden touch.

"Oh, didn't mean to spook you!" Riku chuckles, giving Mayuka a warm smile. "Relax. The scene is going to turn out alright. I don't bite, I promise!" She laughs a bit at the end.

Mayuka feels like she'll either faint or vomit. Whichever happens first.

But in a good way.

She's head over heels for Riku now and nothing can seem to change that. She is so attracted to her and she cannot deny that anymore.

Mayuka wanted to feel Riku's touch for longer, but the blonde removed her hand rather quickly. She couldn't help but feel disappointed.

"Thanks..." is all Mayuka could l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter